eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New Ebay account Suspended. What did I do Wrong? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/145-new-ebay-account-suspended-what-did-i-do-wrong.html)

JDarty6173 03-17-2007 11:26 PM

New Ebay account Suspended. What did I do Wrong?

Long story short, my ebay sellers account was suspended, created a new "Clean" account, new account was suspended.

recently set up an ebay account after a suspension. I used a prepaid Simon card with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new IP address, a never used on ebay computer, changed my name, did not access my suspended account or open email from ebay. Pretty much everything to protect my new account. However I was again suspended within 24 hours of listing an auction.

I did not link the new account to my paypal account, and my auction was listed as "Paypal Accepted" and not "PayPal Preferred". Was I correct in assuming this means I was not linked to Paypal through Ebay?

I think my mistake was in making a few small purchases to gain feedback in which I DID pay through paypal through a "Pay Now" option.. Could this have caused my account to be caught and suspended?

I depend heavily on my Ebay income and need to get back on as soon as possible. I have even opened a new Bank account so I can create a new PayPal account. So will I still be able to accept Paypal as a payment option without fear of being suspended again? This is with my old Paypal account, I have not opened my new one yet.

Thanks in advance

jayt 03-17-2007 11:41 PM

Pay with paypal will possibly link you to your paypal. I didn't this and suspended within hours.

My suggestion: buy cheap items and do NOT pay. Those sellers are not likely interested in your payments. They'll leave feedback after you did.

Also, do NOT buy a lot cheap items if you are new. Open some accounts and wait a couple of weeks.

JackNoMore 03-18-2007 10:13 AM

Did you pay using an email address connected to a suspended account? If so, next time try using the email you registered the new account under. I believe there is less chance for "linking". I wouldn't necessarily advise not paying. Even cheap items cost money to list and not everyone is Midas. But if it's a new account I guess you have not much to lose feedback-wise.

JDarty6173 03-18-2007 12:14 PM

I was actually using a new email address that i created just for the new ebay account. But of course I had listed that new email address on my existing paypal account which was used and had been linked to the suspended account.

I am pretty certain that my new account became linked to my suspended account when I used "Pay Now" to make several purchases. I just haven't heard of any confirmed suspension being caused from that type of linking.

JackNoMore 03-18-2007 05:14 PM

If this is true, it would confirm my earlier fears that this might happen as a result of registering for their last spring promotion. You may have to open a brand new account to work around this problem.

JDarty6173 03-18-2007 07:14 PM

I am opening a new account as we speak. I will be listing only 1 small item to see how it goes. New IP, New Prepaid Debit Card, New Bank account number, New address, New name. The only differnce will be that I am not going to make any purchases prior to selling.

I will post my results. Wish me luck.

JackNoMore 03-20-2007 09:47 AM

Good luck :)

AndreasF 03-20-2007 10:40 AM

So, JDarty6173 what was the result?
(Still wishing you luck:)

AndreasF

groundhog 03-20-2007 11:14 PM

Yes, I tried, I bought items for $0.01-0.15 and didn't pay for any. Easily got 15 feedbacks. Then I sold 4 items and after that my account was suspended because one jerk sent a complaint about me to ebay saying that I was shill bidding. Yes, I was, but he had no way to know that. Well, ebay will lose my fees again :)

aspkin 09-30-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groundhog (Post 1183)
Yes, I tried, I bought items for $0.01-0.15 and didn't pay for any. Easily got 15 feedbacks. Then I sold 4 items and after that my account was suspended because one jerk sent a complaint about me to ebay saying that I was shill bidding. Yes, I was, but he had no way to know that. Well, ebay will lose my fees again :)

Old, but funny.

powerbid 10-01-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDarty6173 (Post 1128)
Long story short, my ebay sellers account was suspended, created a new "Clean" account, new account was suspended.

recently set up an ebay account after a suspension. I used a prepaid Simon card with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new IP address, a never used on ebay computer, changed my name, did not access my suspended account or open email from ebay. Pretty much everything to protect my new account. However I was again suspended within 24 hours of listing an auction.

I did not link the new account to my paypal account, and my auction was listed as "Paypal Accepted" and not "PayPal Preferred". Was I correct in assuming this means I was not linked to Paypal through Ebay?

I think my mistake was in making a few small purchases to gain feedback in which I DID pay through paypal through a "Pay Now" option.. Could this have caused my account to be caught and suspended?

I depend heavily on my Ebay income and need to get back on as soon as possible. I have even opened a new Bank account so I can create a new PayPal account. So will I still be able to accept Paypal as a payment option without fear of being suspended again? This is with my old Paypal account, I have not opened my new one yet.

Thanks in advance

whenever ebay suspends it gives a reason.. did they say u r linked to previous suspended account? or something else

powerbid 10-01-2007 01:02 PM

well modee.. this chap is confused if he got linked to previous account or if there was another cauze.. so its obvious if the account is linked to previous account u get a linked to previous suspended account message... isnt it???