eBay suspension problem should I take legal actions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default eBay suspension problem should I take legal actions?

Hi.

My ebay account was suspended 3 weeks ago, the account was a legit 8 years old account from my girlfriend.
I did 50 legit sales ( sneakers, legos, collectables) Also purchased some items ( Average 5k earnings per 90 days .
All my sales/purchases were legit with just 2 problems, 1st one was with eBay sneakers authentication centre they sent my shoes back because they were not able to authenticate my shoes ( shoes were 100% original ) and the other one for a sale I did that the parcel got lost, the customer was an ass and created a claim but was refunded asap, those were all the problems I had until 1 month ago when I decided to list a "PDF INSTRUCTION MANUAL " For a rare lego set, the listing was 100% clear and valid, the description was also super clear with cap letters saying that this was only a PDF sent by ebay message and that the customer needed to buy the lego pieces.
Listed it for $10 and sold 6 in 3 days, great, after a few days more sold a few more and then just had 2 claims open from customers because they didn't get the lego, I told them that no refunds because I sent the instructions and the sale was clear, I contacted ebay live chat about this and they told me to not worry, they checked my listing and they told me that everything was perfect and well explained, they closed both cases and returned me the money.

I contacted ebay again, asking if I should change something from the listing, as I never listed a digital good before and they told me that it was "perfect" ( I still have the chat transcripts ofc).
After 2 weeks I sold around 60 instructions and had 8 open claims, from people that were just idiots that didn't check the title or description, or just people trying to scam and get the money back.
My account got suspended because I had "many open claims" I contacted ebay and explained everything, they didn't care about it, suspension is not removable. I told they that I have the chats that they can check that my listing was perfect and 100% with ebay rules saying that every problem I had about that item they would just close it for me. They didn't care.

Final frustration came after they suspended my account, they just gave the money back to everyone that created a claim, even if the item was delivered, so ebay just stole me 120$ and they are even charging me fees because of the claims.

Should I take legal actions against ebay? I feel like this is not right, they are just taking my money. I did everything right, asked ebay If I should remove it or something and they told me that it was right x3 times.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2021

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: eBay suspension problem should I take legal actions?

The account is dead and legal action will achieve nothing other than lose you even more money.

Time to go stealth.
Old 12-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
The account is dead and legal action will achieve nothing other than lose you even more money.

Time to go stealth.
I'm not trying to get my account back, but I think that what they are doing is illegal.
Old 12-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecr0w View Post
I'm not trying to get my account back, but I think that what they are doing is illegal.
It's annoying what they are doing, certainly.

Belated welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 12-28-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
they can close your account if there are too many open claims/disputes/authentication problems,they call it a hazard to the Ebay buyer community!
you have no tracking to show your PDF has been delivered,so bot closed the case in buyer favor.
Ebay owns the venue.
Many Ebay buyers do not read but some are scammers knowing damn well you cant prove delivery,you can buy a first class shipping label to get a tracking number,send them a thank you card,but it would cost you
Old 12-28-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
You've broken their user agreement (ignore any promises made by agents, they're worthless) so they'll be happy they've acted properly and clarified it with their own legal department.

But if you think they're wrong and it's worth the effort and expense then by all means initiate legal action.
Old 12-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 94%

You won't win, complete waste of time and money. Move on.