Ebay account permanently suspended (UK) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-07-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Ebay account permanently suspended (UK)

So shortly before Chrimbo, they blocked my account permanently. Along with the rest of you I've been banging my head against the proverbial wall ever since...

Won't tell me why. What I did get was a couple of cancellation bid notices for items I hadn't even bid on, So I guess the account was hacked.

Now...I had 169 listings up! Right now I'm desperately trying to find a way to get that data back...but ebay refuses to even comment. Pretty sure it's illegal for them to withhold my own info?

Anybody found a way to do it? Going to be a nightmare unpacking everything, re-photographing, re measuring and plugging things in to found out the exact spec again.....:-( Couple of months work at least.

It was also my only source of income, wtf can I do now? :-(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay account permanently suspended (UK)

Actually its their platform and you agreed to their ToS when you signed up to the acct so anything they do on it is their right...
Unfortunately your story is a common one - especially in recent months. Not much to be done about other than try again - and not only on ebay as they have become very unreasonable in the way they deal with their members.
Old 01-07-2022
Threadstarter  

where else is good to trade though? they basically bought up all the competition in the 90s and effectively closed them down = de facto monopoly
Old 01-07-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

first of all what you can do is study the stealth guide.
Get your basic understanding on how the accounts work first.

Then come back to this forum to ask more specialized questions so we can help you with your new accounts.

Aboutwhat to trade that's really up to your entrepreneurial mind. This is a business, your business to be exact, so do your research, ask questions and execute it.
Old 01-08-2022

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Do you remember any of the listing titles exactly as they were listed ?

Google the title. See if it throws up any of your old listings, it might, it might not if it does, hey you have a few listings to save. You can go to your user name, click on the feedback, view other items, and then click on "sold" listings to see any of your old listings which you may be selling duplicates off and then save the details that way.

It may reduce your workload of opening every single parcel and re-photographing etc.

In regards to making a new account, with managed payments you will have to use a friends / family members details to create a fresh account.

I would still stick to stealth principals of new IP, new browser, new number, new email etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Jake Maverick (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Jake Maverick (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your thoughts! I have done all that...I can actually still log in but can't do anything...I can get the list up, with titles and that...but when i click on the listing it goes to a dead page, just copying and pasting the text off if i could would be a god send right now, but not to be :-(

It was a friend's account anyway actually...as they did similar crap to me about 8/9 years ago :-( My business was just starting to really get going as well...as for these stealth accounts...I can't afford anyway, circling the drain here...and I've read a bit on them but I don't think they'll work in the UK as there still needs to be a registered physical address, and that is black listed...I mask my IP anyway but they also scan for your CPU ID, so need new PC as well, surely? Maybe rules are different in the US but I can't see how those stealth accounts would work...and if they do it won't be for very long as automatic scripts they run will find them in the end.... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Do you remember any of the listing titles exactly as they were listed ?

Google the title. See if it throws up any of your old listings, it might, it might not if it does, hey you have a few listings to save. You can go to your user name, click on the feedback, view other items, and then click on "sold" listings to see any of your old listings which you may be selling duplicates off and then save the details that way.

It may reduce your workload of opening every single parcel and re-photographing etc.

In regards to making a new account, with managed payments you will have to use a friends / family members details to create a fresh account.

I would still stick to stealth principals of new IP, new browser, new number, new email etc.
Old 01-08-2022
Threadstarter  

actually, here's a thought....been many years since I looked, but I just remembered.....wasn't somebody 'archiving' or cashing/ backing up every web page somewhere? I wonder if the html is still out there somewhere...does anybody know what i am talking about?
Old 01-08-2022
Threadstarter  

actually, just found it...no joy :-( if only i thought to look sooner, may have been there :-(
Old 01-11-2022

Longevity: 19%

Sorry to read about your story.
You said your own account was suspended for 8 years ago, I do believe that you can register a new account with your own real information, because now MP system applies and everyone gets a second chance.
Once you get your own account, you could list your items, maybe you couldn't get the listings' description back, and you need to do this job again..
you will get your buesiness setup again, maybe a little hard... be strong, you can do it!

Last edited by betterlife2021; 01-12-2022 at 04:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to betterlife2021 For This Useful Post:
Jake Maverick (01-19-2022)
Old 01-11-2022

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Try one more time with your real banned info, you may be surprised.

I'm using managed payments with my real banned info from 3 and a half years ago. The accounts were initially stealth but during the managed payment transition I put in my real banned details and have been operating fine ever since. Touch wood it stays like that. I'm taking care of my accounts more than ever now after realising how my life revolves around them remaining in good standing.

Considering how quiet the forums are these days I got a feeling a lot of people are back with their banned info and have been given a "chance" like myself so don't really need to come here anymore.
Old 01-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlife2021 View Post
Sorry to read about your story.
You said your own account was suspended for 8 years ago, I do believe that you can register a new account with your own real information, because now MP system applies and everyone gets a second chance.
Once you get your own account, you could list your items, maybe you couldn't get the listings' description back, and you need to do this job again..
you will get your buesiness setup again, maybe a little hard... be strong, you can do it!
um, what do you mean by MP system? I'm reluctant to try that...i can still buy from my original account, just blocked from selling (even when i was the victim of fraud on that one)...i dnt want to risk getting banned from buying as well by doing what you suggest!
Old 01-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Try one more time with your real banned info, you may be surprised.

I'm using managed payments with my real banned info from 3 and a half years ago. The accounts were initially stealth but during the managed payment transition I put in my real banned details and have been operating fine ever since. Touch wood it stays like that. I'm taking care of my accounts more than ever now after realising how my life revolves around them remaining in good standing.

Considering how quiet the forums are these days I got a feeling a lot of people are back with their banned info and have been given a "chance" like myself so don't really need to come here anymore.
i think it might be different stateside, different laws and such....here they do so much scanning and port reading.....things i search on turn up as 'suggested items' on my house mates account...all we share is the internet connection, can be a bit embarassing depending what you are searching for.....