eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Restricted account for using fresh email address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/147529-restricted-account-using-fresh-email-address.html)

smokemdude 05-06-2022 07:54 AM

Restricted account for using fresh email address

I was asked a few questions before they permanently restricted my account. This was the last question before they decided we should part ways.

Thank you. How long have you been using your email?

So now they are getting info from google on the age of email accounts used to create the ebay account. Is this a new red flag for them? What email services work best to create new stealth accounts? I don't want them to have info like this if it is going to get accounts flagged right off the bat.
Oh, this account was aged for four months of browsing history before actually listing an item. The email was created the same day as the ebay account of course, just like I have done for years.

Steveo036940 05-06-2022 09:49 AM

Re: Restricted account for using fresh email address

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokemdude (Post 1191619)
I was asked a few questions before they permanently restricted my account. This was the last question before they decided we should part ways.

So now they are getting info from google on the age of email accounts used to create the ebay account. Is this a new red flag for them? What email services work best to create new stealth accounts? I don't want them to have info like this if it is going to get accounts flagged right off the bat.
Oh, this account was aged for four months of browsing history before actually listing an item. The email was created the same day as the ebay account of course, just like I have done for years.

Your restriction was not caused by your e-mail, you're just assuming this as the reason since that was the last question they asked. Sadly they probably knew they were restricting your account before they even spoke to you, and the conversation was merely Ebay collecting data on you.
While it's impossible to know for sure why you were restricted, it's most likely in your set-up. Solid IP, real verifiable name, address and DOB, real phone (no voip), brink and mortar bank, new user account on PC or new cell phone (to prevent linking to old suspended accounts), safe no risk first item listed, etc.
There is no need to age your account for months as Ebay will love you if you set-up correctly or hate you and suspend accounts they deem risky (which is what happened to you).
List your steps for creation and perhaps you'll get more specific answers on what caused your restriction.

SaiJin 05-06-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokemdude (Post 1191619)

HUH? No, email has got nothing to do with it.

If you tell us how you created your account we might be able to point out what caused it.

smokemdude 05-06-2022 08:23 PM

They told me that they noticed activities that put the ebay community at risk. All I did was list a used copy of Gullivers Travels paperback. This didn't seem right, I don't know how listing a used book for sale for a couple bucks puts anyone at risk. You are probably right though, they can't possibly know how long you have had your email address.

SaiJin 05-06-2022 09:31 PM

definitely not the email.

how did you make your account?

Roy3805 05-07-2022 12:48 AM

I just learned that these e-commerce sites are using your email data also for detecting spam accounts believe it or not. Everything about your account is playing a role in suspensions and restricted when signing up

From this website https://www.digitalinformationworld....fraud.html?m=1

How Businesses Analyze Email Risk Scores To Prevent Fraud
Email risk scores are calculated based on a variety of information collected through the reverse email lookup process, including:

• Email address validity: verify if the email address is real using an SMTP check.

• Email domain type and quality: evaluate the trustworthiness of the domain, check the age of the email address, and verify the user’s real name. Custom domains and services that require users to go through a verification process are more trustworthy while email addresses that are easy to create through services that don’t require SMS or other verification could be more suspicious.

• Social media profiling: check social media accounts associated with the email address. A social media presence indicates a lower chance that the email is used by a fraudster. Also, you can get information about the email owner’s name, location, workplace, and bio to inform risk assessment without any lengthy research.

• Data breaches: see if the email address has been involved in data breaches. If an email address has been in a breach, it is seen as lower risk because it can be verified as being used a while ago.

• Email blacklist: check the email address against known public blacklists compiled by fraud prevention, cybersecurity, and private companies.

• Email address quality: evaluate how likely the email account was created by a real customer (instead of a bot or fraudster.) String analysis is used to determine if the email address looks genuine. For instance, if the name that appears on the handle and account are different, the email address is more suspicious.

An intelligent fraud detection tool leverages methods such as name matching, geolocation, and proxy reputation to paint a composite picture of the buyer. Businesses can then get instant results — along with an email risk score — to help assess the full risk profile of a transaction in real-time.

An adaptable email analysis tool also allows you to customize risk thresholds based on the nature of your business. You can set specific risk score ranges to help inform decisions on whether to approve, review, or decline a transaction.

Hank 05-07-2022 02:19 AM

As above, I don't know why folk are saying it has got nothing to do with email address when it's well documented on this site that some sources are blacklisted.

It stands to reason that they will scrutinise everything required to create an account.....everything.

That said, other than the known no-go sources then on it's own it is hard to believe it could the the main contributor to a suspension notice.

Roy3805 05-07-2022 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1191665)
As above, I don't know why folk are saying it has got nothing to do with email address when it's well documented on this site that some sources are blacklisted.

It stands to reason that they will scrutinise everything required to create an account.....everything.

That said, other than the known no-go sources then on it's own it is hard to believe it could the the main contributor to a suspension notice.

At first I didn’t believe it when my friend told me that a email account is important, he bots new sneaker releases and he’s a pro at it. He said a very new email account is high risk, and a email made from sites other than the top providers are high risk. I argued with him and said emails mean nothing. But I did research and stumbled across that website.

The eBay rep that the OP contacted was probably giving him a hint of the suspension 😂🤔

Speeder33 05-07-2022 07:15 PM

it sounds like OP is using gmail, ebay cannot see the age of this