VMWare blacklisted by eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-24-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 11%
Default VMWare blacklisted by eBay?

I created eBay account on friends name, on his home IP inside a VMware on his computer so that I could Teamviewer and manage it from my home.

So this is what happened:

1. 100% real home IP
2. 100% real name information, everything is real
3. Ran on VMWare
4. He created eBay on his normal computer browser, later I logged in VMWare (ip did not change, its still his home IP), I listed 3 items (On VMWare), nothing sold for 3 weeks, I removed one listing and listed another item, and got reactivate message 30 min later

So it got "reactivate your account" after 3 weeks after I removed one listing to add a new one because item never sold. Item listed is 100% legit and sold by hundreds other people and its not drop shipping so its not about the item.

He is basically a real user, just ran on VMware, VMware is the ONLY thing that is "suspicious".

That leaves me the only 2 options to think that
1. eBay now blacklisted VMware and suspend anyone (even legit in my case) that uses it.
2. Unlucky with the customer rep who suspended me indefinitely after calling on "reactivate your account"

Does someone else share same experience?

Last edited by th3f0x; 06-24-2022 at 04:22 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2022

Longevity: 13%
Default Re: VMWare blacklisted by eBay?

eBay runs port scans with a service from threatmetrix to find people running team viewer or any remote services

VMware isn’t blacklisted it’s just teamviewer can be detected

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...cess-programs/

Last edited by Roy3805; 06-24-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3f0x View Post
I created eBay account on friends name, on his home IP inside a VMware on his computer so that I could Teamviewer and manage it from my home.

So this is what happened:

1. 100% real home IP
2. 100% real name information, everything is real
3. Ran on VMWare
4. He created eBay on his normal computer browser, later I logged in VMWare (ip did not change, its still his home IP), I listed 3 items (On VMWare), nothing sold for 3 weeks, I removed one listing and listed another item, and got reactivate message 30 min later

So it got "reactivate your account" after 3 weeks after I removed one listing to add a new one because item never sold. Item listed is 100% legit and sold by hundreds other people and its not drop shipping so its not about the item.

He is basically a real user, just ran on VMware, VMware is the ONLY thing that is "suspicious".

That leaves me the only 2 options to think that
1. eBay now blacklisted VMware and suspend anyone (even legit in my case) that uses it.
2. Unlucky with the customer rep who suspended me indefinitely after calling on "reactivate your account"

Does someone else share same experience?
I would of personally created an account on your computer with new user in his real name date of birth and address.

I’ve done that in one of my friends and so far my listing is active and already has a bid I’m hoping this account will be my first break through since trying to get back on.
Old 06-24-2022

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
eBay runs port scans with a service from threatmetrix to find people running team viewer or any remote services

VMware isn’t blacklisted it’s just teamviewer can be detected

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...cess-programs/
Are you saying that I cannot use VPS after I listed my first item using my desktop ?
Old 06-24-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
Are you saying that I cannot use VPS after I listed my first item using my desktop ?
I would stay away from any of these.. but if you aren’t having issues with VPS then I guess you’re fine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roy3805 For This Useful Post:
0bitus (07-15-2022), rsot (06-25-2022), Whyalwaysmee (07-21-2022)
Old 06-24-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

I never liked VMware nor VPS.

I just don't see the point when you have your own laptop.
Old 06-25-2022

Longevity: 16%

Performed a lot of tests the last 10 months and can tell you for sure vmware is not the problem.
Old 06-25-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
I listed 3 items (On VMWare), nothing sold for 3 weeks, I removed one listing and listed another item, and got reactivate message 30 min later
Seems like that was the trigger.

VMware hasn't been blacklisted, or if it has it hasn't affected me yet. I certainly wouldn't be ditching it.

It's a fantastic program and has served me well for a decade or so now. Okay, you need a decent whack of RAM if you're going to have several active accounts open at the same time but it's a hell of a lot easier than messing around with users accounts. Maybe more secure too if some of the leakage tales are true.

As an aside, I've often thought if I was an account seller here I would do it via VMware containers. A ready to go, fully tested and proven 'machine' in an almost plug-and-play format. Okay bit of prep required by the end user but some interesting possibilities once done. Just a thought.
Old 06-25-2022
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

I don't suppose virtual machines are a problem with ebay. All our accounts are on VMs but just not the rugular VMs around.

As regards the port scanning thing, ebay has been doing that for years. I think the target was buyers, not sellers.
Old 06-25-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Seems like that was the trigger.
Really.. how is that possibly wrong thing to do? I would never in a million years think that deleting a listing because it doesn't sell, to put another one would get me suspended. Its like common thing that if something doesn't sell maybe you want to try to sell another thing instead? By the way they were both in the same category.
Old 06-26-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Really.. how is that possibly wrong thing to do? I would never in a million years think that deleting a listing because it doesn't sell, to put another one would get me suspended. Its like common thing that if something doesn't sell maybe you want to try to sell another thing instead? By the way they were both in the same category.
It happened within 30 minutes of the change, doesn't that seem a little coincidental to you?

The ebay algorithm is a strange thing, trying to rationalise it is pointless at times.

Extreme example. Same category, same product type. Try swapping your no-name $5 earbuds to Apple Airpods.
Old 06-26-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Did you put up a new listing with some kind of branded wording?
Old 07-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Did you put up a new listing with some kind of branded wording?
No, they are same category, just different version of item, stamps (from official postal office in our country) in my case.