Another account suspension story. And how do I start again? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-27-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
Default Another account suspension story. And how do I start again?

I didn't know account suspension was a thing until my seller account was suspended permanently back in May. The reason they gave is "posting risk to the community". And their CS wouldn't tell me why because "other people might know how to avoid suspension".

I don't do drop-shipping, everything I sold was shipped by myself. And there were no negative feedback or pending claims/fees.
This is a 9 years old account, but I really started selling a lot in the past 3~4 years. I do have 2 other accounts suspended as well, which I used to buy stuff.

The suspension came 1 hour after I sold a laptop to a buyer. And the day before the suspension, there was several orders came from different account but all shipped to the same address. Not sure if that was the reason. I did get some VERO warnings email, but I thought those are for the images I directly pulled from manufacturer's website. Or is it because I'm not suppose to sell certain brands?

I just felt sad that they can take something away from me that I put a lot of effort in so easily. And they don't even provide a channel to explain or communicate.

And the even worse part is after the suspension, a buyer opened a return request, which I approved. And a few days later, this buyer closed the return and opened a "item not received" case. And eBay immediately side with the buyer and denied my appeal. Later I was told if my account was suspended, any appeal would be denied automatically. And they charged my credit card for that case ($500+).

Back to the present. Since I still have some inventory left, sadly I still have to use eBay to clear my inventory. I do have another account that survived, buy I have never sold on that account before.

Recently, I created a few low price items to sell, and have one just sold. I haven't added any bank information for the MP yet. My question is, if I used the real information of my wife's, which has the same address as the suspended account. Will this result in another suspension? I'll certainly use a different bank account. If I don't use our homeaddress, say a PO box address, will they also ban my account for not able to verify the information?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2022

Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Another account suspension story. And how do I start again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z213 View Post
...I do have 2 other accounts suspended as well, which I used to buy stuff...
Sounds like you probably got linked to these accounts. Were these MP accounts, were they all using real info?
Old 07-27-2022

Quote:
...My question is, if I used the real information of my wife's, which has the same address as the suspended account. Will this result in another suspension? I'll certainly use a different bank account. If I don't use our homeaddress, say a PO box address, will they also ban my account for not able to verify the information?
Are you using the same IP address, computer profile and phone number?
Old 07-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Yes. I didn't really try to hide them, as I didn't know there's account suspension. And I have been using them for years.

One of the account had the same MP as my main seller account. I only used it to sell some electronic codes occasionally, as I don't have tracking number for them and I don't want my tracking upload percentage to decrease. Haven't sold on that account for several months before the suspension.

The other account are just used to buy stuff.
Old 07-27-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

it's been a thing since the age of eBay unfortunately, you are just late to the party.

BUt it's never too late to start learning from the stealth guide.

So start with that guide and post questions as the forum is meant to help people with the guide.
Old 07-27-2022

I wouldn't bother wasting your wife's info on your last account as it's probably already linked to the others.

Your best bet to clear out your physical inventory is to create an entirely new account using your wife's info, a different IP address, computer user profile, and phone number, and a variation on your address. Build it up slow, don't sell VERO and digital items, and blow out your inventory.
Old 07-28-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 07-28-2022

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

Vero could buy from you,look at it and decide it is counterfeit.
Old 07-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Vero could buy from you,look at it and decide it is counterfeit.
I had listings removed because of VERO before, but I thought it was because I used their photos. Looks like I totally misunderstood VERO.
Old 07-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor3k View Post
I wouldn't bother wasting your wife's info on your last account as it's probably already linked to the others.

Your best bet to clear out your physical inventory is to create an entirely new account using your wife's info, a different IP address, computer user profile, and phone number, and a variation on your address. Build it up slow, don't sell VERO and digital items, and blow out your inventory.

By variation, do you mean to add something like an "APT" or "STE" to our home address? Or can I use a UPS/USPS mailbox address (the ones with actual street address).
Old 07-28-2022

Quote:
By variation, do you mean to add something like an "APT" or "STE" to our home address?
Yes, there are numerous threads where people have stated this as part of their account creation and it seems to work. As far as using an alternate address, unless you're going to update your wife's DL to that address it's not going to match up when ebay goes to verify it, but I honestly don't know how much importance ebay puts on the physical address especially if all the other criteria is good.
Old 07-28-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Try to avoid using an address that has been associated with a suspended account.

You have to be a new you.

Old 07-28-2022

Quote:
I had listings removed because of VERO before, but I thought it was because I used their photos. Looks like I totally misunderstood VERO.
You need to research VERO and understand it before you move ahead, especially if you have non-VERO inventory you need to sell.
Old 07-28-2022

Longevity: 43%

Vero has been a thorn in the paw of a lot of people.