eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Business Ebay account with EIN but ebay wants ID (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/148921-business-ebay-account-ein-but-ebay-wants-id.html)

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-26-2022 03:14 PM

Business Ebay account with EIN but ebay wants ID

I have had my ebay store as a business and have attached an EIN, and it has been up and running for months with no issues. But now ebay wants a photo id to "comply with government regulations". And my payments are on hold until i send that in. What are my options here? I attached an EIN to th store so that I DIDNT have to send in my photo id. Is ebay at it again?
In my experience ebay wants a photo id to permanently suspend you.

SaiJin 10-26-2022 03:32 PM

Re: Business Ebay account with EIN but ebay wants ID

Usually they do...
Did you have a spike in sales or something happened with customers?

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-26-2022 04:16 PM

No, i have been taking it very slow. No issues with customers that i know of. Should i send in my id or the copy of my EIN?

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-26-2022 05:05 PM

Just got another store with the same notice. This seems bad. Last year I lost 31 out of my 32 stores in December. I'm just rebuilding now, hope this isn't a repeat.

murdered_by_ebay 10-27-2022 04:58 AM

it most likely means you have multiple accounts for the same personal details

suspension will only come if the uploaded ID is stealth , with real ID there should be no problems. I uploaded my ID 5+ times and everything was fine

rsot 10-27-2022 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204167)
Just got another store with the same notice. This seems bad. Last year I lost 31 out of my 32 stores in December. I'm just rebuilding now, hope this isn't a repeat.

31 out of 32 - oh man, that's rough - same mode of operation for each account?

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-29-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1204189)
it most likely means you have multiple accounts for the same personal details

suspension will only come if the uploaded ID is stealth , with real ID there should be no problems. I uploaded my ID 5+ times and everything was fine

I uploaded my real id for both stores. So far so good. My question is, what is the point of adding an EIN to stores once it reaches the $600 threshold if eventually they are going to ask you for ss# and picture id?

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-29-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1204200)
31 out of 32 - oh man, that's rough - same mode of operation for each account?

First i lost a few big stores for vero/counterfeit violations. Then i started moving my inventory to newer stores. Since it was the holiday season i immediately started selling over 1k a week and those were suspended too for selling to fast. In the span of 3 weeks lost all stores but one. Hit me hard. Lost all the hard work i had done since 2016. Rebuilding now.

rsot 10-30-2022 08:08 AM

Rebuilding now for holiday season - I follow

blanksie 10-30-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204348)
My question is, what is the point of adding an EIN to stores once it reaches the $600 threshold if eventually they are going to ask you for ss# and picture id?

Ran into similar situation with $600 and SSN, which triggered account suspension. Don't understand the logic either. Would be easier to ask for full SSN from the start with first listing.

eBay CS can't give me a clear answer if uploading SSN will clear suspension either. GL

ebaystealth1974 10-30-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204348)
I uploaded my real id for both stores. So far so good. My question is, what is the point of adding an EIN to stores once it reaches the $600 threshold if eventually they are going to ask you for ss# and picture id?

I've never been asked for full SSN. Did the last 4 at signup for MP along with all business info. Going smoothly for a year now...

blanksie 10-30-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 1204373)
I've never been asked for full SSN. Did the last 4 at signup for MP along with all business info. Going smoothly for a year now...

Good to know. Was this with a sole proprietorship or LLC business? Thanks

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-31-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 1204373)

Yep i did the last 4 of SS# along with EIN number and everything was running smoothly until i got the messages last week on 4 stores that i had to send photo id. 2 stores i had payments withheld until i provided the photo id, which when i provided hold were lifted and stores are still up and running. 2 other stores i received that message but payments are not withheld so i'm not providing any info until later.

Robin Hood of Amazon 10-31-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanksie (Post 1204388)
Good to know. Was this with a sole proprietorship or LLC business? Thanks

I always go with LLC's/corporations. Have heard sole proprietorship isn't as good. But honestly i dont know now because i opened all these corporations in order to provide EIN instead of ss#. But now they want ss# and photo id. Next you will have to provide DNA sample.

SaiJin 10-31-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204447)
I always go with LLC's/corporations. Have heard sole proprietorship isn't as good. But honestly i dont know now because i opened all these corporations in order to provide EIN instead of ss#. But now they want ss# and photo id. Next you will have to provide DNA sample.

right now you're just waiting for their reply correct?

ebaystealth1974 10-31-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204446)
Yep i did the last 4 of SS# along with EIN number and everything was running smoothly until i got the messages last week on 4 stores that i had to send photo id. 2 stores i had payments withheld until i provided the photo id, which when i provided hold were lifted and stores are still up and running. 2 other stores i received that message but payments are not withheld so i'm not providing any info until later.

Interesting.

Robin Hood of Amazon 11-01-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1204449)
right now you're just waiting for their reply correct?

No i uploaded the photo id and the stores are back up and payments have been released.

SaiJin 11-01-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon (Post 1204512)
No i uploaded the photo id and the stores are back up and payments have been released.

Good! let's hope there'll be nothing else but good going for you

rsot 11-02-2022 04:49 AM

Quote:

Nice to hear :thumb:

murdered_by_ebay 11-02-2022 06:05 AM

ebay will most certainly ask for photo ID if many accounts are opened using the same personal details

Duab 11-07-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Good to hear that, that's the correct way to operate multiple accounts