highest limit I have seen - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-28-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
Default highest limit I have seen

This account I created back in November is doing pretty good. But what is surprising are the limits that they gave me:

50,000 item limit / $500,000 per month limit

LOL I don't think I could do that much, probably would drop dead trying to package that many items.. Are there really sellers that do that many sales every month?!?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2024

Thanked 1,113 Times in 1,049 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: highest limit I have seen

They could be big retailers,but why would they want to sell on Ebay and pay fees?
I believe BBY sells on Ebay,may be the refurbished ones?
Back in the early days of internet,one could run up 6 figures .month,when everyone wants to buy pc,camera,scanner,laptop,printer.
In fact one such retailer did such a good job,Ebay starts coaching them how to sell online and they ditched their retail store and move to a warehouse type building.
There is a Chinese guy whom Ebay name a room after him,he was doing 300K a month gross,then $300k is like today 500k,
Some do $1 million in a year selling VHS,DVD,recycled electronics,some ended up filing for bankruptcy
Old 03-02-2024

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%

I mean, higher limits like that on a new account are pretty much useless. You're not being smart if you list a lot on a new account. I've had over $1M per month limit, and it's not so much selling to that degree every month, it's the amount of listings you have, along with variations that add up.

If someone actually sold 100k+ per month they'd already have been closely audited by eBay trust & safety and likely are a big retailer. Otherwise you'd never process that much on account without getting MC099 and suspended due to risk.
Old 03-02-2024

You must know already Ebay is not the only one keeping an eye on buyers and sellers on EBay,local law enforcement,US customs,FBI and brand name manufacturers,DEA as well.
If an individual sells $100k worth of merchandise month after month,he is bound to be on the radar of at least one ,who is he,where does he get the goods?
Internal Revenue Service can also be looking for sellers who is being audited ,it can also ask Ebay for his sales records.

Last edited by agent006140; 03-02-2024 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2024

Activity: 37%

True, with more limits comes more suspicion
Old 03-02-2024

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

does not matter , ebay have internal limits where bots restrict and suspend accounts

on new accounts these limits are low , you can sell as little as $1K within a month and this would be enough to get you kicked out for good along with your 500K limit

and once you complain to ebay about such a suspension they would just tell you that the decision is final and they can not disclose the reasons
Old 03-02-2024

Activity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
does not matter , ebay have internal limits where bots restrict and suspend accounts

on new accounts these limits are low , you can sell as little as $1K within a month and this would be enough to get you kicked out for good along with your 500K limit

and once you complain to ebay about such a suspension they would just tell you that the decision is final and they can not disclose the reasons
Haha sounds like the voice of experience
Old 03-03-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemdude View Post
This account I created back in November is doing pretty good. But what is surprising are the limits that they gave me:

LOL I don't think I could do that much, probably would drop dead trying to package that many items.. Are there really sellers that do that many sales every month?!?
There are sellers who do $500,000 in a month,but not with 50,000 items-several national precious metal dealers are active on Ebay,I have seen one selling $100,000 per lot and it is not using MP,but wire transfer.
Old 03-03-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemdude View Post

THere are for sure but it'll take a long time to build the account up to be able to do that much.

So don't just sell that much NOW. Build it up
Old 03-03-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You must know already Ebay is not the only one keeping an eye on buyers and sellers on EBay,local law enforcement,US customs,FBI and brand name manufacturers,DEA as well.
If an individual sells $100k worth of merchandise month after month,he is bound to be on the radar of at least one ,who is he,where does he get the goods?
Internal Revenue Service can also be looking for sellers who is being audited ,it can also ask Ebay for his sales records.
Better to become incorporated at that level of sales, etc
Old 03-03-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 94%

I have 15 year old + accounts with no limits.
Old 03-04-2024

When you exceed 1 million the account has to get approved by a separate internal team. At least that's how it was back in 2018, I'm sure things have changed since then.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-04-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
When you exceed 1 million the account has to get approved by a separate internal team. At least that's how it was back in 2018, I'm sure things have changed since then.
maybe if it is actual sales otherwise it is all done by bots , you get a spike in turnover and they take you down for verification or kick you out right away

if you just sell a lot without spikes and with selling history without meaningful complaints you get those 5-day manual reviews where a small portion of sellers gets taken down and the rest can continue selling

if you happen to have a bad streak with your performance going red on high volume you have a real chance of getting kicked out after the next such review even if it is a very old and a very well established account
Old 03-04-2024

When my account was qualified to exceed 1 million dollar amount I needed to have it approved by a separate team. I know that limits are done by bots however exceeding 1 million had to be manually approved, at least back then. One of the things I was selling was posters with tons of variations which is how I was able to hit that threshold. It was a completely different team, and they knew I was selling things technically copyrighted. They did not care, however said I needed to clean some things up. I never did exceed the amount because I didn't like the fact I was under scrutiny by a higher up back end risk team.
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-04-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
When my account was qualified to exceed 1 million dollar amount I needed to have it approved by a separate team. I know that limits are done by bots however exceeding 1 million had to be manually approved, at least back then. One of the things I was selling was posters with tons of variations which is how I was able to hit that threshold. It was a completely different team, and they knew I was selling things technically copyrighted. They did not care, however said I needed to clean some things up. I never did exceed the amount because I didn't like the fact I was under scrutiny by a higher up back end risk team.
it could be with an actual established account close to such numbers in sales , the OP obviously wrote about theoretical numbers as ebay would take down any account without sufficient selling history long before coming close to 1M

1M is actually too much , on a recent account even selling 1K in quantity would likely be a death knell

there are many people who can't believe it but for MP such quantities like 100 per month or amount like $2K per month are a large amount of money , it is large enough to suspend an account without further investigations or explanations

you may have a 20 year old account , you stop selling for a year , then you return and start doing $3K per month and that is enough to kick you out , they would likely not even ask to provide any docs and some indian with poor english skills on customer support would be explaining to you that the decision is final and no reasons can be disclosed

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-04-2024 at 09:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-04-2024

Yeah unfortunately I have not been able to sustain an account on eBay since 2020 longer than a year. I was always trying to make up for lost time and did exactly what I should not do which is process more sales than I should.

What I find the most difficult about this is eBay has all the employees work from home now. Before you could call in and speak with merchant support, they had trust & safety people on the same floor in Salt Lake City. Now from what I have experienced it's almost impossible to get one of them to personally speak with them, it's via email or messages. When you do that you're just a number, and I know thats exactly what they want, take away emotion.

I am assuming on an aged account that has passed about the 1 year mark, pushing 10k per month with flawless metrics should be okay. They can't be suspending everyone, it just does not seem plausible. It is the act of processing the sales quickly, because only people like us who know how to work eBay would be able to go from 0 to 100 that quickly.

When I first started it took maybe 3-4 years before I was able to push 6k a month. And that seemed like a dream, now I can easily push 20k+ on an account but I have no idea anymore how aged it needs to be, before I try and do that, and I don't even think its smart. Not with MP. I'm sure some pass this stuff just fine, but if you sell anything branded that is high risk in the eyes of eBay those periodic reviews are cancer.

The thing I hate most about it is you can have perfect metrics and they still mess with you. All these other marketplaces like Depop, Poshmark, etc. do not suspend you once your moving sales. I can process 10k per month just fine on Depop, and that was in less than a year.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-04-2024 at 10:36 PM.
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-05-2024

if you want to run volumes on ebay the only thing you can do is to start low and increase the volume by 5%-10% per month , in absence of major performance issues it would work

it does not matter whether their reps work from home , nowdays they are not able to solve issues like suspensions and restrictions but will just pass on info to internal teams , in most cases the final decision has already been made anyway even if they request docs

20K is not a question of age but of selling history , if you see 1K as starting point increase the volume by 10% every month and after about 30 months you could do 20K per month in absence of performance issues

obviously this means that actual age of account does not matter but age of selling history. many people think that a 20 year old account has privileges and could do this but they are wrong , the only privilege it has is that it is allowed to sell small volumes on ebay without harassment if it has good metrics , if volume starts shooting up it will be taken down just like any account that was opened a few months ago

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-05-2024 at 01:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-05-2024

Individuals selling $1 million worth of goods and services,they do not have the merchandise in stock,and you wonder why Ebay would take note,you would too,if you are running a fleamarket
Old 03-05-2024

I have spoken with the VP of Trust & Safety, and only got that because I persisted in calling them asking to speak to a supervisor. I have also directly spoken with a back end Trust & Safety person, learned a lot. That was all pre 2020. I only got that phone call because the VP told him to call me.

They were never able to do anything over the phone, the normal support, my point is they could reach out to that team on your behalf. This I experienced enough times to know. Only the merchant support, but then again my experiences are only on newer accounts, they do treat older accounts different. At least used too.

My strongest account that I used to sell MP with, went from no sales in 2019-2020, from 2021 around spring to winter I went from $0 to processing $20,000+ per month. Exactly what we are talking about. I did get periodic reviews, but none affected me. Without explaining, I could not ship early 2022, and ended up getting over 40+ item not received claims. It took a ridiculous amount of claims to be opened before my account finally was restricted during a periodic review.

Maybe it has changed, but speaking from my experience an aged account with sales history is treated different than a new account under MP.

They gave me every opportunity in the world before dropping the restriction.

I hope you are right about the 1k with 10% increases. I am about to open a new account soon, this is pretty much my plan. Get 1k per month after 3 months, then work with around 10% increase each month.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-05-2024 at 11:01 AM.
ebizz (03-15-2024)
Old 03-05-2024

10% is equivalent of established selling history , it is not a magic number , you show you sell regularly without any major disputes and spikes and you should be good to go even with 50K per month but only on a long running selling history

it is obvious that someone who has stable long running sales is considered a small risk as opposed to sellers appearing out of nowhere and igniting large sales within a few months
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 0%

Currently a lot of accounts in my area have this item quota. 50000
Old 03-07-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote: