eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Ebay reinstatement the easy way (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/15460-ebay-reinstatement-easy-way.html)

sdot10 12-27-2009 10:52 PM

Ebay reinstatement the easy way

I just got my account reinstated in like half an hour instead of the 72 hours it normally takes.

For those who dont know, emailing ebay is pointless. They barely check it and for the most part when they do you get vague standardized emails back that dont help at all. Always call Paypal and they can put you in contact with an actual ebay rep one who can actually help. My paypal was limited and i just needed to upload the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DL, and utility bill which i did and got the limitation off. Tonight I got the news my ebay account was suspended and i had to fax in the standard crap and they said it would take 72 hours for a decision. I called paypal and got on with a ebay rep and asked if there was a way they they could have paypal send them the documents since faxing takes time and effort. She stated she could but the section that would make the decision was closed and that it would be looked at first thing in the morning because emails sent by the reps are looked at first

that def beats the 72 hours after faxing in the info we're all used to

She told me that I should have an answer by early the next morning. I hung up thinking wow that def helped. 5 min later I got a call from the same woman who told me that the account was going to be reinstated. Total time taken from suspension to reinstatement was like 30minutes. Def time saver it seems. And it just goes to show 99% of the crap they do can be fixed with a button click but they just drag their feet on everything.

First Edition 12-27-2009 11:19 PM

They definitley drag their feet.... you'd think they're wearing led shoes.

That's awesome. I honestly think you just got really, really lucky though.
I'd like to see if this is easily repeated.

sdot10 12-28-2009 10:50 AM

i think the big thing is to have gone through a paypal verification. But I have noticed when you go through paypal first its always easier to talk to ebay reps and more effective.

EmptyPockets 12-28-2009 05:54 PM

You may be right on talking to Paypal first but I do believe very much depends on who you talk to and to a lesser degree what mood they are in.

Glad you had success though ;)

luvmyyorkie 12-29-2009 12:04 AM

did you create those docs to send in for your stealth account? If so how? I just created 5 new accounts and they are all OK now but I would like to know in case they request it :)

sdot10 12-31-2009 12:30 PM

well in all of these cases i had already created documents and sent to paypal so paypal just sent them over to ebay

stupidsam 01-01-2010 12:44 PM

mmm im gonna have to disagree on this one from my own personal experiences. i tried the same thing, your one of the select few. the whole phone thing got me about the same thing as emailing would. you basically won the lotto with this one. reasoning with ebay and paypal in my experiences would probably be equal to trying to reason with hitler and his german army to spare a jew. im glad someone has gotten some where with them and this worked for you but simply not the case in my situations. they were no help over the phone what so ever when any of my accounts got suspended. i gave up and just set up new accounts like i always do. thats my personal way of sticking it to them.

niemillonen 01-03-2010 05:31 AM

I also disagree of the ease of calling. I've been selling on eBay for little over two years now, with real ID, had several eBay and PayPal suspensions, always past them but it has always taken time, calling is not worth of anything. Maybe because I'm not from US. Feedback was 96 left with 100%, still suspensions because they thought I was an risky seller, maube because transaction were between 200$ to 1000$ always..

GreenBean 01-03-2010 07:49 AM

I have ebay and paypal on speed-dial. I LOVE talking to them. :violin:

When you have a problem you try to resolve the quickest way. No use to wait for emails. Phoning, talking can work :peace:

sdot10 01-04-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupidsam (Post 117407)
mmm im gonna have to disagree on this one from my own personal experiences. i tried the same thing, your one of the select few. the whole phone thing got me about the same thing as emailing would. you basically won the lotto with this one. reasoning with ebay and paypal in my experiences would probably be equal to trying to reason with hitler and his german army to spare a jew. im glad someone has gotten some where with them and this worked for you but simply not the case in my situations. they were no help over the phone what so ever when any of my accounts got suspended. i gave up and just set up new accounts like i always do. thats my personal way of sticking it to them.

i hate when people compare situations or people to hitler. it always just seems so wrong no matter the cirumstances. anyway yes if you are calling to try to say i dont want to give my SS# or why did you limit my account please unlimit it then of course they are going to give you the runaround, because these are "required" steps. After you complete the steps a quick call will usually warrant an ability to unlimit the account while still on the phone as opposed to 48 hours afterwards