eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   ebay restrictions, what to do (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/15495-ebay-restrictions-what-do.html)

kilode123 12-29-2009 10:22 PM

ebay restrictions, what to do

i got a MC000 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Canceled, then after that my account was restricted and i got an email from ebay customer support and i was asked to provide documents, i posted the email below...however it seems as if was sent to me by ebay representative rather than the usually automated messages.. this stealth account is about a couple of months old.. not sure if i should try and get it back or just let it go..only thing is that i have some money on hold in the paypal account associated with this account, im worried paypal might go ahead and limit my account also within the next few days. help please, dont know what to do, not sure if its worth getting back, im mainly concerned about the money on hold in the paypal account. Thanks

Your listing activity has been restricted to ensure a safe trading
environment for you and the eBay Community.

I need to ask you to submit all of the following information by fax (fax
number below):

- A readable copy of the driver’s license, front *and* back, or
other government-issued ID.

- A copy of a recent credit card statement. Your billing
address should be visible, along with the first and last four digits of
your credit card number.

- Documentation that shows that you purchased or are in
possession of the item(s) currently listed for sale on eBay. If you have
many items for sale, we just ask that you send two or three invoices.

Important –

- Make sure that your name and User ID appears on each document
that you submit.
- After you send this information to us, please reply to this
message with a brief note letting us know that the information has been
sent.

Fax all documents to:
eBay
Attention:
Fax number:

Note –

- It may take up to two business days to review your
information.
- - All documents submitted will be destroyed after we review
them.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as
possible.

Sincerely,

GreenBean 12-29-2009 11:13 PM

If you can supply the docs, give it a go. Kinda no point in surrender especially as there's a paypal attached. Let ebay see that you are eager to be a seller :peace:

kilode123 12-30-2009 07:12 AM

if i turn the document in and ebay denies my appeal, they might contact paypal and have my paypal account limited too and my funds on hold will be stuck, this happened to me before. do you think its better to wait till the funds in my paypal account are released, withdrew my funds, then start sending them the documents?

captainjack1980 12-30-2009 07:36 AM

It is better to deal with the Ebay restriction sooner rather than later. If you don't respond they may decide to limit your PP account as well.

It is only a listing restriction so shouldn't be a problem if you can produce the necessary docs.

CaptainJack

kilode123 12-30-2009 08:22 AM

thanks for the response, i dont have the documents, this is a stealth account. do they really verify these documents, lets say i fax in an "updated" credit card statement, and what about the invoices and i.d? thanks

captainjack1980 12-30-2009 08:37 AM

No they don't verify them. They just need to look legit......

CaptainJack

kilode123 12-30-2009 08:58 AM

Thanks,
i can manage to get fax in credit card statement and invoices.. but not the DL or ID, can i just submit those 2 and look for an excuse for the DL. or im i just wasting my time. Thanks

kilode123 12-30-2009 09:04 AM

In addition, i later recieved a MC011 Account Update notice

We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to your eBay account.

Depending on the situation, some of your listings may have been removed. Also, you may not be able to create new listings for certain items while this is being resolved.

Please look for a follow-up email in eBay messages; it should be arriving soon. That email will contain information on what you need to do next to help us remove the restriction on your account,

We appreciate your help in getting this resolved as quickly as we can.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H61736

soultrain 12-09-2010 08:07 PM

kilode, can you give us an update as to how things turned out? I have just received the same MC011 message for no good reason, and am wondering how to go about it. An update, please?