eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Back Up Idea for ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1566-back-up-idea-ebay.html)

yesterdaywas 10-28-2007 06:40 PM

Back Up Idea for ebay

Hi Guys

I was thinking that I should share this information...I will be doing this soon...

I know all of us always depend on ebay for the items we sell...I did until I got shut down just when the holidays are rolling over, but I will try ebay with other alternatives besides paypal, but I won't concentrate on it like I was before...

It made me realize I will have to go out there and promote my stuff...Anyway, why don't get your own website and put all your items you are selling on ebay on the website and when people buy your item send them a postcard included in the package with the url.....

I know websites are expensive to make, but I found a site where you buy the e-commerce website and the only thing you do is add the product and you can customize the website your own way....Something you can start with...

They are from out the country, but they are good...They basically charge you for hosting and thats it, depending on which one you want....

And they have a way where they can find your website without promoting on the internet....Of course, if you will have to promote it too but at the same time you can send the url to the customer who are buying from you on ebay...

I had bought one, but I never did what I should have (what idiot) but I guess is never late to start....But I had it up and somehow I had a few customers that found me without me promoting it or telling anyone....

My hosting expired and I just let it go, but now I am in the processing on buying a new one.....And will start promoting with ebay and outside, of course if I continue using ebay....

Anyone interesting, let me know and I will post the name of the company....

By the way, the hosting was only $100.00 for the enite yr, so I had a fully functional website for $100.00

kasabian 10-28-2007 07:07 PM

There are many good and simple e-commerce sites out there. I've used a couple in the past. People think it''s hard but it's not. There's no "making a website" involved really! It's all there. You just add your products, set a price, customise the colours of your shop front. It's a piece of pi**. hehe

Let's make a thread listing all the best e-commerce sites. I don't think there is one..

yesterdaywas 10-28-2007 07:11 PM

I know, but it seems not many people know about them....Is there any in the USA? The one that I might buy is in United Kingdom?

koalawash 10-28-2007 07:20 PM

OScommerce is one that I happen to know about, and it seems very popular. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Chris Hanson 10-28-2007 07:24 PM

OScommerce is very hard and complicated. best to leave website building to the pros

aspkin 10-28-2007 07:30 PM

That's a great idea about sending a post card about your site with your package. Chris.. that's one way for you to expand your site.

Chris Hanson 10-28-2007 07:47 PM

Yeah i was going to order free pens with my website url on the pen.. Customers love freethings

scoobs 10-29-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesterdaywas (Post 14698)
I know, but it seems not many people know about them....Is there any in the USA? The one that I might buy is in United Kingdom?

Hi pal im from the uk can u send me the name of the website you are talking about.
thanks

kasabian 10-29-2007 05:53 AM

People in the U.K, check this one out:

Store2Go E-commerce Store Builder - Ecommerce Shopping Cart

It's very reasonably priced...the starter package is just £25 a year! (50 dollars) I made an account for my dad on store2go last year so that he could sell rings. He’s not very computer savy, but this was really simple and easy to do.

kasabian 10-29-2007 05:59 AM

USA:

Build a Website Builder - Make Your Own Website - HighPowerSites.

$17 a month, but honestly it’s worth it because your site will look so slick and professional. Just take a look at the sample sites. You can take a 10 day trial for free. It’s so easy to use.

Mijusdek 10-29-2007 08:45 AM

I've got a myspace page with a google buy it now link on it. It's free, and there is built in network of over 200 million people.

yesterdaywas 10-29-2007 08:55 AM

To Scoobs

I am not from UK, I am in USA, but the website are from the UK and Australia...

Check them out:
Ecommerce Website Design, Shopping Cart Websites Setup for $197
Secure Ecommerce Solutions. Websites, Carts, Hosting & Domains.

This is the ebay user id: "storebuilderscouk" of the person I am going to buy from. They have different packages, but if you read thru all the packages you will see the difference between them...

I am going with the bronze package...Hope this helps you...

scoobs 10-29-2007 09:55 AM

cheers pal will check them out
thanks for that

Chris Hanson 10-29-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mijusdek (Post 14750)
I've got a myspace page with a google buy it now link on it. It's free, and there is built in network of over 200 million people.

Sorry that doesnt work anymore. Myspace canceled all OUTBOUND links as of last week. Only their links is allowed due to spammers

Chris Hanson 10-29-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesterdaywas (Post 14752)
To Scoobs

I am not from UK, I am in USA, but the website are from the UK and Australia...

Check them out:
Ecommerce Website Design, Shopping Cart Websites Setup for $197
Secure Ecommerce Solutions. Websites, Carts, Hosting & Domains.

This is the ebay user id: "storebuilderscouk" of the person I am going to buy from. They have different packages, but if you read thru all the packages you will see the difference between them...

I am going with the bronze package...Hope this helps you...

Best to build your own websites or have me build one. Those websites are cheaply made, not search engine friendly, and also is very limited as what you can do with you..

aaa1 10-30-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasabian (Post 14746)

I've used this one and it's VERY easy to use and automatically lists to google base (if you open account with google base). I really like it. The one thing that I find limiting, however, is the after sales tools.. basically none. If you sell high volume, it can be a pain in the rear. It doesn't offer address export or packing slips. It also does not have much flexibility in language. It only allows javascript and html. It was a good starting place, but I think I need to move on from them.

I'm thinking of moving on to onewebhosting.com They have a site builder (although from what I can tell, it doesn't allow you to change much on their templates). But they offer cart32, which looks pretty good. $24/mo.

If anyone has any opinions on them, please let me know.

aspkin 10-31-2007 04:57 AM

It's best to use a professional shopping cart and build around that. It takes work, but it is well worth it.