Limit?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-29-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Angry Limit??

You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page

WHy the hell would they do this?
and how to get around it i have been out of work for a month
they just made me a power seller and then this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's the types of items you're trying to sell. EBay thinks you're a counterfeiter and wants to verify you. They'll most likely ask you to link to a Paypal account among other things.

Don't link accounts if you've used your Paypal account with past suspended Paypal account.

Just do what eBay asks you should get your account lifted.
Old 10-29-2007

Longevity: 96%

I use to get "limited" from selling a lot of Vero items in a short time frame. They never told me how long the limitation is or how many items it takes to get limited. After about 7 days, I was always able to start listed again. Like Aspkins said, its the items....
Old 11-01-2007

I had the same problem when i first started listing, they ended up wanting me to fax ID but instead, i simply said fax or mail was not a secure method of supplying documents that could see my identity stolen. I mentioned i was more than happy to re verify myself via another credit card or online verification (i know they didnt have this) and I didnt get mad, i just persisted, and what they ended up doing was putting my selling limits on 2 items at a time until my selling feedback got to ten before lifting the limits...its been ages now and they have left me alone, i get more positive feedback every day! It sounds like a drag but a selling feedback of 10 isnt hard to achieve as you know, and it saved me from having to start over on a new account!
Old 11-01-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It's the types of items you're trying to sell. EBay thinks you're a counterfeiter and wants to verify you. They'll most likely ask you to link to a Paypal account among other things.

Don't link accounts if you've used your Paypal account with past suspended Paypal account.

Just do what eBay asks you should get your account lifted.
What aspkin is saying is exactly right.
I had the same kind of issues.Send EB the info they need and you should be right.
Old 11-01-2007

Modee, before the account was perm suspended, it was about 5-6 years old. To be honest, I received so many suspension, warning, and limits before they had enough of me. I really can't complain about how much they let me get away with it. I had a 100% feedback and great customer service. Maybe that is why I lasted so long. I only had one negative before the account was shutdown. If I knew what I know now, I would have stopped using that account for Vero and made new ones. Account had a rating of 15 for 5 years then 204 within the last 7 months before the account was finished. The linked Paypal account is as old at the account and I'm still using it. I just wish I found this forum before it happened. Tiffany is was the NAIL ON THE COFFIN!!!