eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Please HELP if you can - this is a tricky one - keep getting linked! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1605-please-help-if-you-can-tricky-one-keep-getting-linked.html)

hateebaymorethanyou 11-03-2007 12:37 PM

Please HELP if you can - this is a tricky one - keep getting linked!

This post is for a friend - please help her out if you can. Below are the steps she takes to get a new ID but for some reason she keeps getting linked to the same old account from last year.

Any ideas to help her out would be greatly appreciated. :)

Steps taken each time ...

1. Clean all cookies using clceaner AND privacy mantra
2. Sign up for dial up account with peoplepc
3. Go thru all steps to "create new me" - simon giftcard, a free forwarding phone number, etc.
4. Clean all cookies and shut computer down before signing into ebay to create account
5. Create ebay account with that info, without adding a bank account, just bill balance to credit card.

Due to financial CRUNCH/CRISIS, I immediately set up this same account as a seller account.

6. Go to auctiva, create an auctiva account with the same info I set up the ebay account with
7. Begin listing. I use the same items I sold before, but change the title and by reuploading them
to a new auctiva account, the images are also renamed.

I sell the same type of items each time. Prior to November of '06, I never had a problem creating
a new account and moving on. Now, everytime I create a new account, it gets linked to my accounts
that were suspended last November.

The computer I was using most recently was a new computer, never
directly logged into either of the accounts from last November. I had recently moved also, so I had a new IP, and thought it was safe, so I had created two accounts prior to this one that I just
described that had been suspended. Those were the only suspended accounts on this particular computer.

Here's the funky part.. At the same time as creating those two accounts, I created one to sell household items. I logged in with the same IP as those suspended accounts, and don't even bother
with auctiva, I just go directly into ebay and list items. That particular account STILL exists. I figure, it's days are numbered, and if I were to list any quantity of items, that would be enough to grab the attention
of the ebay powers that be.

Now.. I have a rented computer and two different dial up accounts. I have two simon cards waiting for new accounts.
However, I want to know what it is that I am doing wrong before I attempt it again. I hate to sound desperate, but I actually am.

I've always used ebay to support myself without a problem, but I recently had a baby, and now it's not
just me that I worry about. I can't end up in the streets with a new baby! I have got to get this right and I absolutely
REFUSE to let ebay beat me!

If someone could please be so kind as to let me know what it is that I'm doing wrong.. I really thought I had followed every single step that you have to the letter, yet they always seem to find me. I always use
ccleaner, and recently added privacy mantra and have one more to add, which is evidence-eraser, just waiting for the serial number
for registration.

Since I'm using a new computer - have dial up now so it's a new IP each time -- use auctiva and never sign into ebay after setting up the account -- how do they keep linking me to an ID that was never on this computer?

Please help if you can - Thank you!

newebayerwannabe 11-03-2007 04:34 PM

So, did you make up new name and contact info? address etc?

hateebaymorethanyou 11-03-2007 05:04 PM

Absolutely - everything new - but sticking to the same area/state so my IP will be in the area of my new name and addy.

This truly stumps us both.

braydansmom 11-03-2007 09:06 PM

Hi,
I'm one of the people this post is about.. My business partner is the one who contacted hateebaymorethanyou for help - she didn't know how to post.

I have changed everything about the "seller" on each new account. Name, address, phone number.. I use gmail email addresses, but not exclusively, I have also used some aols - just so there is no pattern.

It seems, from what I've read, many of you are just cleaning cookies, or using firefox, which I have also tried, and are not having any trouble, or at least, can get by for a month or so.

I even tried this.. Which I *THOUGHT* was ingenius..
I had my sister sign up a new account for me. She had a brand new computer and a brand new road runner account. She did the complete sign up - even making the EB acct a seller account and signing up the auctiva account for me so I NEVER logged into ebay myself on my computer - I ONLY went through auctiva. Two days later, the account was booted - linked to my old account.

Yes, I was selling the same items, but I had renamed them all in the titles and I thought by reuploading them into a new auctiva account, would have eliminated all possibility of a link.

So, I have a rented computer, and have only used it on dial up but have not yet signed up another new account as I am waiting to hear if anyone has any words of wisdom for me. I am completely baffled and totally desperate - which I hate to admit. I have a one month old son who is counting on me to pay the rent and buy him formula and diapers and so far, I am failing miserably. Not exactly how I pictured myself as a single parent, so.. I am asking anyone with any ideas to please toss them my way..
Thanks
A

hateebaymorethanyou 11-05-2007 01:59 PM

I think we have stumped everybody -- it's like ebay is just LOOOOKING for you and how weird would that be? :(

Everything is leagal - all items are sent out - always stay above 97% feedback with any ID she has - I just don't get it.

Doesn't anybody have any ideas for her? Please? :)

newebayerwannabe 11-05-2007 02:53 PM

I think you really have.
YOU SHOULD PM ASPKIN,MODEE, CHRIS HANSON. They might have some answers.

aspkin 11-05-2007 05:23 PM

The images you use... do you use your own domain or a common domain to host them? Or do you let eBay host them for you?

In your description text, do you use <a href="domain?phpMyAdmin=WLaXkU74rvhzDjk0hhhppuzg3I e&phpMyAdmin=Pymnxn8QjQh36N8121OPDsqIMmd"> tags?

Sorry for not getting back to you hateebaymorethanyou... I've been having ISP problems. I'm at a internet cafe now. :(

braydansmom 11-05-2007 11:17 PM

Aspkin~

We use auctiva, and auctiva image hosting. It's my understanding that the image is renamed by the auctiva system when they list the auction - it seems that way when you try to access the image information thru ebay (right clicking the image). I just tried on the new id I created yesterday, and I also enabled image protection, so I'm not getting the new image info, but.. Each time I create a new ID, I create a new auctiva ID also, and reupload the images. It was my thinking that the images would have a new name. On the new ID, I currently have 10 items listed, all brand new images, never used on any other id before. The id has been there since yesterday. I think the longest I've made it lately is about.... 6-7 days with an id. Not very long.. then ebay "finds" me and links me.

Thanks for the insight~
A

Chris Hanson 11-06-2007 11:38 PM

yep you have a ol stalker or competitor turning you in and their finding you because your using the same ol pics

htown 12-30-2007 11:23 PM

Any updates on this, have you created a new account that's working now?

woodant 12-31-2007 12:27 AM

do you have a unique computer name? maybe you may want to try to change your computer name first?...

ebayhateluv 12-31-2007 01:01 AM

HI- YOu know what== after countless hours.. I just buy a new hard drive- its $159 for my laptop + about $250 for my desktop--after that---
ALL the linking stopped...

aspkin 12-31-2007 01:10 AM

Ebayhateluv did you try formatting your hard drive before you bought a new one? Even though this is extreme, it should have had the same effect.