eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   FYI Success then BAM (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1606-fyi-success-then-bam.html)

ChicagoSurvivor 11-03-2007 09:35 PM

FYI Success then BAM

I have been luring here since mid summer and was really having success. I had 4 active accounts selling. Now I have ost 2 accounts in 24 hours. I sell very different products on both - one account never sells the same item twice. The one I lost tonight, a guy was hounding me over Paypal. I never accepted Paypal when I had 100 + feedback and operated under my real name. This guy bought, I offered to pay through my shopping cart (Google) but I did not tell him that, but he kept insisting I set up Pay Pal and 2 hours after his last nasty email I am struggling to see who is going to honor and bracing for another round of bad checks. This account was 40 days old and the account had about 15 sales totaling $1500.

On my other account, no strong signs were obvious. I had two sales totaling about $700. Both were shut down about 6:00 PM central and had minimal - but all positive feedback and no outstanding item not received notices or whatever.

I use firefox and a Verizon air card so the IP is always changing. I also rebbot about every hour to keep it clean.

Any tips are appreciated, but it seems like the leash is shortening.

newebayerwannabe 11-03-2007 09:55 PM

Damn bad luck dude.

ChicagoSurvivor 11-03-2007 10:15 PM

In both cases it was the generic "abusing ebay" non - sense message.

imjustme 11-04-2007 02:28 AM

You should use dialups for additional safety...

kasabian 11-04-2007 09:37 AM

They probably found out you were using google checkout

aspkin 11-05-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoSurvivor (Post 15048)
I have been luring here since mid summer and was really having success. I had 4 active accounts selling. Now I have ost 2 accounts in 24 hours. I sell very different products on both - one account never sells the same item twice. The one I lost tonight, a guy was hounding me over Paypal. I never accepted Paypal when I had 100 + feedback and operated under my real name. This guy bought, I offered to pay through my shopping cart (Google) but I did not tell him that, but he kept insisting I set up Pay Pal and 2 hours after his last nasty email I am struggling to see who is going to honor and bracing for another round of bad checks. This account was 40 days old and the account had about 15 sales totaling $1500.

On my other account, no strong signs were obvious. I had two sales totaling about $700. Both were shut down about 6:00 PM central and had minimal - but all positive feedback and no outstanding item not received notices or whatever.

I use firefox and a Verizon air card so the IP is always changing. I also rebbot about every hour to keep it clean.

Any tips are appreciated, but it seems like the leash is shortening.

It seems the accounts were linked.. some how.. you probably messed up somewhere and eBay got you.

Do you actually use Paypal with this last guy? That could have done it and suspended you.

newebayerwannabe 11-05-2007 11:19 PM

You definitely missed out something. Because of all the precaution you have taken your account should not be suspended.

Jonas 11-06-2007 03:04 AM

You need to explain better why paypal is bad:

*You can only do 3 disputes a year as opposed to unlimited with credit cards.
*Disputing directly through paypal relies on the seller keeping funds in his account
*Ask if they try to pay the IRS, groceries, bridge tolls, meals at restaurants, or rent through paypal

Make them google "paypal sucks" and visit Paypal Problems, Information, Issues, Class Action Lawsuits - PayPal

ChicagoSurvivor 11-06-2007 12:40 PM

I did not use Pay Pal - but to the point being discussed on the other forum - I do put may payment address in the invoice text box.

Also, I wonder if verizons IP address for the air card are clean or get recycled frequently. Does any one else use an air card and live to tell about it?

Thanks for all your help.

koalawash 11-06-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 15129)
You need to explain better why paypal is bad:

*You can only do 3 disputes a year as opposed to unlimited with credit cards.

Wow, I didn't even know that one.