eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Linked account questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/16193-linked-account-questions.html)

soccerstar10 01-28-2010 04:47 PM

Linked account questions

I had a ebay account in Nov. and I sold 11 ps3 orders on ebay. I used that money to pay my supplier and ship the ps3's to the 11 buyers. My supplier never did and messed up my order. Got buyer complaints, couldnt pay fees ($645 + $900 resolution fees) so my account got suspened.

My supplier fixed the problem and sent to me ipods as a replacement in early jan. So I i made a new ebay/paypal account. Everything was going great... I made $1100 on my paypal account and it got limited. 5 days later amazingly it got back to normal....(had perfect feedback from buyers + invoice proof because me and the supplier fixed the problems) THAT SAME DAY I get a call from Ebay on my cell phone that i've never gave to ebay. I didnt know it was ebay and I answered. They wanted to confirm that I was the ebay user, and asked how is my business doing, etc. Half a hour later BAM restricted ebay accout. They somehow linked me after a month. They want me to pay my ebay fees on my suspened account ($1500 total) to get this account back. Will they give my new account back? OR will they suspend my account after I pay the fees for a excuse like.... too many buyer disputes (on the suspended account with the 11 ps3 order problem) Im really worried about that.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??? btw ebay has all my real info.

drgonzo2k2 01-28-2010 06:02 PM

Hey There, Soccerstar!

Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself, and your story is not all that different than mine, or most other folks' for that matter, when we first found the forum.

Unfortunately, since your eBay accounts were not "stealth" there are all sorts of ways that eBay or PayPal could have linked them. Chances are you probably provided that cell phone number to one of the two at some point back on your old account. That's okay, lots of us didn't know any better either when we started our first accounts, so did the same thing.

I think the first thing you need to do is some simple damage control:

1 - If you have access to any funds in any PayPal accounts, withdraw them now!! Otherwise you can kiss them goodbye.

2 - Determine what risk you face from eBay/PayPal. There are lots of threads on what happens when you don't pay your fees (use the forum search function to find them), but if PayPal or eBay have your real bank details, chances are they will try to withdraw some or all of the money you owe them at some point. You should close those accounts ASAP to keep your money! Chance are though, at some point if they have all your real details the money owed will go to a collection agency. How you choose to deal with it at that point is entirely up to you, but relax, you're probably not facing any criminal charges here (unless you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, etc).

3 - Login to both of your old eBay and PayPal accounts right away, and make sure you copy down all information you've used with them (name, address, credit cards, user IDs, passwords, bank account information, IP, etc.) so you can make sure you NEVER use any of that info again. Once you do that, forget about these accounts; they're dead to you, and you should never login to them again.

4 - Buy the eBay Stealth book from this forum and read, read, READ it! Once you think you know all there is to know, READ IT AGAIN. This book will show you how to properly setup your account to avoid this in the future. Consult the book first, and then if something seems unclear, or you still have questions, come back to the forum, and then SEARCH for your answer. If you still don't find it, THEN post a new topic asking for help. The folks here are great and keen to help, but they've answered the same questions over and over, so they REALLY appreciate you using the search function first.

Lastly, calm down and take a deep breath. I know (personally) how horrible all of this seems, but with a little hard work, you'll be back up and selling (the RIGHT way) very soon!

soccerstar10 01-28-2010 07:11 PM

My only problem is that I have no1 elses name to use. If I go with paypal and I use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name... how will I ever withdraw that money to my bank account or what if they ask for social or drivers license.

drgonzo2k2 01-29-2010 02:09 PM

You really need to start with eBay Stealth. Both of those topics are covered in it.

falken 02-10-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerstar10 (Post 122380)
My only problem is that I have no1 elses name to use. If I go with paypal and I use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name... how will I ever withdraw that money to my bank account or what if they ask for social or drivers license.

The guide will definatley explain how to do this. I bought another guide but the information will be the same. Spend the money on the guide, it's an investment.

And pay the paypal/ebay fees on your accounts people. OP, from what I understand you sold (via drop shipper) 11 PS3s that were never delivered, withdrew the paypal money and paid the supplier. So no money was in the paypal account now, the buyers paid for their PS3's that they never got. So they must have filed claims and gotten paid back by paypal. So paypal wants the money back that you left them responsible for, why not pay it back to them like you should? Most people got suspended for MC019 I'm sure of it, so you know the profit you make is amazing. Pay your debts, got a complaint about the product? go to best buy or wherever it is sold locally, buy a new one, send it out. You make so much, to absorb that hit is nothing. Keep the heat off you & you'll do fine. When you get greedy you end up with suspended accounts.

First Edition 02-10-2010 07:18 PM

I have plenty of accounts where I never pay the fees, but it was with stealth info of course.

There was something you did that caused the accounts to be linked.

falken 02-11-2010 09:09 AM

I'm just saying don't be such a downright theif. Ebay provides a service that you profit off of, you all obviously sell VERO items so the profit margins are very high, pay a little back to the hand that feeds you. It must be a pain in the ass to have to keep making stealth accounts instead of maintaining an account to build over time so you have no velocity limit problems and actually build trust with the venue. VERO can be sold very easily if you do it right and actually go BUY a replacement if you get called out on it

I have never had an account shut down (knock on wood) on either of the main venue's. It's so worth it to build an account.

Amazon - monthly revenue is aprox $12,000
Ebay - monthly revenue is aprox $4,000

I disburse money from Amazon every single day, none of this 30 to 90 day hold.
That's only two accounts, wouldn't you prefer to maintain one good account on each venue instead of constantly having to make new stealth accounts?

First Edition 02-11-2010 09:23 AM

Sure, and that was my original plan, to have an account in good standing. My first account was kicked, about 6 years ago, never told why, never sold vero, and I lost about 3000 dollars in inventory, and ebay tried to make me pay an 1800 dollar invoice. HAH! Who's the thief? Don't even get me started with paypal.....

Don't get me wrong, you just haven't been burned by them like the rest of have. I don't sell vero, much, and I didn't get into the game doing that. Don't assume all of us are theives just because we're forced to behave the way we behave. ebay asked for it, and I'm happy to give it to them.

I almost spit out my tea when I read "Ebay provides a service".

falken 02-11-2010 10:24 AM

I understand... As far as the service they provide.... It's simply the traffic. That's where their service ends. I tried the google adwords thing, it was a total waste of money, I got so many impressions, hardly any clicks, plus people go directly to ebay or amazon as opposed to google to search for things anyway, and when they do go to google, Amazon and ebay have so much revenue in there that they always dominate the top of the search results. It's so hard to get good traffic to your items if you're not on a good venue.