eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   MC021 FPA Notice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/17068-mc021-fpa-notice.html)

riversnew 03-09-2010 02:37 AM

MC021 FPA Notice

Quote:

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.
What is this about, my account was suspended today? I am appealing! What is MC021?

BeachBoy 03-14-2010 07:58 PM

You've done somthing man. Received any bad feedbak lately, disputes, etc. eBay is now picky then ever with sellers, they only want perfect sellers or they will kick you out.

riversnew 03-14-2010 08:39 PM

I had three recent refunds. One was fairly nasty and the buyer accused me of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ software, he pulled my info from ebay so he probably made a raucous at ebay and send me email telling me that he'll refuse delivery. I replied to the buyer and told him that if the item was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I too was a victim because the item was purchased on ebay. He got a fast refund and PayPal settled my dispute with original seller in only 3 days.

The other refund was to a buyer who told me that there was an issue with activation code on his Win 7 Pro, so like above I quickly refunded and got a refund from original ebay seller. Later, Microsoft confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the software.

The third refund was my fault because I could not fulfill the order, I got caught out of stock. But I made it up to the buyer. In all these cases I still managed to get positive feedback, but you must dig into these cases to follow up on what really happened.

But, I don't think this was it, although, it could serve as an excuse--it most likely was vero who nailed me for selling few Legal, but frowned upon licenses on another account. In retrospect this activity was for amusement only as I would buy some licenses on ebay and then resell them for 50% profit.

The final nail in the coffin could have been my activity on Trust & Safety ebay forum where I would regularly rant and bash them for gross incompetence as I was consistently pointing out auctions where scammers were selling pirated software with impunity. Even though that I did thru my posting id, I never bothered to conceal my IP.

oge 03-14-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riversnew (Post 128565)
I had three recent refunds. One was fairly nasty and the buyer accused me of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ software, he pulled my info from ebay so he probably made a raucous at ebay and send me email telling me that he'll refuse delivery. I replied to the buyer and told him that if the item was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I too was a victim because the item was purchased on ebay. He got a fast refund and PayPal settled my dispute with original seller in only 3 days.

The other refund was to a buyer who told me that there was an issue with activation code on his Win 7 Pro, so like above I quickly refunded and got a refund from original ebay seller. Later, Microsoft confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the software.

The third refund was my fault because I could not fulfill the order, I got caught out of stock. But I made it up to the buyer. In all these cases I still managed to get positive feedback, but you must dig into these cases to follow up on what really happened.

But, I don't think this was it, although, it could serve as an excuse--it most likely was vero who nailed me for selling few Legal, but frowned upon licenses on another account. In retrospect this activity was for amusement only as I would buy some licenses on ebay and then resell them for 50% profit.

The final nail in the coffin could have been my activity on Trust & Safety ebay forum where I would regularly rant and bash them for gross incompetence as I was consistently pointing out auctions where scammers were selling pirated software with impunity. Even though that I did thru my posting id, I never bothered to conceal my IP.

Yea it sounds like high risk all the way around. Was this a brand new account? Selling high risk items and doing alot of refunds is a big red flag. Partial refunds looks ok. Just put yourself in ebay/paypal shoes.

riversnew 03-15-2010 10:07 AM

Not really, May 2009. Selling software on ebay is way too risky for the seller. It only takes one scumbag to ruin your reputation and because it is also high value, some buyers will take advantage of ebay and PayPal resolution process which does not favor the seller.

Usually they go away if you give them Microsoft's phone number and advise them to call them to get help with activation issues.

We're also in the early stages of Chinese ⊗⊗⊗⊗ flood of Windows 7 on ebay, so I can see why ebay would not want any more software sellers. That's why I mostly sold used software, but ebay T&S is too stupid to figure this out.

bigmac 04-13-2010 03:31 PM

i received this today no reason why 31 positive feedback account from aug 09 no negs no refunds. Anyone know what its from?
thanks

FattyM 04-13-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac (Post 133060)
i received this today no reason why 31 positive feedback account from aug 09 no negs no refunds. Anyone know what its from?
thanks

You could contact them and ask why, but most of the time it is just easier to move on and open another stealth account.

riversnew 04-13-2010 07:29 PM

I never figured out MC021 suspension, but, I tend to think that it is given when one has too many policy violations. All of my 5 accounts went down; 3 accounts had previously received 30 days suspension and all 5 had MC019 takedowns. When the account was manually reviewed, the auditor likely noticed that.

I don't think that ebay linked all of my accounts until some time much later, after end of my suspensions in October 09 and probably never would, had I not requested account review when I was placed on 30 day selling restriction.

RimmingTon 05-09-2010 08:53 AM

Has anyone appealed a MC021 CIT successfully?

Vicvelcro 05-09-2010 09:18 AM

I helped a local person get re-instated for MC021. His account had been created with his genuine info but never had an item listed. I was at a restaurant and overheard him (easily). He was discussing with his girlfriend how stupid it was but he wasn't having luck getting it fixed.

I offered to help him out and told him a few nonspecific things, so he'd know I wasn't a dumb*ss.

Anyhow, after letting me review the details from creation of the account up to that day, I determined that they had suspected him of being persona no grata. He had a common name. Another person in our locale with the same name but different info had been suspended some time previously.

They never asked this guy to send ID or any documents. Just suspended and goodbye.

Took 2 days of phone calls and arguing with them. Sent some documents. 45 mins after documents sent, he was back in.

So, I have been under the impression that MC021 is a generic catch-all for anything that makes them suspicious but they don't want to deal with or even explain.

There was nothing to contradict my conjecture, so that's what stuck in my head.

Anyhow, we beat it.

RimmingTon 05-18-2010 07:09 AM

They don't seem to be interested when I email CS asking about how I can appeal.. :(

Vicvelcro 05-18-2010 07:14 AM

No, they wouldn't be interested. If they were interested in having you, they wouldn't have done what they did. If you want to bother trying to get it straight, you need to be pro-active and aggressive. I can't give you specific advice because each situation is at least slightly different. Small differences in cause can often mean significant differences in solution.