eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   My account suspended for 6 months due to BF's account violation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/17881-my-account-suspended-6-months-due-bfs-account-violation.html)

shopaholic 04-17-2010 05:23 PM

My account suspended for 6 months due to BF's account violation

I was a silver powerseller and have 100% feedback on ebay.
One fine day (last month) I was unable to start a new listing and I had this message saying my account has been restricted due to a policy violation. My account has been clear of violations and I called ebay customer support to ask about the violation I was never notified about.
They said that another account using the same computer as mine(My bf) had a violation on his account for leaving low feedback for some sellers. I explained to them that its not my account and I shouldn't be punished for his account violations.
They basically said that someone from trust and safety department put a note on my account saying that "no one should deal with any problem on my account except the person who placed the note". I've been on the phone for over 25 hrs in the last 1month to get this sorted out. Some representatives give me back my powerseller status and its gone by the next morning (I think the sticky note person takes it off).
I asked customer support to direct me to that person but no one does. They dont even give me the name of the person or the extension or email so I can get in touch to see why they are so particular about dealing with my account.
According to them, I wont have powerseller status for 6months. I already pay exorbitant ebay fee's. Actually Ebay fee's are more than the actual profits I make and loosing my powerseller status increases those fees by another 3% and less visibility on ebay search.
I dont know who to contact or how to deal with this. I dont want to give up on this. Please advice!

holyhell 04-17-2010 05:37 PM

You may get different advice from others, but I wouldn't waste my time with those idiots. Just create or buy a new account and start fresh, with no strikes or red flags.

shopaholic 04-17-2010 05:50 PM

@holyhell
Thank you for your advice.
I can start fresh but if anyone else using my computer gets a violation..no matter what...I'll be suspended again like I was last month. We have only one home computer and I dont see that changing anytime soon :-(

riversnew 04-17-2010 06:12 PM

Don't take it personally. It's typical ebay

If the only reason why you can make money is because of powerseller kickback, you should not be selling those items.

If your boyfriend buys item and there's a complaint about FB, ebay makes the address connection after investigating your BF because of negative feedback left. Was that for more than one item he left unhappy FB?

shopaholic 04-17-2010 07:46 PM

@riversnew
1) I didnt say that the only money I make is because of powerseller status. Powerseller status helps with visibility search and a little discount on insertion fees
2) I dont know if you even read my post, but no one left a neg feedback here. I dont have any known competitors.I make my own stuff.
3) He did not leave a negative feedback, He left a feedback with low rating or something for a bad experience he had.

GreenBean 04-17-2010 07:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!:yar:

Your BF's actions has tripped this.Two people using the same computer are perceived as ONE. It's a Catch22, you may well be innocent and can prove it but will ebay care? The lower ebay staff will. But the T&S who have the final say will not.

Couple of pointers to work to resolve this.
Create a user account for yourself to separate your ebay from the BF.
What system do you use?
Have you had any communication from T&S? There should be an email addie somewhere? Let me know this & we'll try something:spy:

shopaholic 04-17-2010 08:09 PM

Hi GreenBean,
Very true. I was willing to provide them any information they want to prove it but they just dont care.
Even if I create a new user account, we will still have the same IP...Im not sure how that'll work...?
We use Dell with windows OS
I've spoke to several T&S safety people but not the person who put a note on my account. Others werent willing to help me out because the person who put the note specifically wrote that my account should be only dealt by him/her. I have no clue why. But he/she never got back to me even though the T&S ppl said they emailed the person to get back to me asap several times.

holyhell 04-17-2010 09:31 PM

From what I've learned, you change the IP address for each user account on your computer. For me, this is where it got difficult. Because I'm not too sharp with this stuff.

But having different user accounts with different IPs, its almost like having multiple computers in your home.

Make sure each person using that computer knows whats going on as well.
Oops, and welcome to the forum:D

funcellbud 05-09-2012 03:48 PM

Any one ever get a suspension for 6 months and get it back?

rsot 05-09-2012 03:52 PM

Should have made a new post on this then unearth a BF-problematic post.

I have had 3 months and returned - 6 months, not personally.