eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Confirming id with MC010 warning..call block... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/17891-confirming-id-mc010-warning-call-block.html)

yoyoman 04-17-2010 10:27 PM

Confirming id with MC010 warning..call block...

I want to confirm my id in the morning- if i use *67 and call from phone will that raise suspicion w/ebay ? I heard thats all I have to do as long as I have all account info- is this true??

bmwsouthside 04-17-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyoman (Post 133804)
I want to confirm my id in the morning- if i use *67 and call from phone will that raise suspicion w/ebay ? I heard thats all I have to do as long as I have all account info- is this true??

I dont know about that. when I called them back the nice gentleman answered the phone and said hello mr****..and thats something I noticed it immediately.
he didnt even say hello yet. he knew it was me calling so im sure they are looking for the number you have on file. its very important to them so I try to use a phone that I have access to.

cardfelon 04-18-2010 12:29 AM

Trying to block your number can only make Ebay more suspicious of who you are. You want them to believe that you are the stealth name you made up. Think of it this way. If the account had real information on it and you had to give Ebay your phone number when you signed up then why would you block your number when you call them? Don't do anything that will raise any flags with them. Sure you may get past the verification on the phone but they could note that you called from a blocked number on your account.

yoyoman 04-18-2010 08:59 AM

I used a cell phone that I had never used with ebay before. They scared me with the first question. Its a stealth account so I only have so much info available. They asked what county had I previously resided. Its a multiple choice so I crossed my fingers and chose "none of the above" . I was correct - ;) then they asked what my current area code was - That question I had the answer ready and got it correct , also a "none of the above" - I made small talk and was nice to the guy etc. - Listing back online- Score!!!!

FattyM 04-18-2010 10:36 AM

Call blocking does not work to 800 or 888 numbers. Also, I think a business can request to disable call id block. Calling from a tracfone or disposable phone is your best bet.

Stream 04-18-2010 12:01 PM

I know how to make it where I can unblock a *67 caller. So I'm sure eBay dose to.

DON"T CALL EBAY WITH A BLOCK NUMBER!
You may think your number is block, But its not.

Killer Bee 04-22-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stream (Post 133876)
I know how to make it where I can unblock a *67 caller. So I'm sure eBay dose to.

DON"T CALL EBAY WITH A BLOCK NUMBER!
You may think your number is block, But its not.

too late i already did that and the girl didn't know who i was and why i was calling so i had to tell her. i then was asked some public record questions like what previous street address did i use to live on i chose none of the above on both questions and she said i passed and was going to restore my sellers account shortly. my account has been restored now i just checked. wow all this even after i have a confirmed and verified paypal account with a real bank account that i linked to this ebay account that is just over a month old 2-3 days ago. i also have a dead virtual phone number on there. i don't know how i passed that flag.

has anyone else got these public record questions?