eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Anyone get mc042 account reinstatements on a bunch of accounts today? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/17933-anyone-get-mc042-account-reinstatements-bunch-accounts-today.html)

aksjkas 04-19-2010 03:41 PM

Anyone get mc042 account reinstatements on a bunch of accounts today?

I was just checking on a PayPal transfer that was supposed to happen on one of my PayPal limited accounts and noticed I got MC042 *******, we've reinstated your account:

We're happy to let you know that we've reinstated your account. Your account should now be in good standing as long as you don't have any other suspensions.

Please note that although your account is now active, any listings or bids canceled by your account suspension won't be reinstated.

Thanks,

eBay

I just got these emails on about half of my accounts that have been suspended over the last year. Most of them have limited PayPals and owe a lot of money in fees so I'm not really sure what's going on with them.

Did anyone else get reinstated as well? I'm not sure how useful they are because of the limited PayPal accounts attached and the $1000 ebay bill I dont have any intention in paying. Maybe it's just a ploy to get me to pay?

EmptyPockets 04-19-2010 06:51 PM

I have the same on a couple accounts (which owe money to ebay/paypal)

Has to be a tactic to have us make contact with them in some way so they can get reimbursed. They do not play nice, so this has to be to their benefit.

I dunno though?

aksjkas 04-19-2010 07:37 PM

Did you just get the email today?

I logged into one and it was still suspended of course. Doubt if I paid the $550 that it would magically become unsuspended and then the paypal account is limited anyway so theyre basically worthless anyway.

think its just a ploy to get you to pay your fees.

telly55 04-19-2010 11:19 PM

I got the same email and when i check the account it is active.

dupedagain 04-20-2010 04:51 AM

Dammit..for just a short bit of time I had that feeling that seems great but then stabs you in the back...that would be called "hope"....i got the same MC 042 Notice from ebay informing me that my account was back in force...i didnt open it from my personal computer..went to kinkos...don't trust them at all..they are wiley little ferrets...sounds like a Ebay sting operation...like where they send letters to all the felons that have violated parole telling them they won a boat..and just have to go to Warehouse 30 by the lake on Tuesday to collect and the police wait for these Einsteins to show and haul them back to jail...

I owe them a barrel of cash too and just three days ago opened my 20th letter by mail from Ebay collections and cleaned out my spam folder where all their threatening notices to pay them or I WILL NO LONGER BE PART OF THE EBAY COMMUNITY...tried to think if that was really some sort of loss in my life and concluded i can go on just fine without THE COMMUNITY...

my theory is .the threats arent getting them paid so reverse the method and lure me back into their web seducing me with promises of verified accounts and 1 cent listings and free photo packages...and either squeeze more personal info out of me and get me to pay the bill and when paid kick me back to the curb...

i just don't trust someone when they are suddenly nice and warm and fuzzy to me when less than a week ago they were cleaning out their trunk to make room for my body when they dump it in the lake...makes no sense..

holyhell 04-20-2010 06:42 AM

Very well said. I'm willing to bet that you're 100% correct.

ebayround2 04-21-2010 07:02 PM

I have gotten these on a couple of my accounts as well. One of them was a former powerseller account that was suspended 2 years ago. I paid the $200 in fees and the account was reinstated within a COUPLE HOURS. Have been selling on it now for the past couple months with NO problems. I actually called ebay and they told me if I paid the money the account would be automatically reinstated and it actually was. I checked my e-mails on 2 other suspended accounts and they've sent the same e-mail. When I log into those accounts they are still suspended, but when I e-mail eBay they tell me the account will be back immediately after I pay the old balances ($125-250). I think eBay is giving people 2nd chances in order to put cash in their pockets. Now, I would definitely advise AGAINST paying off old balances if the paypal account you associated with the account was permanently limited...i'm sure you're wasting your time then. On a positive note though, if you have old accounts that were suspended 1-2 years ago...and your paypal was not permanently limited, you can get those accounts back EASILY by just paying the balances off...real talk...I couldn't believe it. May not work in all cases but has worked really great for me so far.

moneyhungry 04-22-2010 10:58 AM

Ebay asked me to online verify

i seen this somewhere n dont remember..im using a freinds old ebay account old roomate.. only have 2 fb. buts its like 3 yrs old..i remmeber the info..opened up changed email and im selling lightly.. (the first day i changed email I had to speak to online support and they cleared me since old email no longer worked)today ( 1 month later)i get from ebay we need you to verify some questions before u relist this item.... they asked questions about what cars have you owned etc... i answered right and now i could relist... am i ok or should i go easy? thanks