eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   rediculous request from ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1935-rediculous-request-ebay.html)

india 12-19-2007 12:46 AM

rediculous request from ebay

My account was banned, not sure why wasnt doing anything wrong, apparently associated with another account?????
anyway my daughter registered an account, shes at a different address. She listed some things on ebay, only 2nd hand playstation games and 2 clothes items.
Ebay suspended the account with the usual abuse thing etc. They hjave requested copies of various docs etc and also proof of ownership of items and receipts for them!!! the games are well old so she doesnt have receipts, the other items were bought from charity shops and she doesnt have the receipt!!
she has no passport or drivers license. Utility bills etc can be supplied with her full name and address on.

they now say they will accept a photo of her with the items to prove owner ship!!! isnt this just taking things a little too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koalawash 12-19-2007 01:25 AM

LOL how would they know it was really her in the photo?? Sounds like another one of Paypal's typical stall tactics to me. They like to see how far people will comply with their outrageous and arbitrary requests just for fun sometimes, when in reality they've already made the decision to keep your money for good. I know this sounds like I'm jumping to conclusion, but it's just the simple truth.

india 12-19-2007 03:56 AM

rediculous request

I thought that, how would they know it was her!!!!!! pathetic!!! i will tell em i can send photo of all the stuff together but am not sending a personal photo!!!!

for heavens sake they are like the bloody gestapo!!!!!!

I dont sell that much just a little pin money!! So no idea what their problem is with me!!

i cant buy now either, which is what i do more of!!!

i hate em!!!!!!

ebayhateluv 12-19-2007 04:50 AM

HI- on the other hand- since you cannot provide the paperwork, as most people do- was it that this is an alternate way to comply?
I.E. when i stopped giving paypal my supplier info last year- I ASKED THEM--can i send you a photo of the goods sitting in my trailer/warehouse--they said yes.. so, for me it was a help. You can always find a generic photo-copy/paste to the photo of the goods--IF YOU CANNOT find another way--just a suggestion...
--- SEE, sometimes, I think we're aLL getting crucified for those that really do advertise + do not ship.. Just a couple months ago- I had a pc i sold- it was shipped about 3 hours from me- same state. Then, i saw the same buyer- buying similar goods- this was a 1 week new buyer- all electronics stuff- so i called his phone-disconnected- then his address was a mail stop- so i felt a chargeback coming- called the Police in his district- was VERY surprised to find someone who actually cared- the cop/detective confiscated the pc for me- shipped it back to me- and told me it was a young boy- 18-20 buying stuff for someone in Indonesia-ready to reship to that person for a couple bucks... SO- what kind of scam was this? I do not know--I know I was lucky.
--SO, I think theres probably so much real FRaud out there- BUT, we're all paying the Blunt for it...
What would I do- if I were you?--- If I could not get a Util bill with that address/name- if all they want is a photo-- I'd find one-send with the mdse-see what happens- ALL they can say is no.. and you've lost nothing--BUT--dont give up--Theres ALWAYS a way to solve a Problem.... :))

imjustme 12-19-2007 08:47 AM

They will probably require the video tape you made the night when your daughter was conceived....

imsovip77 12-19-2007 11:44 AM

^LOL now thats funny!^:D

india 12-19-2007 12:14 PM

ebay

LOL yes re the video u r probably right!!! have to see if i can find it anywhere!!!!:)

Seriously tho i need to get back on ebay, so will send them this info along with the utility bills, but any other suggestions would be most welcome.
Please saomeone help this damsel in distress!!!:p

Im sure ebay should not be getting away with what they are doing!!! they seem to be completely self governed and make some stupid decisons!!! Im just a small time mum trying to raise a few pounds, not some fraudster. They wont tell me why i am suspended, thats what gets me!!!!! Yet we all know there are many powersellers on there who seems to get away with all and sundry!!!!!
They also are not protecting other customers because at the end of the day, I neednt have sent out items which had been paid for once they had deregistered me, as i had nothing to lose, most were paid by bank transfer or postal order. I did send them all out, because i am an honest seller, but do u think ebay give a toss!!!

HELP!!

sycore 12-19-2007 03:31 PM

They don't realize there lack of customer support and blanket suspensions cause them more harm. For me it was they would not list to my side of the story in an $200 item dispute nearly 10 years ago. Since then they have lost well over 5-10K on sellers fee and I screw with them every chance I get.

keceli 12-19-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savahaganda (Post 17996)
this is why I have declared war on ebay and paypal... I have a bunch accounts set up and aging to perfection... when i am done... I am going to hit up ebay for a big bill for there stupid auctions... then I have going to knock out paypal with a big bill that is going to swell into a negative balance. my advice to international buyers... buy stuff on ebay, when the items arrive. just dispute the charges, the odds are that any seller that does not live in you country, did not buy tracking on international shipments. in other words... they just set themselves up for giving you a free item, shipping included. this should bite paypal in the butt. I am out drive away paypals customer base in the long run

What you are doing will do no bad to PAyPal but those poor sellers, like me! I dont understand your mentality, encouraging people to fraud sellers, not PayPal..Am I missing something or are you too dumb to figure out that PayPal will take the money out of the sellers account..real ones of course..I just got a collection letter from PayPal for a stupid $20 dispute..which I eventually paid..but that shows that they will go the distance for even $20!?!

Dutch 12-19-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savahaganda (Post 17996)
this is why I have declared war on ebay and paypal... I have a bunch accounts set up and aging to perfection... when i am done... I am going to hit up ebay for a big bill for there stupid auctions... then I have going to knock out paypal with a big bill that is going to swell into a negative balance. my advice to international buyers... buy stuff on ebay, when the items arrive. just dispute the charges, the odds are that any seller that does not live in you country, did not buy tracking on international shipments. in other words... they just set themselves up for giving you a free item, shipping included. this should bite paypal in the butt. I am out drive away paypals customer base in the long run

Sounds like it would take up a lot of negative energy to defraud sellers through PayPal as you have revealed.

Where are you posting from? Prison? :D

This perfectly illustrates exactly what happens when sellers are victimized on eBay by dubious buyers. In my experience, presently being analyzed by the eBay, I developed a profile of the typical eBay abuser, detailing buyer abuses on eBay: the ones who bombard customer service and Trust & Safety by filing false claims, outrageous claims, some cases deliberately damage returned merchandise, and causing monetary harm and serious repercussions for the sellers. The ones who plot their crimes on chat boards.:cool:

Chris Hanson 12-19-2007 08:21 PM

Chat Boards?
LOL

Chris Hanson 12-19-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycore (Post 18028)
They don't realize there lack of customer support and blanket suspensions cause them more harm. For me it was they would not list to my side of the story in an $200 item dispute nearly 10 years ago. Since then they have lost well over 5-10K on sellers fee and I screw with them every chance I get.

Thats petty money, Ebay could care less. They get most of their money from Corps and long time power sellers. Their not hurting

koalawash 12-20-2007 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 18060)
Chat Boards?
LOL

How about "bulletin board services"? Yay for sounding like an old fogey. :p

koalawash 12-20-2007 02:42 AM

If Paypal sends you a collection letter like that, just tell them to fvck off. You are not legally bound at all to pay them for that kind of stuff, but they just count on people taking their word for it and getting scared into paying up anyway.

sycore 12-20-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 18061)
Thats petty money, Ebay could care less. They get most of their money from Corps and long time power sellers. Their not hurting

It is probably way more then the 5-10K, but i don't want sit down and actually calculate it out. Regardless of what the actual number is, $200 vs losing tens of thousands does not make good business sense, no matter how much money they make.

ebayhateluv 12-20-2007 11:19 AM

Yes, I agree with CHris- I was appalled when they gave me the boot with no complaints- I was paying Paypal over $1k/mo in fees, and ebay over $4k during nonpeak, up to $7k/month during peak times..it didnt matter,
BTW- did anyone see that Bargainland is gone?? Theyve set their own site up.. now with their what 27,000 items at a time- i know that had to hurt ebay- but maybe their like walmart- they dont care anymore-theyre the biggest...

Chris Hanson 12-20-2007 11:37 AM

Now that could hurt Ebay..lol What is their website?

ebayhateluv 12-20-2007 11:41 AM

i think its bargainland.net or .com--you google bargainland auctions, they show active on the bay but -0- items last 3-4 weeks..

ivegotinfo 12-20-2007 10:20 PM

Dutch 12-20-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savahaganda (Post 18087)
I am not posting from Prison... that is a good one though... besides that I hightly doubt that it is a crime to bust paypal's balls now and then with several disputes... my planning is that if they bust my balls, I will hit them in the long run. if I can not sell on their site and make legitimate money, I will make money through them in another way, by having their customers send my purchases over seas to my family, so they can sell it over seas. I just turn it right around, and get my money back from paypal, I am not defrauding my credit card company or bank..... Paypal is not a bank remember!!!!!!!!!!!

:) But how can you tell if the seller doesn't use tracking? Is it in their descriptions there is no tracking? I know in here in the U.S. every time I sent a package overseas it was sent with a customs declaration form with tracking USPS International. USPS integrated Domestic and International with tracking.

koalawash 12-20-2007 11:07 PM

It's because Paypal won't even accept any kind of tracking for items that aren't going to the USA, Canada, or the UK. If an item is being shipped to any other country at all, the seller has ZERO protection whatsoever.

sycore 12-21-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivegotinfo (Post 18137)

Man I have seen so many of these small auctions sites come and go. Someone should put them all together, and offer escrow service for protection. I may be wrong but didn't ebay offer some escrow service in the very beginning?