What is a TIN# and EIN#? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default What is a TIN# and EIN#?

I know when you register a business you get a sales permit and a federal taz Id from the board of equalization. I saw somewhere somebody saying that we should get a TIN# from IRS in case eBay asks for verification..can it be used instead of a SS#? and why would it matter?
confused..
also when can/should you get a EIN#? what is it for?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2008

Longevity: 94%

hmmmm ... I tried that a while back, and Paypal still asked me for my SS# ... please let us know if that ends up working where you do not have to use your SS#
Old 01-04-2008

Longevity: 96%

You are correct! they ask for ss on business accts also (learned the hard way). What I would like to know is how Sears Wallmart and others sell it would be real stupid for them to put all their marbles with one persons ss.
Old 01-05-2008

I was thinking the same thing - about what some of the larger corporations that accept Paypal do - most likely they are not putting their SS# up for the small beans they make off Paypal! :D

Well there is one advantage to getting and EIN and setting up a corporate account ... you do not have problems when getting the bank deposits into your account, if you bank does look for the names to match between Paypal and your bank account ...
Old 01-05-2008

Hello: Paypal Is Evil Say This Over And Over Again Until You Accept It. You Should Not Do Business With Them!

My Account Was Limited With Over $3500 In It--i Of Course Did A Quick Transfer Of This Amount To My Bank But Paypal Reversed Both Transfers And Locked My Account--paypal Is Evil-- Ok I Think I'm Getting It Now. Those Seem Like Harsh Words But If The Shoe Fits--we Are All Trying To Make A Living And Have Bills To Pay--paypal Didnt Earn This Money--you Did--you Were Paid For A Legitimate Good You Supplied To Your Customer (paypal Wasnt Paid For It You Were) --paypal Took Their Fee And The Remaining Money Belongs To You! Paypal Is Evil Why? Because They Just Stole Your Hard Earned Money. I Dont Care Who You Are-- A Member Of The Taliban Or George W Bush Himself You Have Been Violated Period! Are You Now Convinced That It Is Not Really Paypal But Just A Different Name Under The Guise Of The Rich Ebay Demon, And All Ratified Evil Dealings By Meg 'a Byte' My D@#k Whitman And Bill Up Her A$$ Cobb. Ok I Feel Better Now What Was The Question? Oh Yeah
The Only Saving Grace Is If You Are A Legit Company Otherwise Kiss Your Money Goodbye.
A Tax Id Is Registered With The State For Collecting Sales Taxes, An Eid Is Registered With The Irs -for Federal Taxes And Can Be Used As A Ss#. You Can Use Your Eid To Register Muliple Sole Propriatorships Or Establish An Llc--which Has Much More Privacy Protection Than A Dba. Your Tax Id/ein Is Protected Under Privacy Laws Of The State And Federal Govt---anyone Doing A Ping On It Should Only Produce Whether Or Not It Is A Valid Number In Current Use---they Are Required By Law Not Divulge Any Personal Information Whatsoever! Again Paypal Is Evil For Lieing To You About A Credit Check. These Numbers Just Substantiate You As A Real Business Entity!
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Federal tax ID

I just read the last entry on this thread and I am a bit confused. Is it a good thing to get an EIN or Federal Tax ID? Will it even postpone the inevitable SS# question? Also, do I need to apply for a state tax ID too? I live in Kansas and in the 4 years I have been selling online - I think that less than 6 sales have gone to Kansas residents. I have all the forms necessary to file for an EIN and I would never file a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name or address - but if I read the last posing right - this info is kept private. Any thoughts?
Old 10-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

I used a Federal Tax ID number on one account and its still up and has never asked for a SS#. From my deductions the reason it has not is I have actual business credit with that Tax ID#. I'm guessing its viewed more as a legit company than a guy working out of his house trying to avoid giving up his SS#
Old 10-07-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Federal Tax ID

Pardon my ignorance here but what do you mean by saying that you have "business credit" with your Tax ID? Does that mean that you have some sort of line of credit that you got with this number? eBay/PAYPAL doesn't ask about credit - so how would they know? Maybe I am missing something here.. Can you elaborate?