eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   listings removed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/211-listings-removed.html)

bauer24 04-09-2007 02:46 PM

listings removed

I am selling on ebay with a rating of 0 since I just got on. I tried selling a dvd set that i had. Completely legal. In the description i put how many discs the buyer would be getting and that's pretty much it. an hour later my listing has been removed. I would like to know why this is. I did not violate anything. There are several sellers selling the same item but of course the info isn't "word for word'' so how come theirs are not getting removed. Could it be that they are reporting me because I am competition. I use to sell these Items when I had a feedback of thirty a year ago. Any help would be great. thanks

ihatebay 04-09-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bauer24 (Post 1619)
I am selling on ebay with a rating of 0 since I just got on. I tried selling a dvd set that i had. Completely legal. In the description i put how many discs the buyer would be getting and that's pretty much it. an hour later my listing has been removed. I would like to know why this is. I did not violate anything. There are several sellers selling the same item but of course the info isn't "word for word'' so how come theirs are not getting removed. Could it be that they are reporting me because I am competition. I use to sell these Items when I had a feedback of thirty a year ago. Any help would be great. thanks

It's probably competition. I was selling some dresses that other sellers were selling. I took detailed photos over 10 and uploaded to photobucket. They not only copy my description and photos but they reported me and I was suspended.

The next time I made sure to watermark my pictures as well as disable right click.

bauer24 04-09-2007 03:59 PM

ok, Thanks. Is there any other way that you can prevent things like this from happening? You would think that ebay would look into these things to find out who put what pics or description first before just removing your listings.

Ihateebay, have you had any trouble lately after you watermarked your pics and disabled right click? It just seems like you have to do so much work to stay on ebay.

ebaykilla 04-09-2007 04:31 PM

the automated system got me the same way. change up your description...i think the stupid system cancels the auctions once a key word pops up.

xCIxMonk 04-09-2007 08:52 PM

I don't think you're being reported. I too have tried to list CD's that are perfectly legal only to have the account suspended. I think that this is an automated process and the system is going to suspend any new accounts that are trying to sell. I've tried to create almost 4 accounts, each time being suspended in an hour or so with my auction never making it into the searches. Weird.