Immediate Payment Required Options - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Immediate Payment Required Options

Hello.

Have followed all instructions, and everything has been fine. I searched the forums for a while, and can't seem to find this exact topic. Here goes:

I also do alot of buying as well as selling. Seems these days, all the best deals with 'buy it now' pricings, also have the 'immediate payment required' stipulation.

Is there anyway to navigate through this?

If I hit 'buy it now' and follow through with payment, I am assuming my accounts will be linked.

Is the solution starting a new Paypal account? If so, are there any instructions on how to successfully do this?

If needbe, I can start a new bank account, get a po box, etc.....but what other things do I need to keep in mind?

Thanks for all the help here. It's a shame we have to go through all of this for reasons that don't seem very valid. I can understand this kinda thing to keep crooked people off eBay, but I like so many others, am going through all this for b.s. reasons.

Just can't wait till someone does the whole auction thing better. IT WILL HAPPEN! IT"S INEVITABLE! But for now, the volume eBay offers just can't be competed with, unfortunately.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, it won't let me hit buy it now till I fill in my paypal info.....once I've done that, the auction is closed.....but not before payment has been made via Paypal. I am guessing this will link my accounts. Wondering if there's any way around it.....anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

I totally agree.....would do that too.....but here's the common scenario:

Item starts at $299.99
Buy it now is $425.00

No reserve.....

It's a steal at the $425.00, and won't last more than a few minutes.....when I email seller with proposal to pay with Paypal after using buy it now (if he agrees to remove the requirement).....the item is usually sold with buy it now by the time I hear back.

Same example.....I bid the minimum, email seller with proposal.....if he agrees, I retract my bid, and hit buy it now (again, provided he removes the requirement).....great idea and all, but by the time I hear back from the seller, it's usually already got 3 more bids on it.....so if I retract md bid, the buy it now is usually still gone, since next bidder takes precedence.....especially since these are almost always no reserve.

Lose out on alot of stuff this way.....appreciate your replies.

Any further ideas welcome.....

Any help sections anywhere that tell you how to start a new Paypal account? I am actually considering a move to clear this up.....think it will if I am in a new state, with a new address? Of course, I'd like to be up and running sooner, but if there's no other way, I am giving alot of consideration to the move.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 99%

If the information given by another member is accurate, you don't have to use a real name and SS# to link. But you might if you're purchasing. Either way if you want to actually receive the item, a real address would be necessary at some point. Now whether you can email the seller after the fact and work that out is anyone's guess. It might be worth it to try though, if one were willing to risk an account for the sake of finding out.
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Then you need to create a new PP account and link. I know it's a pain, but if it's worth it to you, do it. The INDIVIDUAL'S NAME on the account must be real and link to a social security number. You can make it a corporate account if you like, but the person's name must be real. Everything else is available.
I thought that I just read somewhere here that they only had to provide 2 of 3 requirements to get a PP account verified and were able to sidestep the SS# requirement.
Old 08-23-2007

I think what he meant was a real person tied to a real SS# which Paypal may ask for in the future when the account is limited.
Old 08-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think what he meant was a real person tied to a real SS# which Paypal may ask for in the future when the account is limited.
Just want to clarify cause I am still trying to learn all of the terminology.

You don't necessarily need the ss# to verify, but you will need a ss# in the event that account gets limited down the road?
Old 08-23-2007

It depends. Some have reported that Paypal asked them for the SS# right off the bat. This doesn't seem to be the norm though. You have a choice. FeeBayBalling has said that you don't need a real SS# but I think he's playing with fire. The idea is that you don't keep any money in the account so it doesn't matter if the account gets limited. But what happens if you're trying to send a payment or transfer a payment and Paypal decides to limit you right then? You're stuck, and unless someone has a way out of that one, I think the best policy is to have the SS# at the ready.
Old 08-23-2007

I guess if you go out of your way to prove who you aren't it makes it more difficult when you have to prove that you are the person.
Old 08-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
I guess if you go out of your way to prove who you aren't it makes it more difficult when you have to prove that you are the person.
actually that happened to me someone hacked my ebay account I put in false info the guy had to ask for my info I had to remember what I lied about only if they didnt ban the first time for no damn reason.