Help! Where did I go wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Help! Where did I go wrong?

Okay I'll try to be brief but here goes:

1. Mid-February got trading priveleges taken away at ebay (tho not suspended yet). 98% score

2. End of Feb saw the writing on the wall and opened new ebay account at Coffeehouse where I had only gone maybe 2-3 times before in the past couple of years. Big note though...didn't know about this forum so didn't clean cookies yada yada. Did nothing (including logging in) with new account between then and today

3. Formally got suspended last week on original account.

4. Followed the guide w/the exception of item #2 ... in other words took a chance and decided to log into my new account and post an item that I last sold 3 years ago (in a completely different category than my usual one). Thoroughly cleaned cookies/favorites/history beforehand, logged in at a new (for me) coffeehouse, made sure name was Joe Blow, used pre-paid Visa card, changed email address on paypal, chose to pay by credit card, etc.

5. I'm thinking if they were going to suspend my new account on the basis of the IP similarity they would have done so at the same time as my original acct last week.

6. Successfully listed item . One hour later, listing removed, new account suspended. :(

Additional notes: Though I changed my home IP, didn't log in with the new account there. Wanted to test the waters first in neutral terroritory, hence the coffeehouse, as it's been recently noted they've been going ape-crap on newbies. Well now I know.

WHERE DID I GO WRONG AND WHAT DO I DO NOW? Are we completely sure that paypal connection is not at play? I'm just about tired of this game and am considering just opening my own little place on the web.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Okay I'll try to be brief but here goes:

1. Mid-February got trading priveleges taken away at ebay (tho not suspended yet). 98% score

2. End of Feb saw the writing on the wall and opened new ebay account at Coffeehouse where I had only gone maybe 2-3 times before in the past couple of years. Big note though...didn't know about this forum so didn't clean cookies yada yada. Did nothing (including logging in) with new account between then and today

3. Formally got suspended last week on original account.

4. Followed the guide w/the exception of item #2 ... in other words took a chance and decided to log into my new account and post an item that I last sold 3 years ago (in a completely different category than my usual one). Thoroughly cleaned cookies/favorites/history beforehand, logged in at a new (for me) coffeehouse, made sure name was Joe Blow, used pre-paid Visa card, changed email address on paypal, chose to pay by credit card, etc.

5. I'm thinking if they were going to suspend my new account on the basis of the IP similarity they would have done so at the same time as my original acct last week.

6. Successfully listed item . One hour later, listing removed, new account suspended. :(

Additional notes: Though I changed my home IP, didn't log in with the new account there. Wanted to test the waters first in neutral terroritory, hence the coffeehouse, as it's been recently noted they've been going ape-crap on newbies. Well now I know.

WHERE DID I GO WRONG AND WHAT DO I DO NOW? Are we completely sure that paypal connection is not at play? I'm just about tired of this game and am considering just opening my own little place on the web.

For some reason Ebay is not letting anyone with a new account sell items?
Old 04-11-2007

I just read too that new accounts must accept paypal or have an merchant account.
Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
I just read too that new accounts must accept paypal or have an merchant account.
I provided a new paypal email address albeit same paypal account. Has anyone fished with their customer non-help chat folks as to why new sellers are getting railroaded? I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a stopgap measure with a major new hurdle process right around the bend.
Old 04-11-2007

Did you offer paypal on your listings?
Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Did you offer paypal on your listings?
Yes. It didn't give me an option not to as far as I could tell. I provided the new paypal email address. Did this "link" me?
Old 04-11-2007

if you link your old paypal to your new ebay account, yes your linked..
Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
if you link your old paypal to your new ebay account, yes your linked..
Okay in part 5 of the guide it says: ...Once verified the only thing you have to do on eBay's end is to add your paypal email address to your auctions and you're good to go. Do not select to link your eBay and Paypal accounts via 'eBay Seller Account'; this will cause your account to be suspended.

Maybe I did or maybe I didn't but I don't remember it giving me the option to link the two together. It just simply asked to put in a paypal email address. Am I missing something? Better yet, does anyone have a screenshot of the options at this stage?
Old 04-11-2007

Longevity: 98%

It has nothing to do with paypal. I too have found it impossible to sell with a newly registered name regardless of what you're selling. Yes they did implement some new rules about offering paypal or merchant account and regardless of which you choose you still get suspended as a newly registered member if you try to sell right away.

Had the same problems offering completely innocent throw away junk on there as have a few other members with newly registered accounts. I think they've got some new rule that new members can't sell. Implemented in the last 3-4 days as far as I can now tell. Perhaps someone can get online w/their live chat and ask them about this and when we can actually sell as newer members.
Old 04-11-2007

But the both of you is offering paypal right?

Because with the new rule, new sellers has to offer paypal or a merchant account..
Old 04-11-2007

the new seller policy is here!!!!!!!!!!!!eBay explained - Selling Basics
Old 04-11-2007

Pricing: A start price should aim to attract as many potential buyers as possible. Many sellers start their item low, (for example $0.99) and experience great results with a higher final sale price.

Payments: To keep eBay a safe place for both buyers and sellers, sellers who register after January 17, 2007 and want to sell internationally are required to offer PayPal as an accepted safe payment method for their items. eBay recommends PayPal, because it is a secure, fast, convenient and cost effective online payment method that allows you to accept all major credit cards, wire transfers, debit cards in one payment solution. You can also accept other forms of payment from your buyers (eg: Wire Transfer, Cash on Delivery).

Postage: Including all postage and packaging costs in the listing is highly recommended - buyers prefer to be aware of all costs prior to bidding.
Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
But the both of you is offering paypal right?

Because with the new rule, new sellers has to offer paypal or a merchant account..
I'm confused. Offering paypal by supplying the new email address is the problem? Is a merchant account a better option? What about having the sig. other open up a paypal account and use that?
Old 04-11-2007

you guys seem a bit confused...you only have to offer paypal if you're shipping internationally...otherwise you must offer a merchant account...take your pick but they want sellers to be able to pay via cc either way.

In the last 3-4 days a few of us have noticed that newly registered sellers get suspended within an hour or so of listing anything...whether it be a t-shirt...some socks...an old magazine...doesn't matter. Also doesn't matter if you offer paypal or a merchant account or both. They're not allowing newbies to sell. Not clear what the min. requirements are to sell at the moment thus it'd be great if someone wanted to deal w/their livechat people sounding like as much of a noobie as possible and find out when a new member can actually sell.
Old 04-11-2007

Well, I asked eBay live chat about this issue. The only thing they said to me was "You need to e-mail the correct department regarding this issue." Not much help from them at at this point.
Old 04-11-2007

figures...ci monk...pm me and we'll test some things out. I created a few accounts today and I'll try a few different things w/them but it'd be nice to not waste $20 on 10 different prepaid cards trying to figure this crap out...you try a few things and i'll try a few things and see what we get...anyways send the pm over and we can talk
Old 04-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
figures...ci monk...pm me and we'll test some things out. I created a few accounts today and I'll try a few different things w/them but it'd be nice to not waste $20 on 10 different prepaid cards trying to figure this crap out...you try a few things and i'll try a few things and see what we get...anyways send the pm over and we can talk
Man, what computer are you using to list products? Are you cleaning out cookies and using a new ip and diffrent information...?

you should wait about a week and do some browsing thru ebay auctions in the meantime..They do check your browsing habits..

I mean I don't blame ebay for suspending you for putting up an auction 1 mintue after you just registered..makes sense to me..
Old 04-11-2007

yes everything was fine up until 3 days ago...tehy also changed the interface on the main page then and started forcing us to offer paypal/merchant account at that time...

I re-register all the time b/c I refuse to let those jackasses get any fees outta me.
Old 04-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
yes everything was fine up until 3 days ago...tehy also changed the interface on the main page then and started forcing us to offer paypal/merchant account at that time...

I re-register all the time b/c I refuse to let those jackasses get any fees outta me.
lets us know when you figure out what the problem was..
Old 04-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

...They do check your browsing habits....
Actually, this is another question I have. Can they track you when you're not even logged into any active accounts? Not that I have but would love to see what my ex-competitors are doing? Of course, I could always just go to Kinko's or the library to check it out.

The CIA has nothing on these goons. Their business model, methinks, is ripe for an implosion. If there was just a formidable competitor...