a better understanding. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-20-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default a better understanding.

First I would like to say thank you to ebayhateluv, for always taking the time to share her research with the rest of us. Between her family and her business she always find the time to give us answers to the unknown.

The last few weeks I have been traveling a lot with my son. I have talked to many different people about ebay. By time I got home, my head was spinning.
I am starting this tread to get a better understanding of ebay. Maybe if we could understand them better we could win.

Think of it as one of ebayhateuv's research threads and share your story or something you heard or know.

This is mine. (a girlfriend of mine so I know it is true)

axed twice, first time non-payment and chagrback on pp account. (this is the same girl that didn't have fund in pp to cover the chargeback so they keep trying to take it out of her bank)
she opened a second account different computer same ip (at&t high speed cable.) didn't clear cookies. different paypal account in her husbands name.has this account for a year. this time she gets the ax for non seller. before this one closes, she opens a second, same computer aunts name and addy, same ip. didn't clear cookies, different bank info from v.banking. same pp account different email address She has been back on for four months. Her gross sales. between $50-100 a month. Yes a month very small time. I asked her myself if she cleared cookies change ip address so on. She had no idea how to do it so I know she didn't. ( very strange)
so does ebay let the little guy slide? I don't think so I was a "little guy"

second strange case.
This one I cannot verify because I don't know him personally I met him in a waiting room at a hospital.

He tells me he went through the whole thing, selling vero he was a power seller. He gets the ax. From then on he opens about five accounts, doing everything he should. new computer, dial up, new bank info, different names and addy on p.o. boxes. same paypal account with different email address. different browser pics the whole nine yards. all canned within six month. linked (so he doesn't pay his seller fee's)
opens two more accounts same thing does everything by the book. but opens new pp account that he did verify. Those accounts lasted one year.linked (didn't pay his seller fees)
he opens two more accounts, again does everything by the book,but now accepts payment through merchant account. starts selling something different. These two account lasted about four months. linked.

He then called ebay. Talked to a high up he said, He told them he will continue to open new account on ebay. Sell as long as he can and stick them for the fee's.Or he will pay the fee's on the first account and they can reinstate him. The do it. But he had a sellers limit for the first few months.
He has been back on now for six months.
tricky though because they could have just took him money.

So there you go. Sorry it was so long. Please share...

By the way then there is me? 609 feedback. (Never had one negative feedback) never had a non-payment strike. I did everything by the book. I bought and sold a little. To make a little extra spending money. I was axed for being linked to my girlfriends account. (yes the one that is still selling today.).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 96%

what exactly is point of this post???? are u asking something? are u trying to explain something??
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Well, if she is only selling a couple hundred dollars a month, she will be fine. The problems usually only come when selling on accounts less then 90 days or below certain feedbacks. Also, if they link you to an already suspended account, by ip address, cookies, similar sales items and title description of recently suspended accounts.