eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New user listings taken down for "verification" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/23549-new-user-listings-taken-down-verification.html)

DJMcLoren 10-08-2010 01:00 PM

New user listings taken down for "verification"

Hi. I'm a new eBay user, posted my first auctions about a week ago. Today I had 5 items up and one was in the final hours, probably about to sell because it was being watched. Then suddenly everything's gone and I got this message that I have to call to provide identity verification. So I did, answered a few questions, they guy said OK, now you can relist your items. OK, a little inconvenient, the info is all still there but I have to start over with the auctions, and so the one that was about to end has started over. I'll have to wait 5 more days. They said they do this with ALL new users. Is this the case?? I haven't read anyone else complaining about it so I'm wondering !! If they want me to call and verify my identity, couldn't they give me the chance to do so BEFORE taking down my listings? .... please let me know if this has happened to you. ----DJ :yar:

Lu pin 10-11-2010 06:56 AM

Mc010

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMcLoren (Post 172616)
Hi. I'm a new eBay user, posted my first auctions about a week ago. Today I had 5 items up and one was in the final hours, probably about to sell because it was being watched. Then suddenly everything's gone and I got this message that I have to call to provide identity verification. So I did, answered a few questions, they guy said OK, now you can relist your items. OK, a little inconvenient, the info is all still there but I have to start over with the auctions, and so the one that was about to end has started over. I'll have to wait 5 more days. They said they do this with ALL new users. Is this the case?? I haven't read anyone else complaining about it so I'm wondering !! If they want me to call and verify my identity, couldn't they give me the chance to do so BEFORE taking down my listings? .... please let me know if this has happened to you. ----DJ :yar:

Hi, me too. Could tell me what the process of this calling to ebay is? Thx.

DAILYHUNDRED 10-12-2010 01:24 PM

hmm how old was your account? I always list around 80 items on 30 day old accounts and havent got hit with anything. So far I have done this on 6 accounts in the past month and a half.

DJMcLoren 10-12-2010 02:58 PM

To Lu Pin: They probably sent you an email with a phone # and a PIN (ID#) to enter. Customer Service was very nice and helpful (and prompt). The phone # they gave me was 866-540-3229.

To DH: My account was about a week old. The Customer Service guy said they do this to all new users. Smells fishy to me - wouldn't I hear people hollering?!

Thanks to both for responding. -DJ

OfficialGenius 10-12-2010 03:12 PM

What type of questions did they ask you? And what were your answers? All of the above?

12patron 10-12-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAILYHUNDRED (Post 173504)
hmm how old was your account? I always list around 80 items on 30 day old accounts and havent got hit with anything. So far I have done this on 6 accounts in the past month and a half.

Can I ask to you, what you list? And what is average item price?

FandangoKango 10-12-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMcLoren (Post 172616)

yes, ebay does this to alot of people now especially if your new without even calling you just emails.

items can be removed for the following reasons on ebay:

1. vero items

2. what your selling is too hott meaning its very popular and there cutting off people with 0 feedback selling that hott item because they want to protect you which is total bs

3. the photo you provided is a stock photo and ebay wants you to put a photo of the item you have along with your user id on paper for proof to users

4. competition users are reporting you for wrong reasons just to get you off the radar

how do you avoid all this? just have multiple stealth accounts and be prepared for docs incase they ask

good luck!

gcrusader92 10-12-2010 07:37 PM

I have had this happen to me for a while now. Every eBay account I create gets "BAM!" suspended until I call. But I got them because I just created an account in like 1 hour and I would list an iPhone 4.

Lu pin 10-27-2010 02:52 PM

Mc010

Thank you.
My accounts are one month old. They have got MC010.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMcLoren (Post 173522)
To Lu Pin: They probably sent you an email with a phone # and a PIN (ID#) to enter. Customer Service was very nice and helpful (and prompt). The phone # they gave me was 866-540-3229.

To DH: My account was about a week old. The Customer Service guy said they do this to all new users. Smells fishy to me - wouldn't I hear people hollering?!

Thanks to both for responding. -DJ

chknlollypop101 10-27-2010 10:06 PM

Hi!

Just got hit with the verification process....just faxed in the docs...lets c what happens....

I agree they are doing this with all the new accounts...holiday season is coming

"BUYER PROTECTION"---even if it means there is 1 seller on the whole ebay...

This new CEO Donapuke---is driving this business off the cliff...

way to go...

Lu pin 10-28-2010 01:53 PM

Docs

Hi,
You talk about the docs. Could you tell me where to purchase on this forum? Thank you very much. I heard that PS docs are not useful. Because there is a tool which can analyze the infor of the pictures. Such as camera, PS or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 173573)
yes, ebay does this to alot of people now especially if your new without even calling you just emails.

items can be removed for the following reasons on ebay:

1. vero items

2. what your selling is too hott meaning its very popular and there cutting off people with 0 feedback selling that hott item because they want to protect you which is total bs

3. the photo you provided is a stock photo and ebay wants you to put a photo of the item you have along with your user id on paper for proof to users

4. competition users are reporting you for wrong reasons just to get you off the radar

how do you avoid all this? just have multiple stealth accounts and be prepared for docs incase they ask

good luck!