eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Listing items on new account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/23719-listing-items-new-account.html)

martita 10-13-2010 04:55 PM

Listing items on new account

I just read the Stealth book which is very helpful.

Can you give an idea what selling slow means if I list all generic items for a while? Lets say instead of Burberry I list all low budget brand type stuff for a while. Can I list 30 a week or so or will that draw attention to me?

Also, I started this new account with a PO Box before reading the guide. Do you think its a good idea to now change the address to my friend's address?

hpcpqcsco 10-13-2010 07:50 PM

You can list items on a brand new account with out suspended but I don't think you can list list 30 items first week. All my accounts were list same day as they are created but only can list 4-5 items (range from 50-90$ each)

Quote:

Originally Posted by martita (Post 173821)

Can you give an idea what selling slow means if I list all generic items for a while? Lets say instead of Burberry I list all low budget brand type stuff for a while. Can I list 30 a week or so or will that draw attention to me?

Also, I started this new account with a PO Box before reading the guide. Do you think its a good idea to now change the address to my friend's address?

JEM 10-13-2010 09:30 PM

the last time I created a new account - legit - was last summer, and listed about 1 item per day

that was with NO knowledge whatsoever of stealth, limits or anything!

only got the odd 21 day hold till fb, but no selling limits at all. So i would agree that 4-5 weekly maybe ok, but 30/week would be pushing it I would think, not worth the risk really

jamblix 10-14-2010 07:00 AM

Everyone has different experiences when they start to sell on a new account. Some can take many sales others will get taken down with the first item listed. It depends on what you're selling and how you're selling it.

I personally don't sell anything on a new account for at least three weeks. Then sell one item all the way through until it's been delivered and grow to five items, ten, etc.

rsot 10-14-2010 09:28 AM

New accounts are the risk to ebay. Aim for 1-2 a day, spaced out and wait for feedback before you go nuts.

martita 10-21-2010 07:57 PM

Thanks and question

Thanks for the replies.

I have another question. I'm still using my regular email account on my clean computer. Ebay sends me messages re my closed account on this email. By looking at those ebay emails (not logging in to the ebay account) does that leave cookies?

Thanks so much.

SaiJin 10-21-2010 08:07 PM

Ditch that email and grab a new one for your primary use. You are going to get emails from them all the time.
And why risk opening them? Don't tempt it. Walk away

Sandy D 10-21-2010 11:20 PM

1-2 item per day for a couple weeks.

Do not list them back to back.

Do not list 0.99 items and do not list expensive or items that will draw attention.

To get started head to a local thrift store and buy some cheap items, sell some of your household things you no longer use etc.

Mix it up and go slow until you can get some time under your belt.

It will pay off if you follow the simple things and go slow.

holymoly 10-22-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martita (Post 173821)

My work around is listing 1 Item PER Week UNDER 250 dollars. Keep that up and WAIT exactly 8 days, list again....all the while buying cheap feedback every 2 days or so...works well for me.