eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Crap! i think i linked my accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/24022-crap-i-think-i-linked-my-accounts.html)

sincitymma 10-21-2010 08:32 PM

Crap! i think i linked my accounts

So i bought the stealth book at the end of august. I made a brand new account in my sister in laws name with a new computer, new ip address, everything the stealth book said i did..

everything has been workign great..BUT Somehow lastnight when i logged into my seperate user account on my computer my internet connected with my router instead of my USB modem..I signed into ebay and realized i was on the wrong ip so i immediatly close everything down..

Here's the deal the ip address wasnt the one i was using with the suspended account but i did sign in to ebay once or twice after i was suspended with that ip address.

So since i only signed in once with each account will they close me down?
or must thier be more connections? the stealth book says ebay wont suspend you just because the ip, but am i screwed? i've had a sick feeling ever since it happen and i feel like such an idiot for maybe messing up my good thing.

Hope this makes sense basically i used cox cable for my suspended accounts..After i got suspended i got centurylink and a whole new ip address and company but i signed in to my suspended accounts a couple times with the new ip address. Now i use a USB modem from cricket for my new accounts but my damn computer picked up the centurylink modem last night..So far no emails, or suspensions but im scared ****less.

luna 10-22-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincitymma (Post 176007)
So i bought the stealth book at the end of august. I made a brand new account in my sister in laws name with a new computer, new ip address, everything the stealth book said i did..

obviously not because it says create different USER ACCOUNTS on computer

everything has been workign great..BUT Somehow lastnight when i logged into my seperate user account on my computer my internet connected with my router instead of my USB modem..I signed into ebay and realized i was on the wrong ip so i immediatly close everything down..

Here's the deal the ip address wasnt the one i was using with the suspended account but i did sign in to ebay once or twice after i was suspended with that ip address.

ebay links as far as I know any IP that logs in on their system, correct my guys if I am wrong.

So since i only signed in once with each account will they close me down?
or must thier be more connections? the stealth book says ebay wont suspend you just because the ip, but am i screwed? i've had a sick feeling ever since it happen and i feel like such an idiot for maybe messing up my good thing.

Hope this makes sense basically i used cox cable for my suspended accounts..After i got suspended i got centurylink and a whole new ip address and company but i signed in to my suspended accounts a couple times with the new ip address. Now i use a USB modem from cricket for my new accounts but my damn computer picked up the centurylink modem last night..So far no emails, or suspensions but im scared ****less.

I know the feeling. let it age for a while I think maybe nothing will happen. but yes get in the habbit to use user accounts (just learned that recently too!!!)

sincitymma 10-22-2010 02:42 PM

[
the stealth book says using a relative or friend is the best option. Also I would like to build this account up for several years, i dont sell vero items, i buy government surplus lots and sell them on ebay so i need a legit account..

sincitymma 10-22-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna (Post 176275)
I know the feeling. let it age for a while I think maybe nothing will happen. but yes get in the habbit to use user accounts (just learned that recently too!!!)

I did start a new user account, like i said i did everything the stealth book said.. i guess i should have said etc etc.. :)

everytime i log into the new user account it picks up the wifi and i have to manually disconnect..thats where i made the mistake.

pod 10-22-2010 03:45 PM

I use a similar setup with one IP fron net card and one ip from USB. Great for two IPs at once

How did you accidentally use the wrong IP? Is the netcard not disabled in the account that you use the USB?

This has me curious and cautious. And, yes, if you logged in a couple times with old banned IP you could be in trouble. You will have to wait it out.

sincitymma 10-22-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 176313)
I use a similar setup with one IP fron net card and one ip from USB. Great for two IPs at once

How did you accidentally use the wrong IP? Is the netcard not disabled in the account that you use the USB?

This has me curious and cautious. And, yes, if you logged in a couple times with old banned IP you could be in trouble. You will have to wait it out.

basically i have my home router which i dont use for anything on ebay now, its basically for my kids xbox and my wifes laptop..I have a usb modem for my computer that i use for ebay and my computer picked up the wireless internet instead of my usb modem.

I dont use them at the same time..Im actually not even sure if that old ip address is linked to my old suspended accounts and i know for sure ive never signed into paypal with it.

Another thing is my centurylink ip address location is the unlv university campus for some reason so if they did try to link the accounts im wondering if i could say i signed in on the schools wireless network, since there are no other similarities.

pod 10-22-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincitymma (Post 176345)

location is the unlv university campus for some reason so if they did try to link the accounts im wondering if i could say i signed in on the schools wireless network

Sounds like you are probably ok. Odds are that if that other connection is just for the house the IP is maybe safe anyway. You could change mac and dump that IP in case anyone else in the house may hit up ebay. Not sure on the family situation.

I would disable the wireless adapter when using the USB though. Just to avoid any accidents. I use a different boot OS for my eBay stuff and it never connects to wifi and the USB is only enabled on that setup. So it does help sleepy morning mistakes.

Simon1218 11-15-2010 04:13 AM

why does ebay keep suspended your account if you follow the rule and not selling any vero items?

sincitymma 11-16-2010 01:17 AM

Just an update for anyone else that wants to know what happened.. Its been almost a month and everythign is fine ive sold arounf 3500 worth of stuff and none of my accounts have been suspended..

Onlt one of my ebay accounts got suspended, I dont have any stealth accounts..I just bought the book to know everytihing i could to avoid getting suspended..Ebay suspended me for too many complaints. Long story short

Ebay started the new reimbursement service thru ebay. but it a had a clitched and when i would refund people thru paypal it woasnt linking it with my paypal so one day all 3 of my accounts get suspended for owing ebay reimbursement fees. they take everything off and email all buyers to get a refund.. it takes 2 or 3 days to fix the problem with ebay and prove that i already refunded every buyer but within that time 15-20 people had made claims against me, even though everyone ended up receiveing the items and i got the money back, they shut me down for having too many complaints nomatter how many times i explained it was ebays error...
So now i have moved on to using my sisters name who has no interest in ebay or selling online.. So it worked out just fine
Thanks

DazVader 11-17-2010 01:22 PM

So you used your sisters name on a new account? Did you use a different bank account, bank card, new paypal, new email aswell. Do you have to change every detail and abandon all your old information?

I am worried that if I change all this information but log on from the same office even using a diff computer they will still somehow know Ive logged onto a different (restricted) ebay account from the same location in the past? I have just changed ISP on Monday of this week and have logged into ebay a handful of times at my office on my laptop.

Can I even use the same laptop I've used for a year accessing a now restricted account from a different address or is that laptop sending some kind of evidence i.e cookies to ebay so no matter what location I am at I can not ever use the same PC?

Help

sincitymma 11-18-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DazVader (Post 182891)
So you used your sisters name on a new account? Did you use a different bank account, bank card, new paypal, new email aswell. Do you have to change every detail and abandon all your old information?

I am worried that if I change all this information but log on from the same office even using a diff computer they will still somehow know Ive logged onto a different (restricted) ebay account from the same location in the past? I have just changed ISP on Monday of this week and have logged into ebay a handful of times at my office on my laptop.

Can I even use the same laptop I've used for a year accessing a now restricted account from a different address or is that laptop sending some kind of evidence i.e cookies to ebay so no matter what location I am at I can not ever use the same PC?

Help

The stealth book answers all those questions and im glad i got it because iw ould have missed something and linked my accounts had i not bought it.. ill try to answer your questions as best as i can but still look into spending the $30

if your using the same computer simply make a new user on your computer that will mean no flash or cookies can be found by ebay linking your old account..

Get a new ip address your location doesnt matter im still in the same house

I used
my sisters name
sisters bank account
phone from walmart
new ip address
new user on my computer
new email
new debit card
new paypal in her name
make sure you take it slow for the first couple months after you make the new accounts
so far everything is working great on my 2 new accounts

mofetee 11-18-2010 04:02 AM

the stealth book says using a relative or friend is the best option.

Does it really? What happens when the account is suspended? Does the friend or family member get hounded by collection agency for unpaid fees or paypal disputes?

sincitymma 11-19-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofetee (Post 183189)
the stealth book says using a relative or friend is the best option.

Does it really? What happens when the account is suspended? Does the friend or family member get hounded by collection agency for unpaid fees or paypal disputes?

Well if you give them the SSN i guess they would come after them.. But using a friend or relative is really only a good option in my opinion if youre a legit seller..You dont want to hurt someones credit..

I sell government surplus and Mma memorabilia so i dont plan on being suspended or leaving a bill with ebay when im done.

pod 11-19-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincitymma (Post 183568)
i dont plan on being suspended or leaving a bill with ebay when im done.

Its important to remember you are only part of the deal. There is the buyer too. And they are not always great folks

Pretty easy for a couple buyers to leave you on the hook for the money for the items they get free. Way too easy

So a couple high priced deals that go south and account can be in the red pretty quick. It happens all too often sadly

Its a mistake thinking if you "keep your nose clean" nothing can go wrong...

holymoly 11-19-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincitymma (Post 176007)
So far no emails, or suspensions but im scared ****less.

You will get over this in time...I look at suspensions as a "what did I do wrong" scenario and disect how to make them better...(you just brush it off)