I got suspended by ebay because of bad feedback and low dsrs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Unhappy I got suspended by ebay because of bad feedback and low dsrs

MC021 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - dindio31
On this saturday i was solving some ebay cases and i received this message

Hello ***** (****@***.net

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, after reviewing your appeal, we're confident that this activity poses no risk to the Community, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/s...-accounts.html

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

I sent them an email regarding the reason for my ebay and they answered my ebay account got shut down because of my lower dsrs and 29 negative and neutral feedbacks, customers complaints of items not received and items not as described as well as my paypal limited account.
The worst part of this is i'm permanently suspended and i'm having more cases by customers, and i'm unable to answer them

I feel ebay slapped me in the face. I have almost three years selling articles on www.ebay.com i have been very responsible to my customers, and i'm consider unfair suspending me because of lower ratings when i tried to solve cases to my customers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

29 Negatives and Neutrals in the span of how long and how many positives?

Because 29 negs is a lot!!
Old 10-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Obviously, something is wrong here with the way you are conducting business.

It is impossible to give a more solid answer without specifics, but look at it this way.

If ONE person has a problem with you, it could be THEIR problem. If 100 people have a problem with you, then you must consider the possibility that you are the problem...

Going stealth can help you, but if you continue to do what you are doing, the new accounts will be shut down as well.

Ask yourself what the complaints are about... Is it shipping time? Communication? Item quality? Then figure out what you can do to stop these problems from recurring. Once you do that, you will be on more solid ground.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
BlackberryGuy (10-28-2010)
Old 10-28-2010
Threadstarter  

16 neutrals and 13 negatives and 993 positives a total of 1395 i was a power seller
until a negative complaint more frustated my reputation
I have been a good customer, inclusive when i had a paypal account limited (because buying the third one) i had a top rated seller, just because i sold to USA only but once i got the new third one and i started selling worldwide the things got from bad to worse until my both paypal and ebay accounts got shut down
If i weren't selling worldwide, i would have been yet a top rated seller
Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

LOL I'm sorry but was there a question? You are preaching to the choir. Your record is quite pathetic and inexcusable if I may be blunt here.

I have been selling on ebay since 2004. You know how many negs I've had? 3. including 1 competitor who wanted me gone. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I hope it's not sympathy. People would kill for an account where all they had to do was treat customers right, deliver and collect funds. You blew it.
The Following User Says Thank You to IDK For This Useful Post:
Lyda (10-28-2010)
Old 10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
LOL I'm sorry but was there a question? You are preaching to the choir. Your record is quite pathetic and inexcusable if I may be blunt here.

I have been selling on ebay since 2004. You know how many negs I've had? 3. including 1 competitor who wanted me gone. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I hope it's not sympathy. People would kill for an account where all they had to do was treat customers right, deliver and collect funds. You blew it.
Can I get an AMEN brotha?!!
Old 10-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

OK... Now things are becoming more clear. And you just provided the solution to your own problem.

Start over with a new stealth account. Use it to do what you were doing before (except that you must now apply the stealth rules), shipping to the USA only. You can build that part of your business back up. It sounds like you were doing just fine with that.

If you want to try international sales again, start a SECOND stealth account. Keep it completely separate from the first stealth account. That way, if there are problems, you still have the USA part of your business.

International selling brings a whole new set of challenges to selling online. Not everybody gets it right the first time.

Shipping times can be an issue. You are used to dealing with the US Postal Service. For all it's flaws, it is a pretty decent outfit. Sure, they screw up on occasion, but most mail and packages get delivered undamaged and on time. Once your package leaves that system, who knows what can happen? Some postal services in other countries are very good, and some are not so good.

Then, there are customs regulations. Each country has their own rules as to what is and is not acceptable. Some rules apply to almost every country, like don't import counterfeit merchandise. But some countries also take a dim view of certain movies and books they deem to be controversial, for whatever their reasons are. And even if 100% allowed, clearance times can vary - even when shipping identical items to the same country.

Then, there may be language differences. And differences in the way items are made and used. For example, DVD's have region codes and may work in one country, but not in another one. Electrical outlets can be different. There are lots of things to consider, and it is easy to overlook something.

So go stealth on the USA sales and use a separate account for international. At least until you have everything down to a science.

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I go postal at one neutral.

This happened because you made big errors with your business.

Forget shipping internationally until such time as an account is in good standing.

First hint of trouble, resolve it.

Going on the same way will just see more accounts lost.
Old 10-28-2010

Good idea to think about why were those negatives and neutrals and what was in common that caused them? Than, when you know that, just fix it before listing an item and it is very likely that you will be ok.
But if you go stealth, which appears you will have to do now, it is even more important to work for months so accounts stay on. Don't be greedy and start rushing things..just build them up according to Stealth Book. Also look around forum, there is some great advice there too. Good luck!
Old 11-06-2010

Longevity: 78%

My suggestion, if I may........When I used first class mail for International mail (cheapest) I had a LOT of problems. Customs are more likely to hold up a first class mail parcel (go figure) rather than a Priority Mail package with tracking! Tracking is more expensive but, I have found none of my International customers complained as long as they knew the charges up front and new delivery could be tracked & guaranteed. UPS to Canada is actually cheaper than USPS by the way.........