Did I get lucky or is Ebay playing cruel games? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Did I get lucky or is Ebay playing cruel games?

Hi all,

I have a bit confusing situation here and any input would be greatly appreciated. Here is the scenario.

1. I created a total stealth a/c and started listing small value vero items almost straightaway.

2. The 8-9 listings sold out almost immediately.

3. One of my buyers who did a BIN and paid instantly via paypal also lodged a paypal dispute for Item not received almost immediately after as well.

4. Confused, I nicely approach the buyer. Buyer thankfully is some lady nice enough to tell me that she got an email after paying from ebay loss prevention (hah), a MC015 I believe, and advised her to do everything to get her money back since I am a dodgy seller (ok, dodgy for selling vero, but wouldn't ever not send a buyer smthing they purchased, trying to money here for god's sake) I tell her I will express register post item and if she receives and if happy she should close the dispute. She was the only buyer who got this

5. I let the a/c go cold. Obviously ebay's watching me now. I also get a paypal ID verification request 2-3 after this as per Aussie Anti-Money Laundering, as expected.

5. 5 days after opening dispute, buyer closes disputes and sends a lovely email enthusing about the item she got.

6. I send in requested info about 3 weeks after it was requested. They ask for more photo ID since the first one was too dark to read they claim. I comply again.

7. Two days later, which is today, I got an email form paypal saying a/c is re-instated!!

Now, I am just confused as to where I stand with ebay. Ofcourse no where safe, but why re-instate my a/c? Not that I'm complaining. But after sending MC015 to my buyer, I honestly had like 5% hope for this. I haven't used the a/c ever since the lady opened the dispute, and dont intend to for a long time provided it is still there. I never tried to withdraw any money either. A/c's almost two months old, and has some 8 hundred-ish in there.

Will I get an email of suspension tomorrow? Is this some cruel sadistic trick ebay is playing to let me think I am safe just before axeing me forever? I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone had a similar expirence and what happened later on??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You lifted your suspension with ID so your ok right now. Keep sales light and go with the original plan. You're in clear for now.
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

With an a/c limit removal...you are completely off eBays spot light.

Imagine you are in a line up and the SPOT LIGHT comes on you in the line. You prove you are who you say you are...then they keep moving down the line...

You won't have to worry about it again FOR A WHILE! Unless you do something to link the a/c.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
With an a/c limit removal...you are completely off eBays spot light.

Imagine you are in a line up and the SPOT LIGHT comes on you in the line. You prove you are who you say you are...then they keep moving down the line...

You won't have to worry about it again FOR A WHILE! Unless you do something to link the a/c.
I agree, but also would add that this does NOT mean the account will never go down. It is not invincible. A few VERO violations will take it down. So, I would watch how many I sold on the account in question.

Unfortunately, it does not matter that your items are real. eBay has no way of knowing for sure if they are real or phake, but if they SUSPECT you are selling phakes, they can close the account.
Old 12-14-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Now go an open several accounts and repeat over and over again.

Work slowly on others accounts and rotate them around.

Have working backups sitting there for you to use just in case.