eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Humble buyer suspended w/o cause?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/26686-humble-buyer-suspended-w-o-cause.html)

gogo 01-04-2011 03:30 PM

Humble buyer suspended w/o cause??

It's bothering me that no one would explain why I was suspended, neither on the phone to CR rep "Mark", nor via the email response I recieved from "Morgan". I've NEVER been a seller. I've probably made less than 8 purchases in the last 6 yrs. all promptly paid thru Paypal, sometimes left favorable feedback (even when I wasn't truly satisfied) and never filed a claim or asked for a refund so I'm miffed as to the "threat" I somehow became to the safety of the ebay community...anybody know why?

ps... I have absolutely NO INTEREST in getting on with a new acct...I just want answers!

rsot 01-04-2011 05:10 PM

Now, if what you are saying is all true (my assumption) and you have never done any sales (also an assumption), I think that the most logical explanation would be that your IP has been used many times to access eb ay and your account is on the list as auto-block. This has happened before but, again, very rarely.

No chargebacks or claims or shill bidding? Then very odd - I stand by my last explanation.

gogo 01-05-2011 11:18 AM

don't know what "shill" bidding is.... I can only think of a couple of things: a few times i was "harassed" (as in numerous emails asking me) to leave feedback but thought doing so was my choice so i ignored them...also, after losing my wallet w/ my visa debit card and replacing it, i failed to update the new # with paypal (who hasn't restricted or limited me in any way). that's all i can think of...thanks for your attention anyhoo!

kangaroosir 01-05-2011 11:22 PM

i am using vpn always , i got suspension . perhaps i hook up with vpn smiliar to yours

rsot 01-06-2011 10:46 AM

Hey there gogo,

I understand your predicament - sadly eb ay and pa yp al are weird systems that can do as they wish. I am guessing you IP address has been on their system as a threat for the community - not your fault =(

oompaloompa 01-06-2011 11:47 AM

I dont think this makes sense, someone may have registered your in your details, and then got banned, linking you with them.

You will need to paste the main part of the email you got, for us to decide.

asosdressme 01-06-2011 04:39 PM

My suspension

I was suspended as a buyer a month ago, I was asked to send proof of name address etc., which I did and I was told I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours. And that they'd resolve my issues in 3-5 days. Since then, I wasn't contacted at all by anyone, earned an unpayment strike since I couldn't pay for anything, and still noone's contacted me so far. I've been on several chat sessions, each time the rep promising me she'd send my case to someone and I'd be contacted in 24-48 hours, and every time the same thing happens. Noone contacts me. I spoke with a rep on the phone, told me the same thing, again, no result. And I don't even know why I was suspended. I sent them scanned copies of my ID, passport, ulitily bill, everything they asked. I was never a seller. Does anyone have advice for me?

oompaloompa 01-07-2011 05:36 AM

cant advise, this is just such crappy service from them.

OP, no point saying you dont want to start new account, you want to use ebay, so why should they stop you, take that choice away from them, need to start another non linked account, whilst you await their decision.

maybe someone shared your cookies, family member, at work??

slapped 01-07-2011 08:40 AM

Im Sorry to hear about your Plight,,,,,,,Assumming all the information you Posted is Accurate and Complete, The Only thing I can think of is that your Buyers account was linked to a Suspended account,,,
Do Not Kid yourself into thinking thats Impossible,,,I Know MANY People who create Stealth Accounts Based on Information "Around" a Real Persons White Pages listed Name/Address,,,

This in NOT as Rare as you Might think,,,Nor is a Family Member or Close Friend having an Ebay Account with your Information on it Without your Knowledge/Consent,,,,Hell we forum Members Here Guilty of that,,,

One of the very FEW Statistics about Ebay that I Have Never been able to find out is how many accounts Ebay suspends every year,,,Im Quite sure the Number is STAGGERING,,,,

BELIEVE me the Creation of stealth accounts is NOT Only limited to Members of this Forum,,,,,

All Im Saying is NOT to Discount anything I Posed as a Possible Reason,,,Because it IS Possible,,,

gogo 01-07-2011 09:20 AM

While attempting to copy & paste the actual message I rec'd from them I realized something for the 1st time: on 12/30/10 I got a strange "bid cancellation notice" for a buy-it-now item I "won" way back on 11/7. Not sure why it popped up 6 wks later, as I had already paid for it (via Paypal) & recieved the item (it was comp. hardware my son needed) I didn't really think about it until yesterday when I was getting my facts together to post here. The suspension notice came next...didn't realize it then, they were sent literally ONE MINUTE apart (the bid cancel. was first) not sure what to make of any of it, but like I said, I can happily live the rest of my life without ever again buying sight-unseen merchandise of sometimes questionalbe quality from perfect strangers over the internet.

thanks for you input!

slapped 01-07-2011 12:45 PM

Ahhhhhhh,,,,The Plot thickens,,,,,,,

Did you talk to an Ebay Rep about this Mysterous "Bid Cancellation Notice",,,,

What did they say???

Was your account Linked to a Bunch of Cancelled Bids on a Bunch of Items???

Have you Yourself cancelled Bids on items??

asosdressme 01-08-2011 05:09 AM

I get that the Stealth option works for sellers. However, I can't get a credit card that's not in my name, I can have it delivered to a P.O. Box, but that still doesn't cover the name issue :)

oompaloompa 01-09-2011 05:52 AM

just the door number and zip need to match if avs is used

gogo 01-09-2011 04:10 PM

MYSTERY SOLVED!! Okay, here's the deal quick & simple...seems my son, a seller, was having some dispute with ebay re: rule violations & was suspended days before i was (he lives 200 miles away) Visited him & over the weekend & learned of his problems. I guess they linked us from his original acct. from many yrs ago (which listed my home address). They even suspended his wife's acct. as well. Looks like my baby boy may be next (he still lives with me)...oh, well...guess they can do whatever they want. I think I'll cancel my Paypal acct (which I used 10 times more than the ebay one) in protest. Thanks for your time folks!

lucrative 01-09-2011 04:56 PM

Unfortunately this is all to common, i feel sorry for you.

What are the terms of your sons violation? was it just a temp suspension? if so then there may be hope for you.

However its likely that in ebays wisdom they will see you using your account as your son breaching his suspension.