eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Seperating eBay and Paypal accounts. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/28150-seperating-ebay-paypal-accounts.html)

tvr321 02-11-2011 04:46 PM

Seperating eBay and Paypal accounts.

Hi,

first post here.

I expect I am in the position all of you have been in. Coasting along, happily making some nice money on eBay, perfectly legally. Them BAM, all of a sudden, account is restricted, I provide the requested documents, then I get a kick in the balls along the lines of "We have deemed your activities to be high risk, and would like to begin parting ways... blah blah blah..." Up to this point I had 100% positive feedback on eBay with over 300 evaluations.

So basically my setup is this:
- My Dad has a business related eBay and Paypal account. He is using his business's details and the registered address is in the UK.
- I have my own personal eBay and Paypal account. I am using my own personal details and my address in France.

Here is my history with Paypal:
- I created my eBay and Paypal account before I was 18, to sell my bits and bobs, no harm done.
- A month before my 18th birthday, Paypal requested proof of identity etc.
- This is where the **** started. They saw that I wasn't 18 and limited the account.
- A few days later I receive another restriction: "We have noticed some unusual activity on your account..." That kind of BS...
- Around the same time, my Dad's account is also restricted
- I figure it's best to wait a couple of weeks until my 18th and then sort it out with them then.
- I phone them up and they tell me that my account has been permanently disabled and that I can't create another... Basically that I can never use Paypal again.
- I phone up Paypal the next day to try and get my Dad's account back but they tell me the same. I feel really bad about this, and is some way responsible, even though there was nothing wrong with my Dad's account in the first place. Because he is basically ****ed and can never use eBay again either... And his account was absolutely as squeaky clean as could be.

And these events led me here....

I would just like to make it clear that I have never done anything wrong on eBay. I have never had any negative feedback, or sold anything dodgy etc etc.

Please, is there any way I can appeal to Paypal, at least to get my Dad's account reinstated? Or at least seperate my Paypal and eBay account so that I can at least use eBay...

veggiegymrat 02-11-2011 11:16 PM

There's no way you can appeal. Get the stealth book and start over, you'll be fine!

tvr321 02-13-2011 03:03 PM

OK, and about this stealth method.

Would it be relatively easy for me to set up, being 18 years old, a student, and living with my parents?

FandangoKango 02-13-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvr321 (Post 204729)
OK, and about this stealth method.

Would it be relatively easy for me to set up, being 18 years old, a student, and living with my parents?

Yes, it is easy. Get the stealth book.

Stream 02-13-2011 06:41 PM

don't tell them your real age, you can get back and running if you read the stealth book. If you have any problems just come back to the forums and let us know.

Stream

tvr321 02-14-2011 11:35 AM

Thanks for your replys, I just have a few questions:

First off all, please could you clarify what an LLC is?
From what I understand like declaring your business/starting a business? Would I not need to use my name to do this?
I live in France, how would the process that I need to undertake differ from the book's instructions, which I assume are designed for Americans.
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm still only 18 and whilst I was earning on eBay, I was not an adult, so I never worried about tax or declaring my business.

I mainly just want to get my personal account back, it's amazing how you can take something like Paypal and eBay for granted, and then you only realise how dependent you are on it when it's gone.
As I don't want a business eBay account, would it be possible for me to just use a relative's name (not the same surname, and with their consent of course) to create my stealth account?

I have a dynamic IP, does this mean that I still need a new router? If yes, could I get one that is the same make and model? It's just that my ISP (Orange) uses proprietary routers.

The guide says that "You will even learn ways to get your old accounts reinstated! Depending on your suspension, you can actually get some if not all of your old eBay & PayPal accounts back!"
I didn't find anything in the guide that would maybe allow me to get my old account back, did I just miss it?

Thanks very much.

rsot 02-14-2011 12:53 PM

When Pa yp al says that your account is denied, you are done =( Nothing much can help you unless you want to e-mail every exec at pa yp al - worth a try but I would not count on it. Sorry to say what the truth is.

All the best.

tvr321 02-14-2011 01:25 PM

okay, so I definitely can't get my old account back.

Could you answer my other questions about opening a stealth account then?

Thanks

rsot 02-14-2011 02:22 PM

About the LLC, not much I can comment on it. As for you having Dynamic Ip, that's good you don't need a new router - just turn off modem and wait a bit for new IP. New user accounts on Windows will be good.

As for your old account, has pa yp al asked for documents?

tvr321 02-14-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 204980)
About the LLC, not much I can comment on it. As for you having Dynamic Ip, that's good you don't need a new router - just turn off modem and wait a bit for new IP. New user accounts on Windows will be good.

As for your old account, has pa yp al asked for documents?

Yes, they did. They asked for ID, proof of address, proof of shipping for things I sold, and invoices from suppliers etc.

Yet everytime I phone them up to ask them how I can send them the docs, they access my account and tell me that it is permanently restricted.

rsot 02-14-2011 04:20 PM

Have you sent any of the stuff? Though I would not waste my time, if you haven't tried - you might as well - only chance you might have - unless have they WRITTEN you are permanently limited with no chance of appeal?

tvr321 02-14-2011 04:28 PM

On my Paypal's account home screen;

"This limitation cannot be appealed"

So I guess it's a stealth account, then.

So can I use a relative's name instead of going via the LLC route that I don't really understand...

holymoly 02-14-2011 05:14 PM

Yeah...and lemme tell you an LLC will cost around 230+ USD to create!

Plus yearly fees!!!

Stigger 02-14-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvr321 (Post 205015)
On my Paypal's account home screen;

"This limitation cannot be appealed"

So I guess it's a stealth account, then.

So can I use a relative's name instead of going via the LLC route that I don't really understand...

You are better to get ebay stealth as most of the basic questions are answered in there, it would save you allot of time.

tvr321 02-15-2011 03:31 AM

I have already got it, my questions refer to some of it's content that I do not fully understand...

rsot 02-15-2011 11:30 AM

Limitation cannot be appealled - ah sorry to say that that account is done =(

Again, I don't know about LLC but creating stealth account is very simple - best way to go - create multiple and spread out sales - it's a pain, yes, but some $ is better than none.