eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   MC115 Notice - Letter of Spirit of Our Policies (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/28367-mc115-notice-letter-spirit-our-policies.html)

schaffer84 02-18-2011 02:57 PM

MC115 Notice - Letter of Spirit of Our Policies

Hey everyone,

I know that there are a few threads in regards to this issue, however I'm still unclear of why this happened. Here's what happened:

I created a new st ealth e b ay account. I set-up e b ay automatic payments with my En tro pay virtual visa card with no problems. Then, I created a st ealth P ay P al account with the same info as my e b ay account. After I created both accounts I tried listing. Not sure if it matters, but my listing was for a 1 day auction and I tried (which I never do) listing it as 'Private.'

After submitting the listing through au cti va I realized it was denied (not posted) by e b ay because I didn't link my P ay P al account. I then tried linking my p ay p al account but realized I couldn't successfully do this because it wasn't 'verified.' It wasn't verified because I didn't input a bank account #, just the Virtual Visa. However, I tried linking it anyways and noticed in e b ay that it said my account was linked. So, I tried listing again and still no luck. I believe I tried posting the item to e b ay about 3 times.

The next day, I received the MC115 Notice stating, "your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies."

I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong? I made a new username on my computer, changed my IP, etc, but this still happened. Any ideas?

cardfelon 02-18-2011 04:49 PM

One of the problems may be that you attempted to list a 1 day auction with being a private listing for your very first auction. That seems kinda fishy to Ebay as the normal everyday average joe selling on Ebay would not attempt to list a item in such fashion the first time ever selling something. Also it depends on the item you were attempting to sell. It may have fallen into the high risk category.

kris 02-19-2011 03:51 AM

I've said this in those other threads, and I will say it again here... almost EVERY new account I've made over the last 2 months has gone into this review within the first day or two. Including accounts that had NOTHING yet listed for sale. Give them what they ask for and there is a strong chance your account will be restored.

schaffer84 02-23-2011 04:32 PM

Thanks for the inputs 'cardfelon' and 'kris!'

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 206040)
Also it depends on the item you were attempting to sell. It may have fallen into the high risk category.

I thought about this too but I haven't had any problems selling these items before on a new account. However, the new account would have at least 5 feedback on it before I would start to sell. Although, the feedback is strictly from buying, not selling so I don't know if this would matter or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris (Post 206148)
Give them what they ask for and there is a strong chance your account will be restored.

What exactly do they ask for? I can't supply them with much info. because the account is a st ealth account...

BiN4RY 02-23-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaffer84 (Post 207152)
What exactly do they ask for? I can't supply them with much info. because the account is a st ealth account...

Things like utility bills and IDs. If you can't provide them, then you'll have to move on.

schaffer84 02-23-2011 08:19 PM

Well, then I guess I'll have to move on... AGAIN! Man I hate e Ba y!

kris 02-24-2011 04:02 AM

From my experience lately, even if you create a new account, the likelihood that you will just run into this problem again is high. Please keep us updated, if you make the attempt again. I also use Entropay and another member thought this might have some affect. Good luck to you!

Maybe you can supply them... If you think outside the box. In my experience lately, even if you create a new account, the likelihood of running into this issue again is high. If you can supply documents, the chance of getting restored is good, and the account us that much stronger.

If you do try setting up a new account, please update us on how it goes. I'm very interested to hear, and wish you all the best!