eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   advice on what to do with my suspended account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/29288-advice-what-do-my-suspended-account.html)

dakota5369 03-18-2011 08:53 PM

advice on what to do with my suspended account

so i just got my account restricted and was wondering if i should bother trying to fix it. account was a few years old, but i havent used it for awhile. it had 32 feedback with 100%. all as a seller. here is what i now know i did wrong

1. i found a really hot item that was perfectly ok with ebays TOS. but it was doing so well, i amped it up to where i was selling about 15 a day. they went between $40-60 apiece

2. i sold about 3 vero a day, but had no complaints.

3. i was desperate for money so i actually listed the items for sale to start and then used that money to purchase the items. i did list the items as taking 10 business days to handle, and nobody got their stuff late. but like typical whiney buyers, i got dinged for shipping time a lot in my dsr's

so here is my question. is there any chance this account gets reinstated? i still have perfect feedback. but i now have to ship about 40 sold items. my thinking is if this account, or the paypal account have no chance of getting re-instated, maybe i should not ship the items and just refund them their money that is locked up in paypal. at least that way i can sell the items again and not be out the shipping cost which will be pretty expensive

cubfan11 03-18-2011 08:59 PM

Your last paragraph is exactly what I told the last person a minute ago with the same problem. Once the account is suspended, and you haven't shipped the items yet, don't.

You will save the shipping fees, plus you can still sell the items again on a new account.

Feel your pain...Good Luck!!

GreenBean 03-18-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubfan11 (Post 212168)
Your last paragraph is exactly what I told the last person a minute ago with the same problem. Once the account is suspended, and you haven't shipped the items yet, don't.

You will save the shipping fees, plus you can still sell the items again on a new account.

Feel your pain...Good Luck!!

And what about the people who have paid for their items and are expecting delivery? You sound like you are suggesting skip the deal the seller made with the buyer just to save shipping fees.

If you are, be careful because that's not acceptable here.

dakota5369 03-18-2011 09:12 PM

thanks for the response. so are you pretty sure this account is screwed? this is a legit account in my wifes name and i hate to lose it if it can be salvaged. i just have to send them all that info.

also, 2 other quick questions

1. i have another old account that is a couple years old. it just has a one feedback. but i have used it previously that this currently restricted account is on. can i use it again and just make sure that i never use this ip again? or will that ip already have been linked?

2. also, i had a different account banned about three years ago (very rightfully so) in my name. can i open up another account with the same name if all the other info is different?

thanks in advance

dakota5369 03-18-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 212169)
And what about the people who have paid for their items and are expecting delivery? You sound like you are suggesting skip the deal the seller made with the buyer just to save shipping fees.

If you are, be careful because that's not acceptable here.

no, i think you missed the part where i said to refund their money. that would include the shipping fees. i do not want to cheat anyone out of anything. i was just wondering if refunding them their money is the right move since if i spend a few hundred on shipping, i still wont have access to the money. if i dont, i just prefer to give them a refund

GreenBean 03-18-2011 09:15 PM

I was referring to cubfan11. I understood your pov correctly :peace:

dakota5369 03-18-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 212175)
I was referring to cubfan11. I understood your pov correctly :peace:

yea, i just saw that sorry. so in your opinion do i refund or ship?

cubfan11 03-18-2011 09:22 PM

Hello Greebean,
I understand what you are saying, but what I was saying to Dakota is that if you sold 40 items and paypal decides to suspend your account, you should just send refunds to the buyers.

That not only saves him the shipping fees, but also the cost of those 40 items he has already paid for. Depending on the cost of the items, if could be thousands of dollars he wont see for at least 6 months...That could ruin someone...

I hate the thought of the buyer not getting their purchase, but shouldn't paypal consider that as well before shutting down a good seller?

But, no I would never suggest keeping a purchase from the buyers, but in some situations my suggestion could save a good person from irreversable damage.

Please know I mean well and respect this site and everyone on it.

GreenBean 03-18-2011 09:23 PM

Fine!!! Thanks for the quick response. :peace:

dakota5369 03-18-2011 09:25 PM

this is what i hate soo much. i have tried really hard to do things right. i have a perfect feedback and even swallowed my pride and words as some crappy buyers screwed me over and got to keep a product AND get a refund. i just bent over and took it as part of the process. now i get restricted and i have to get all sneaky just to keep doing legit business. i cant believe nobody with big resources has been able to put together decent competition.

@cubfan- yes, the shipping would cost me about $200 and the merchandise can retail for close to $600. i have $4000 in my frozen paypal account. i was stunned by all this so i have no money to pay my car payment or rent because they reversed my withdrawal too.

dakota5369 03-18-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakota5369 (Post 212173)
thanks for the response. so are you pretty sure this account is screwed? this is a legit account in my wifes name and i hate to lose it if it can be salvaged. i just have to send them all that info.

also, 2 other quick questions

1. i have another old account that is a couple years old. it just has a one feedback. but i have used it previously that this currently restricted account is on. can i use it again and just make sure that i never use this ip again? or will that ip already have been linked?

2. also, i had a different account banned about three years ago (very rightfully so) in my name. can i open up another account with the same name if all the other info is different?

thanks in advance

any help with these please?

LadyLover 03-18-2011 10:43 PM

well stop trying to scam people that's not cool

dakota5369 03-18-2011 10:52 PM

um, thanks for the input, but i wasnt scamming anyone. run along now

stevesokol21 03-19-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylover (Post 212192)
well stop trying to scam people that's not cool

please do not post unless you have anything to contribute to the thread. And if you do please read all posts before replying. Your statement proves that nothing was read or understood by you. Please do not do this anymore.

Im sure im speaking for everyone too...

Steve