eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay - I'm done. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/29424-ebay-im-done.html)

tech_micro_audio 03-23-2011 10:22 AM

eBay - I'm done.

I was a Top Rated/Powerseller on eBay for about 4 years. I started out selling wall mounts in late 2007. This was right at the LCD/Plasma boom so life was REALLY good. I was clearing (after ebay fees) about 6-700 a month during the summer months, and between 1500-2000 a week during the shopping season.

Well, the TV mounts quit selling after a couple of years. Mainly because of big companies buying in bulk from china and making .30 cents on each sell. We just couldn't compete. We looked for different suppliers, and tried a couple of other options but it just wasn't clicking.

Late last year (2010) our business was done. Our profits were down to nothing. eBay's restructuring killed our business - the best match - flooding the market with previous store only items destroyed us. In the past you could search for one of our products and it would come up with about 35 listings. After the change it would bring up 4000 and we would be at the very bottom.

After some thought, we figured we might as well go out with a bang. I hooked up with a dealer (can't say what it was we were selling but eBay frowns upon it) and started pushing a new product. I knew this was eBay suicide, but our business was already shot. We started in early 2011, in less than 3 months we had cleared 28,000 - This is no joke. Well, eBay shut us down - again, I can't say what it was we were selling - but they sell like HOT CAKES on eBay. We had over 10,000 positive feedbacks with a rating of 99.8% Top Rated sellers as well. They removed our listings and suspended my account.

Over the last month or so I've bought several stealth accounts and have read the stealth guide. All of my accounts have been nuked. The problem I have is, with every stealth account they immediately dump my listings and ask us to call them for ID verification (which I expect). Now, everytime I call, that ask me to send them photo ID's and Billing summaries with my personal info on it.

Not going to happen.

About a week ago, I went back to o'le faithful - amazon. I used one of my eBay stealth accounts and was back up selling in no time. As a matter of fact I had 6 big sells (1) hour after creating the account, and they continue to come in.

So eBay, I thank you for the good years - but for now, I'm done.

LadyLover 03-23-2011 11:15 AM

I hear you bro I think it's unfair and I think these Ebay people compete to see how many people they can suspend a month whoever wins gets a raise or somethin

Red X 03-23-2011 11:17 AM

Glad to see you found somewhere else to move your products. Ebay is a hassle, and I will never sell with them again, they have ruined my credit, i am currently moving on to new projects that doesn't require auction sites PERIOD, but Amazon is still good.

rsot 03-23-2011 11:47 AM

Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you have found a nice alternative. Look forward to your future contributions.

All the best.

LadyLover 03-23-2011 11:57 AM

A lot of rappers be rappin to us it's all fantasy eh eh eh eh

inthezone 03-23-2011 06:28 PM

Just keep in mind though that Amazon is even harder to deal with than ebay. On Amazon, it is easier to get suspended. Just speaking from personal experience. Good luck with everything.

unkown5454 03-23-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthezone (Post 213244)
Just keep in mind though that Amazon is even harder to deal with than ebay. On Amazon, it is easier to get suspended. Just speaking from personal experience. Good luck with everything.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well...

cardfelon 03-23-2011 08:49 PM

Since you are now on Amazon you really should consider getting Amazon ghost. It's good to set things up in advance so if something happens then you can just keep on moving. Just a thought!