eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Ebay Questions--IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/300-ebay-questions-ip-address.html)

BackToEbay 04-20-2007 08:23 PM

Ebay Questions--IP Address

Hi, everyone,
I am a newbie here. My ebay account was suspended and I want to register for a new account. I will go to the local library for registion and buy a new gift credit card for verifcaition. After all that, Can I list my items on my own computer which the Ip address is the same as the suspended one. Will that bring me any problems.
I use Comcast Cable for internet and I called the Comcast, I can't change my Ip address.
Thanks!

cuerva86 04-21-2007 12:25 AM

You need a new IP if you want to log in at all from your computer. My ISP also refused to change my IP, I got around that getting a new network card or plate or whatever the name is for the thing that you plug your cable modem into in your pc.

whome 04-21-2007 12:48 AM

I also have Comcast Cable. After trying to change my IP by releasing it and unplugging my modem and router, the IP keeps going back to the original one. Does anyone know how to solve for this??? Will getting a new cable modem and router do the trick?

aspkin 04-21-2007 01:25 AM

Aye, Comcast doesn't seem good for what we need to do. You can't login and adjust anything in your eBay account if you're using the same ip address that's connected to your suspended eBay account. If you do, you'll be suspended again. I use roadrunner cable my self, and have no problems switching IPs.

Read this, good info here: Comcast IP change

whome 04-21-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 2247)
Aye, Comcast doesn't seem good for what we need to do. You can't login and adjust anything in your eBay account if you're using the same ip address that's connected to your suspended eBay account. If you do, you'll be suspended again. I use roadrunner cable my self, and have no problems switching IPs.

Read this, good info here: Comcast IP change

Aspkin, how are you able to switch IPs so easily. I read the link...most of it WAY over my head. One solution states getting a new NIC...where is this in the modem?:confused: I might just have have to get a static IP from comcast or go with dsl.

BackToEbay 04-21-2007 08:15 AM

Thanks for all!
I want to know can I use anonymous proxy website to get on EBAY? Thanks

coldfinger 04-21-2007 10:16 AM

Try turning your cable modem off overnight. The longer its off, the better chances or your being assigned a new IP. I do this with my cable modem frequently and always get a new IP, sometimes takes up to 24 hours of leaving modem off though.

ihatebay 04-21-2007 11:02 AM

You can't just turn it off and on. You have to download something to change your routers MAC address. I use something called TMAC, it's free and changes your routers MAC. everytime you change it, turn off your modem for 1 min. plug back in and it is changed

cuerva86 04-21-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackToEbay (Post 2251)
Thanks for all!
I want to know can I use anonymous proxy website to get on EBAY? Thanks

I tried using a proxy server to log in to ebay a few years ago and they suspended me in a matter of hours with the Abusing Ebay Section 9 notice. I would not try that again, changing IP seems safer to me.

BackToEbay 04-21-2007 02:13 PM

Hi, Thanks for your info. Would you please give me the website for TMAC, then I can download the software to change my IP. Thanks a millons!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatebay (Post 2253)
You can't just turn it off and on. You have to download something to change your routers MAC address. I use something called TMAC, it's free and changes your routers MAC. everytime you change it, turn off your modem for 1 min. plug back in and it is changed

BackToEbay 04-21-2007 02:22 PM

I searched "TMAC" on Google, but can't find the right one
Please give me the right website and then I can try to change the MAC of my router, thannnks

BackToEbay 04-21-2007 02:27 PM

I get another question. If I registered ebay account in USA, can I let my friends to upload the items outside USA. Ex, Canada, Asian or etc. will ebay suspend this account again.

BackToEbay 04-21-2007 02:34 PM

Becasue I didn't change my IP now, so I will not open my new ebay account on my old computer until I changed IP successfully. And I will let friends to upload the items for me. We will not load the items at the same time.

Any one can provide me with the TMAC software website? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 2267)
BackTo I upload to my account when I am traveling, so I don't see why they would shut you down just for that. But, if you are uploading and at the same time people are uploading from another country, with as paranoid as EBAY has become these days, maybe they would shut you down.

CPUGEEK 04-21-2007 03:00 PM

How to change cable IP address

Wha I do to change my ip this..

I have a cable modem..It has the ethernet port and usb pot. Both ports have 2 diffrent Ip address. So what I do is I swtich between the 2 ports(ip address).. and if i was to get supsended on one account I would simply leave the port unplug until the ip expired out out.. type this in command prompt to see when a new ip will be issued and when the old one expires.. (ipconfig /all)..

So basically to swtich between Ip's I simply unplug my ethernet and plug in the usb to my computer and restart my modem and it will give me my alternate Ip ..Then to swtich back I i simply unplug my usb and plug in my ethernet cord..

whome 04-21-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 2274)

I have a cable modem..It has the ethernet port and usb pot. Both ports have 2 diffrent Ip address. So what I do is I swtich between the 2 ports(ip address).. and if i was to get supsended on one account I would simply leave the port unplug until the ip expired out out.. type this in command prompt to see when a new ip will be issued and when the old one expires.. (ipconfig /all)..

So basically to swtich between Ip's I simply unplug my ethernet and plug in the usb to my computer and restart my modem and it will give me my alternate Ip ..Then to swtich back I i simply unplug my usb and plug in my ethernet cord..

I'll give this a try. If this doesn't work, looks like I have two choices: 1.) DSL, 2.) Comcast business account i.e. static IP. Other than cost, what are the pros of cons of each as it relates to ebay?

BackToEbay 04-22-2007 04:29 PM

thanks! It works fine for me. I tried to unplug ethentic port and switch to usb port, and get a different ip address. that 's great!
And I want to know when the ethentic port ip address will expire. thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 2274)

CPUGEEK 04-22-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whome (Post 2281)
I'll give this a try. If this doesn't work, looks like I have two choices: 1.) DSL, 2.) Comcast business account i.e. static IP. Other than cost, what are the pros of cons of each as it relates to ebay?

Do not.. I repeat Do not get a static IP address...

CPUGEEK 04-22-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whome (Post 2281)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackToEbay (Post 2290)
thanks! It works fine for me. I tried to unplug ethentic port and switch to usb port, and get a different ip address. that 's great!
And I want to know when the ethentic port ip address will expire. thanks!

I'm a computer technician.... How did you know you got a different Ip address??? But to know when it expires you just do a command ipconfig /all

CPUGEEK 04-22-2007 06:32 PM

You know what, Ebay needs to quit wasting there time on this.. Ebay is crazy.. Why would they worry about a suspended account when they know that the person will get back on some how some way.. Ebay just needs to stop and say fuk it...

I know Ebay is thinking were going to overcome the suspended user.. But in reality there own employess is working against the. The are telling people how to overcome the system..

I hope Ebay is reading this too. Stupid *******s!!!!

whome 04-22-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 2293)
Do not.. I repeat Do not get a static IP address...

Can you expand on this?

BackToEbay 04-22-2007 08:56 PM

go to IPAddress.com - The Easy way to check your IP Address
they will have your ip address on that so you know what's the ip now

so you mentioned ipconfig/all
can see when the expired ip?
will they display the date for expired ip?
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 2294)
I'm a computer technician.... How did you know you got a different Ip address??? But to know when it expires you just do a command ipconfig /all

whome 04-22-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 2297)
A static IP address never changes. This is usually available just for businesses, and even for them they have to ask for it by name.

A dynamic IP address changes regularly. This is the norm. To check your IP address (WAN) go to something like:
IP Address Locator - Enter an IP address to find its location - Lookup Country Region City etc

that is how to know that your IP address has changed.

While I know what a static IP is, I don't know why this solution isn't optimal. What are the downsides as it relates to ebay?