eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   ebay keeps giving me alerts. Please help (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/30532-ebay-keeps-giving-me-alerts-please-help.html)

unholywar23 04-19-2011 10:28 PM

ebay keeps giving me alerts. Please help

Hello I have followed aspkins guide and still something is wrong. I put something for sale on ebay. Then the very next day I get this message. "Attention!
Thank you for selling on eBay. In order to maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can speak with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative by visiting our Contact Us page. You may be asked to sign in. Representatives are available from 5AM-10PM PST, 7 days a week.

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

I also created another account and did not link it to anything I just created it. The next day ebay sends me this exact same message. What is going on?
Should I call them? If so what will they ask and what should I tell them?

nak 04-19-2011 11:09 PM

You have to call them if u dont ur accounts will b no good. It seems this is the norm now. It just happend to me on both of my new accounts just have all ur info in front of u and sount like u know what ur talking about on the phone. And u should be fine. They may also ask u to fax in some info like an id and a bill to show ur address. I would say have this ready too there are ways to get around th is too but IDK how to do it.

ShadyOne 04-20-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nak (Post 221262)
I would say have this ready too there are ways to get around th is too but IDK how to do it.

You don't know how to do it, is that why you get someone else to do it for you?

:amen:

mattytman 04-21-2011 10:43 AM

Another option, which I prefer, is to do nothing! In 48-96 hours eBay will suspend you. They ask you to fax or upload documents. You do this and you'll be re-instated.

The only reason I do this is because last year I had the same thing happen to five accounts within a week. I scheduled a call time and they called me for account one...still had to fax in documents anyway. Then the same guy called me for account two...I put a bit of an accent on and I still had to fax in documents! I couldn't think of five different phone voices just in case the same guy called again so I let the accounts get limited and then faxed in the documents they wanted...

It's an option if you don't want to speak on the phone with them. But you do lose your listings for the time you are suspended.

ShadyOne 04-21-2011 11:03 AM

^^ haha, love the accent method, do you do it if it's a different rep on the phone :lol

mattytman 04-21-2011 02:28 PM

Yeah - just polishing up my Irish accent now (so I am...)

ShadyOne 04-21-2011 02:34 PM

^^^ Why not go full blown - new language?

Welsh? :lol: