eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Am I missing anything? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/31383-am-i-missing-anything.html)

ArtVandalay 05-13-2011 01:32 PM

Am I missing anything?

Quick synopsis..

Last january after complaining of heafty rolling reserves and fixed reserves, Paypal shut me down. I had a few thousand of unshipped Ebay orders..which I chose to leave unshipped and creditted all I could given the lock down by Paypal. Im also restricted on Ebay.

I was mostly selling through a website and I quickly obtained another merchant account and other than halting my ebay sales and holding 12,000 USD, I was still in business.

Now, I do want to get back to Ebaying--some items are just easier to sell on the ebay format vs using adwords to drive traffic, etc.

I hastily turned an alternateebay account to a seller account and it they linked it to my closed ebay account--my 2nd paypal account is still unscathed. Had a few auctions go through--transferring that money now.

I am about to create another ebay account--and I will create a corresponding paypal account--am I right to assume that if I stealthily set up a new ebay account but tie it to the same paypal account that was tied to the recently updated ebay account, I'll get busted?

Here's what I have done--am I missing anything?

1. Have an alternate bank account - through an ICE card
2. Purchased a PO box at UPS store (physical address)
3. Tied the ICE card to my new address
4. reset IP address and switch to Firefox - never access old ebay accounts again.

5. I already had a dead cell phone--a 3nd line I never use--I just kept it because it was cheaper to add a line and pay each month when I wanted a new phone.

Should I register as a business account through Ebay?--My first thought is to do so--in the past Ive used my name..I could probably use any contact name for the personal contact that they require.

So, I will have a brand new Ebay and paypal account with an address that was just created today.

Any issue with using my real name with Paypal as a contact? I will set up a business account.

Also I was already in process of creating an LLP..would that help me to get increased limits in the future, ie: going back to selling "high risk' items - gaming systems, etc.. I figure if I do the LLP it would avoid having to potentially provide SSN in the future.

ArtVandalay 05-13-2011 03:49 PM

One more question.

Any issues using a prepaid ICE card for both my checking account and credit card on file? I have the routing # and account # and access to online statements. This card is now tied to my new address.

Thanks--This forum is great.

rsot 05-13-2011 04:46 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Not to sound arrogant but I stopped reading after your quote:

am I right to assume that if I stealthily set up a new ebay account but tie it to the same paypal account that was tied to the recently updated ebay account, I'll get busted?

This is a basic question covered ALL over the forum (simple search) +/- simply written in the guide.

Before you go on, you need to understand what stealth is all about. While the stealth guide is simple to read, browsing and searching the forums will provide a lot of info.

EVERYTHING MUST BE FRESH AND NEW - EVERYTHING.

Sorry to sound like an a$$hole (and I am one so no probs there ha) but spoon feeding basic info is not in your best interest. Understanding the full concept allows you to set up so many accounts that getting suspended from eb ay will be nothing for the business.

That's a good goal.

stickmade 05-13-2011 04:52 PM

rsot speaks the truth listen to him :clap:

ShadyOne 05-13-2011 04:58 PM

stickmade speaks the truth about rsot speaking the truth, so listen to him about listening to rsot.

Good luck.

GTB 05-13-2011 05:19 PM

the shadyone speaks the truth about stickmade speaking the truth about rsot speaking the truth,
soooo listen to shady when he tells you to listen to stickmade who told you to listen to rsot because he`s always speaking the truth,coz he does defo speak the truth HA!
p.s that took some serious concentration!

GrannyT 05-13-2011 05:29 PM

I'm with them!!!:pound:

newtools 05-13-2011 05:43 PM

Yeah! and also for high risk high vol - as legit as u can get with all new infos and an ein and business details with actual invoice of goods the best.

GreenBean 05-13-2011 06:41 PM

Listen to the truthful words of the erstwhile rsot :thumb:

OP, ya used a dirty word 'assume'. I detect an urge to go fast and that will slap you in your face.

Link can not and should not ever happen. paypal tied to a damaged ebay can never be used on ebay EVER.

The LLC will not stop paypal asking for the SSN. It's not the recommended method. Look more towards a properly created EIN.

Make an excel file of your account. Be professional.

Read and re-read to make sure you understand:pop2:

ArtVandalay 05-13-2011 08:20 PM

thanks for the slap..

I am going to have all new information..I wasn't going to risk using my 2nd paypal account that was tied to the ebay account. I was just surprised that the paypal account wasnt limited immediately along with the ebay account.

I mistakenly said that I am creating an LLP when Im creating a LLC--part of this process is getting the EIN. I need this so I can avoid paying taxes on products purchased at retail.

For the 'riskier' items--the website and adwords works fine with my merchant account. In no real hurry to move that stuff to ebay. For the smaller items and some excess inventories I have, its best to sell them off on ebay when its time to dump inventory.

It may have came off that Im looking to jump in with high volumes, thats really not the case..

The last piece I need to get through is getting my new IP address. My assigned IP is external through my router. Hopefully shutting it down overnight will take care of that. At that point I will have all the new info.

GreenBean 05-13-2011 09:26 PM

Run ipburger.com B4 you shut down overnight and then after you power up in the morning, run it again. Confirm to yourself that the IP changed. :pop2:

ArtVandalay 05-20-2011 09:26 PM

Cant change my IP address with my current router. It's locked. Ive never connected to ebay through my comouter directly--so Ive just plugged it in directly. I will likely get a new router. May be able to change my mac address--but I dont have that desktop with the router software installed up and running.

I did get a limitation on paypal saying there was suspicious bank activity. I'm sure its because I was transferring all funds out of paypal every day. So Im being a bit more conservative with that. I called them and immediately got that lifted without having to send a doctored bank statement.

I am about to get the stealth guide. Ive stumbled across some things in the forum that I wasnt following. I think Im in decent shape. Its tough avoiding the products that I used to really key on - IPADS, Gaming systems, etc.

KingRay 05-21-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 228542)
Listen to the truthful words of the erstwhile rsot :thumb:

OP, ya used a dirty word 'assume'. I detect an urge to go fast and that will slap you in your face.

Link can not and should not ever happen. paypal tied to a damaged ebay can never be used on ebay EVER.

The LLC will not stop paypal asking for the SSN. It's not the recommended method. Look more towards a properly created EIN.

Make an excel file of your account. Be professional.

Read and re-read to make sure you understand:pop2:

What is a properly created EIN? Or I guess I mean what do you mean by a properly created EIN? If his details are noted with paypal/ebay what name should he use on his EIN when registering it? Can he use a random name or is he going to use is real name and paypal cannot see it? just need to know this.

ShadyOne 05-21-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 228588)
Run ipburger.com B4 you shut down overnight and then after you power up in the morning, run it again. Confirm to yourself that the IP changed. :pop2:

I don't use this method anymore, a browser plug-in that alerts you as soon as your IP changes is the best way to go. No need for checking IP address on such sites anymore.

For Firefox users I recommend - ermodev | Firefox Extensions - External IP shows your current external IP address

ArtVandalay 05-22-2011 04:26 AM

paypal didnt like my ICE card as my bank account. They said that they 'randomly' reviewed my account and determined that it was tied to a prepaid card. Im sure its because I had just added that same debit card as my 2nd method of verification.

So, is the Simon card the best method for a stealth bank account?