New account restricted because of a link? Impossible! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default New account restricted because of a link? Impossible!

So sick of this crap but have a truck load of crap that i need to get rid of and still trying to get back on Ebay.. Anyway here is the story.. I had my own legit account, well it was in my wifes name but that Account was suspended due to "DSR's" but PayPal account was still good.. I went ahead and used an old account with 5 feedback that I used back in the day and somehow ended up finding the username and password for it on a memory stick. That account lasted me a good 6 months until once again ebay limited the account because of the DSR's. Keep in mind i was using the same paypal account that I used with the first account before it got suspended. Recently I bought an account through this forum and completely had different info, different IP and everything different but Today ebay decides to "RESTRICT" it. I called ebay and asked why this was happening and why they make it so difficult for "NEW" users to go through this crap, the lady goes on hold for about 5 minutes and tells me it was linked to another suspended account.. Could this be because i used the same paypal account that the other two accounts got suspended through? I added a new email to my maypal account and did not link it with ebay but simply added the new email in the listing. I am so fed up with this crap! Somebody please help me. Can I still use my legit paypal account on another eBay Stealth account? if so how can i do this without getting limited.. please help.. thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

woah big block of text - you'd think after the amount of time you've been a member of the forums that you'd break up your text.

Edit it and then Ill read it
Old 05-21-2011

Longevity: 75%

You can't use that PP Anymore period.

You have to start a new stealth PP and same method for ebay accounts
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

So sick of this crap but have a truck load of crap that i need to get rid of and still trying to get back on Ebay..

Anyway here is the story.. I had my own legit account, well it was in my wifes name but that Account was suspended due to "DSR's" but PayPal account was still good.. I went ahead and used an old account with 5 feedback that I used back in the day and somehow ended up finding the username and password for it on a memory stick. That account lasted me a good 6 months until once again ebay limited the account because of the DSR's. Keep in mind i was using the same paypal account that I used with the first account before it got suspended.

Recently I bought an account through this forum and completely had different info, different IP and everything different but Today ebay decides to "RESTRICT" it. I called ebay and asked why this was happening and why they make it so difficult for "NEW" users to go through this crap, the lady goes on hold for about 5 minutes and tells me it was linked to another suspended account.. Could this be because i used the same paypal account that the other two accounts got suspended through? I added a new email to my maypal account and did not link it with ebay but simply added the new email in the listing. I am so fed up with this crap!

Somebody please help me. Can I still use my legit paypal account on another eBay Stealth account? if so how can i do this without getting limited.. please help.. thank you
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

ok i understand the part where u cant use the same paypal anymore even if its open but how was i able to use it for 6 months without getting linked?
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

thankyou for breaking it up.

You'd also think after how long you've been on the forum that you would know by now when operating stealth accounts EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE NEW.

So to answer your question yes they linked you to your previously suspended account through your paypal - You need a new paypal account to go along with your new ebay accounts with all info matching.
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

I kinda figured it. I remember when they first linked my first account and I called them. Some dude answered the phone and said I will be able to use the account but a whole year and a half later after all the low DSR's fall off.. Was the dude on crack? or is that the case of waiting it out.. Thx for the heads up on the "BREAKING UP THE TEXT" MONEY, appreciate it..
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

No problem.

Go fresh with everything now. Nothing must match with any of your old info.
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Stealth only works if ALL of the techniques are followed.

eBay may not immediately catch a link. And in some cases, like the OP is talking about, he got lucky and the accounts were never linked.

But, sooner or later, USUALLY SOONER, they WILL link a new account to an old account if anything is the same.

In the OP's case, I would also urge him to resolve his DSR issue. You can create 10 new accounts by following the stealth techniques, but if you keep losing them due to low DSR's, what is the point?
Old 05-21-2011

Longevity: 83%

Everything needs to be new, plus everything you sell needs to be new (different).

If you have some niche you sell in and a new seller starts selling the same items after another is suspended.You get the idea. That's one of the biggest mistakes someone that is suspended for the first time can make.

Every item you sell again is a trail you leave. Even reselling the same brand mix with different items is possible link too.

A lot of ways you can be linked are easy to figure out. Just pretend you are trying to find suspended sellers and see what ideas you can think of.
Old 05-21-2011

I'm having a hard time with Road-Kill's last post.

So, I sell some way cool tires on eBay. I see there's about 10 other folks sell these tires, too...but I'm the cheapest.

Bam! I get suspended. So, me starts a new stealth account. U saying I can't sell them tires no more, regardless of how strictly I follow all the other stealth techniques?....come on now, if that was the case, all 10 of those other seller would get suspended.
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

No. You can sell them again. But there needs to be some space between your suspension and your new listings. Also, you can be linked by having the exact same merchandise as you did on your suspended account.

For example, you sell Brand A tires, only one model. You get suspended on Tuesday. On Wednesday, you start selling the same thing on a brand new account. eBay looks for stuff like that.

Or, let's say Brand A of tires has 30 different models, and you specialize in three of them. Listing the same three on the new account creates a possible link.

Neither of theser things will get you auto-banned, but WILL bring scrutiny to your account. Then, they start looking for other similarities.

It is CRITICAL that if you sell the same item, you need to change the photos, title, description, etc. Make your listing as different as possible, even down to the writing style.
Old 05-21-2011

eBay has that large a staff, that they can perform this level of scrutiny? Seriously?

What's your guess, on the number of accounts they suspend daily? Hundreds?
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

I have no idea how many accounts are suspended each day. eBay will never reveal that.

However, most of what happens is automated. It the automation detects something, it can flag the account for manual review. I'm sure they also have some way of prioritizing the flagged accounts.

Number of staff to do this? Hundreds, certainly, maybe more than a thousand. With the millions of users they have, it is a necessary cost of doing business.
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

GUYS IM SERIOUSLY DONE WITH EBAY! AFTER MONTHS OF LICKING THEIR ASS JUST TO GET BACK ON EBAY AND THE AMOUNT OF FEES I HAVE PAID OVER THE YEARS TO THEM THIS IS WHERE i END UP? BULL ****! MY FEES WERE OVER 3K EVERY MONTH! FOR THE STUFF THAT I AM SELLING, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE ON EBAY FOREVER! I SELL ALOT OF ITEMS THAT ARE "sold as is for parts or repair" and dumbasses just dont read the description and open cases without contacting!

SO MANY TIMES I HAVE STRESSED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS THAT THE SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK FOR SELLERS IN THE LONG RUN! "SORRY SIR IT IS THE POLICY"..

I HOPE THAT ONE DAY THERE WILL BE AN ALTERNATIVE TO EBAY WITH A FAIR SYSTEM FOR SELLERS! SEEMS LIKE BUYERS ARE GETTING IT ALL, OH WELL. I BEEN ON EBAY SO LONG AND SEEN SO MANY CHANGES, ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY..

I REMEMBER BACK IN 1999 WHEN I FIRST OPENED AN ACCOUNT WITH MY DADS INFO, I MEAN **** I WAS 11 YEARS OLD, EBAY WAS SO NEW THEY WOULDN'D DARE SHUT A BUYER OR A SELLER BECAUSE THEY NEEDED PPLE, NOW LOOK WHERE ITS AT NOW.. I UNDERSTAND THERE IS ALOT OF FRAUD GOING AROUND, BUY IT DOES NOT TAKE A GENIUS TO SEE IF A SELLER IS REALLY TRYING, OR A FRAUD TYRING TO SCAM SOMEONE OUT OF THEIR MONEY..

STEALTH IS COOL AND STUFF BUT IN THE LONG RUN THEY WILL STILL GET YOU, AND YOU WILL END UP STARTING UP ALL OVER AGAIN. NOT MY CUP OF TEA!

ANYWAY GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT HERE I APPRECIATE IT..
Old 05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
I'm having a hard time with Road-Kill's last post.

So, I sell some way cool tires on eBay. I see there's about 10 other folks sell these tires, too...but I'm the cheapest.

Bam! I get suspended. So, me starts a new stealth account. U saying I can't sell them tires no more, regardless of how strictly I follow all the other stealth techniques?....come on now, if that was the case, all 10 of those other seller would get suspended.
Don't forget you will u/l tracking which gives the zip code it's shipped from. Now you have the same tire and zipcode. They can also read e-mails that have customers return shipping info.

And most likely your account will have info close to your old address too. You might even use the same shipping account and they can call with the tracking number and get info that way too.

All they have to do to find you is look for the seller with the cheapest price and same tire.They don't even need anything else.
Old 05-22-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You paid fees, they provided a platform to sell.

You should look into your own website, still fees to pay with that route and a lot of work to get traffic etc but you may enjoy that more.

Good luck
Old 05-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Don't forget you will u/l tracking which gives the zip code it's shipped from. Now you have the same tire and zipcode. They can also read e-mails that have customers return shipping info.

And most likely your account will have info close to your old address too. You might even use the same shipping account and they can call with the tracking number and get info that way too.

All they have to do to find you is look for the seller with the cheapest price and same tire.They don't even need anything else.
I can say from my research and experience that a tracking number does NOT indicate a specific shipper. At most, you can tell if the postage was printed from PayPal, Stamps.com, Endicia.com, etc. If eBay wanted to know who the sender was on a specific tracking number, they would have to go to the provider to get that information. And I don't believe they will give that out.

Now, if you use the features on Stamps.com or Endicia.com to UPLOAD the tracking data to eBay, THAT is a different story.

Road-Kill is right about the pricing though. While being the cheapest won't auto-ban you, it is yet another similarity they can investigate. My recommendation would be to NOT be the cheapest price on everything. For example, if your banned account was listing 3 items, all at the cheapest price, make your next account the cheapest on only 2 of the 3. Of course, changing the items or at least adding some would be even better. And, of course, the more time that passes, the less this matters.
Old 05-22-2011

Good, sound advice, Jeff.
Thanks, man.
Old 05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I can say from my research and experience that a tracking number does NOT indicate a specific shipper..

I call FedEx and UPS all the time, when items are lost or need to be rerouted or a damage claim needs to be filed. With the tracking number they will give you all sorts of info. Just give a call and see what they will tell you if you ask.

I'm not sure E-Bay does this, but they could. Sellers are providing tracking info directly to E-Bay, so who knows exactly what they do with that info?

If sellers use the same pick-up and return address on all their stealth accounts, you can be linked that way. All E-Bay needs to do is send a E-Mail that looks like it came from a customer and ask what your return address is.

The OP started this thread saying he followed the stealth guidelines and there is now way he should have been able to be linked. I gave a few examples of ways they could link him. They linked the OP some way and it will be hard to figure out unless the OP gives a complete list of what was changed.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 05-22-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
If sellers use the same pick-up and return address on all their stealth accounts, you can be linked that way. All E-Bay needs to do is send a E-Mail that looks like it came from a customer and ask what your return address is.
Dear Mr. Buyer,

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with your purchase. Not to worry, though as I always stand behind what I sell. I am happy to offer you a refund. All I ask is that you return the item (the return address is on the envelope) and I will have this credited to your PayPal account.

Thanks,

Mr. Seller
Old 05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Dear Mr. Buyer,

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with your purchase. Not to worry, though as I always stand behind what I sell. I am happy to offer you a refund. All I ask is that you return the item (the return address is on the envelope) and I will have this credited to your PayPal account.

Thanks,

Mr. Seller
Dear Mr. Seller,

I'm don't know exactly where the original shipping box is. I'm not sure why you won't provide me your address, I'm already not happy about the purchase and now you are asking me to look for a address when you could provide me with the info.

I'm think your customer service sucks and I'm going to report you to E-Bay and leave NFB too.

Sincerely,

Pain in ass customer.