why not get reinstated? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-26-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Thumbs up why not get reinstated?

hi everyone! i just want to start out by saying that this forums has got to be one of the best out there!

Ok my question for everyone i guess is.. most people on here are trying to register new ebay accounts..but very few use the option of trying to get ur acct reinstated. Why is that? i too had came across the thought registering a new account and deleting the cookies and not linking paypal to the new ebay acct.. but then i thought about how i would have to be careful with every little thing or something could go wrong... i jus think getting my acct reinstated is more ideal in the long run.

i guess i just want to hear why everyone didn't think about tryin to get their acct reinstated first before trying to get another account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2007

eBay doesn't answer email.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2007

For the first suspension, it's about 7 days. The second time will be 12 months. That's what happened to me today.... 2nd suspension = suspended indefinitely. Then I found this site/forum... hopefully I will take cautious steps from now on.
Old 04-26-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's usually a futile attempt to get your account back from the dreaded suspended status. But it also depends why the account was suspended in the first place.

If you didn't pay your balance and your account was suspended. You can pay your balance and they'll reinstate you.

If you were shill bidding, and they give you a temporary suspensions; they'll usually lift your account after a certain period of time or after you submit required forms.

If you're suspended for another reason and they offer you to submit information to clear up any confusion, you have a 50/50 shot of coming back.

If you screw up big time, like being linked to a suspended account, you won't come back.

If you were suspended by a VeRO then you most likely won't come back either.

It all depends. Either way, sucks to eBay.
Old 04-27-2007

I was suspended in feb for snp. there was 3 complaints from 2 buyers. was required to refund every neg and neutral back to aug 2006. Was reinstated after 2 weeks. then was given selling restriction for minimum for 30 days in april for same items that i was naru for in feb. dont know if my account will be restored for selling or not. I am waiting to see. 2nd and possibly 3rd account is needed just to make sure that I can keep selling. ebay doesn't play fair, why should I?
Old 04-27-2007

Longevity: 99%

Thats weird. I had 5 buyers complaints last 2 weeks and nothing has happen yet(knock on wood)
Old 04-27-2007

I was snagged by some sort of new program. On another board a poster said that this new program "audits" every 100th seller accounts. Program runs once a month. The email says that you are being restricted/punished for having low satisfaction level. I have been in contact with 6 or 7 folks that were hit the same day I was. feedback on these accounts were between 1000 and 5000, all the folks I talked to had 98.9 percentage, all accounts were several years old.

Its feedback that generates the hit, not complaints filed. I think that with the new feedback system, ebay will eventually bite sellers with low numbers in the various areas. I had to refund every neg and neu. Even the nitwits that got their item in a few days and then complained about slow shipping. I had to refund people that complained they didn't get their item, but I had dc on also. t/s also could see inside my paypal account by their comments to me. They knew one of my refunds was pending and not completed, even tho I had a completion number.
Old 04-27-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
aspkin why would ebay say 14 day suspension, then 7 days pass and they decide to never ever respond again, not to email or fax?

What happens after the 14 days, have you reached that point yet?
Old 04-27-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelin snarky View Post
I was suspended in feb for snp. there was 3 complaints from 2 buyers. was required to refund every neg and neutral back to aug 2006. Was reinstated after 2 weeks. then was given selling restriction for minimum for 30 days in april for same items that i was naru for in feb. dont know if my account will be restored for selling or not. I am waiting to see. 2nd and possibly 3rd account is needed just to make sure that I can keep selling. ebay doesn't play fair, why should I?
It seems you're on eBay's ****-list. You can do a 100 things right, but that one thing you do wrong... eBay has it in for you. I would take it slow with the account for awhile. List less, and maybe longer auctions. Be sure to be in contact with all your buyers to let them know what's going on etc. If you know what you're doing create your 2nd and 3rd eBay accounts as backup and just let them sit. Remember not to accidentally link all the accounts by ip and cookies. Use a 3rd party computer if you have it.
Old 04-27-2007

I have a second account up and running that is 3 weeks old. It has a store, but nothing has sold yet. I don't have anything up on auction. I have been buying on it.

using computer that has never logged in to ebay
using dial up
altered name
po box
simon cc
altered bank acct

using 2 year old paypal account that was originally set up as a personal, then was upgraded, original email on that account was *** which matched a ebay account. *** was a ebay seller account that I only bought on. Three weeks ago, I created new ebay account #1, changed the paypal email to match #1. Deleted the *** email and then added it to my main paypal account. (The *** ebay account is still active, no restrictions apparantly) Then decided I didn't like the #1 name, and created new ebay #2. Added #2 to the paypal and deleted #1.

*** account was linked to my main account in feb and was naru at the same time as my main.

I sell 3 distinctly different kinds of items. I will split them between the 3 accounts eventually. I need to kill the store listings tho, the pix inside the auctions are linked to my restricted id. I think there are new sniffer programs running on ebay and don't want those to do me in.

I just realized that when I was naru in feb and had to fax in all my id, I used my real fax cover, it had all my addresses and phone numbers. Do you think they copied the info off the fax cover and added to my main account info? If they did, I'm toast.
Old 06-18-2007

Longevity: 97%
Unhappy Suspended for trademark violation

I read the instructions for opening another account annonymously with interest--however,
it will do me absolutely no good since I am an artist who sells original and print art and my name is my recognition--I use it in my headline in every auction and I, of course, sign my art with my real name. I got a suspension for trademark violation on an item OTHER THAN my own art, completely unrelated in fact.--i
They state is it is a minimum of 7 days
and I have faxed the necessary documents to Ebay now 5 times and have not received any acknowledgement of their receipt. My PayPal account is still operating and has not been closed down. What are the chances I will get my account suspension removed and get it back up and running--if you have odds from experience I would like to hear from you. As for my original art--I can't think of any way to sell on eBay without identifying myself--I have nearly 1300
99% postivie feedbacks at the time of my suspension---and I am hoping I can get back to work soon--Wed. the 20th will be 7 days since suspension--what are my odds you think? annushka
Old 06-18-2007

annushka-I'm not experienced in the Trademark rules but if I were you, I'd stay hopeful for awhile longer.
If you see that they are not going to lift your suspension, you could reinvent yourself as the "broker" for the artist and artwork(yourself). Of course you'd have to follow all the rules and steps so as not to link yourself to your old self.
I know it's hard to give up on that Ebay ID with all the time invested and the reputation that is yours. I had to walk away from being a powerseller w/2500 feedback at 98% and had my certificates to teach Ebay classes. Not to mention over 1200.00 that Paypal stole from me. It just leaves you feeling robbed!
If I were you, I'd keep on faxing the same info to them, be a pest! You might even try Paypal. I had an easier time getting to talk to a live person on Paypal than with Ebay. Did you have any auctions running or store items listed when you got suspended? What happens when you try to log in to Ebay? Have you tried to use your Paypal account?
Old 06-18-2007

Longevity: 97%

thanks for the input--when I log onto ebay it says 'registration blocked' 'not a registered user'--and I DID have auctions running when suspended--ebay cancelled all the ones with bids--I cannot access ANYTHING in "My Ebay"
but I did get a payment from a buyer who had purchased an item the day before the suspension--and it went through PayPal ok and I deposited it to my account through PayPal so that seems to work ok---I am hopeful, we'll see Wed at the end of the magical "7 days minimum' they refer to--seems like it is random and whimsical on the part of the GEEKS running the computers at eBay--and they're probably reading this post as I write it!
I also thought of the 'broker' method of selling my art--wow-that could get schizophrenic~~but it may be the only way--I'll let you know if I am reinstated--you-all will hear a huge sigh of relief!
thanks again--annushka
Old 06-20-2007

If you were VEROED for something like keyword spamming or use of trade names then theres a chance of reinstatement. Its pointless appealing to Ebay as the problem lies with the VERO member who complained as Ebay cant legally do anything until the problem is resolved. You must apologise to the VERO member and ask them to contact Ebay and in return you will not repeat the offence. Two things are important to VERO members: intellectual property and goodwill, the latter being as important to their business as the former so they will do it because bad will is no good for any business. But be gentle how you put things. If they refuse then indicate that if let back they can monitor you and there would be an incentive for you to do right in order to keep the account unlike those operating undercover who repeat the offence get suspended and start up again and again. But be carefull not to make it sound like a threat. Really, it can be done this way but it takes about 4 weeks to regenerate all the information in your account
Old 06-21-2007
Administrator

You might want to look into other ways of selling your Art work if you depend on it for money. You should start a personal website with your name as the domain name, setup up a shopping cart, have a designer design the graphics for you, and market it with Google adsense. You'll have a backup plan if eBay does this again in the future, and you'll have a second source of sales. It's not good to rely on only one source of income, especially if that's eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annushka View Post
thanks for the input--when I log onto ebay it says 'registration blocked' 'not a registered user'--and I DID have auctions running when suspended--ebay cancelled all the ones with bids--I cannot access ANYTHING in "My Ebay"
but I did get a payment from a buyer who had purchased an item the day before the suspension--and it went through PayPal ok and I deposited it to my account through PayPal so that seems to work ok---I am hopeful, we'll see Wed at the end of the magical "7 days minimum' they refer to--seems like it is random and whimsical on the part of the GEEKS running the computers at eBay--and they're probably reading this post as I write it!
I also thought of the 'broker' method of selling my art--wow-that could get schizophrenic~~but it may be the only way--I'll let you know if I am reinstated--you-all will hear a huge sigh of relief!
thanks again--annushka
Old 08-06-2007

Longevity: 96%

why did you get a 2nd suspension. I don't understand. You must really breaking a code to get the 2nd