Advise about scammer buyers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Advise about scammer buyers

what would warrant a indefinite suspension?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Depends on how fast you want to get suspended.

Why would you want to do that?
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat80 View Post
what would warrant a indefinite suspension?
Here or on ebay?

Daft question.

Awaits daft answer
BiN4RY (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, this is what is going on scammers Possibly from Costa rica or Ukraine are bidding on my items repeatedly and winning.(im talking lots of $$ over what its actually worth). they pay some sort of way. I'm guessing a hacked PayPal account. they use the pre-existing address attached to the PayPal account and have me (the seller )send it there.

while its in route they call the post office and have them redirect it to a mail fwding center, which transfers it to a overseas location. Ive tried Hold for pick up and signature conformation services. my guess is someone in the states is picking up the packages for them.

whole process takes about two-three weeks and once they receive it . they open a case claiming its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and eBay tells them to return it . but they never do. they just input a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number which shows it was delivered to my address . so i end up with no item and no money .. and it happens repeatedly..

Ive tried explaining this to eBay and PayPal but they blow me off. I mean, Ive won a few cases when I get the right customer rep over at eBay, That lets me know someone is aware of this going on. so my only chance for survival on eBay is to. get them suspended. i can usually see them coming from a mile away each time i list.` they hack multiple accounts so it a new account everytime. this has been going on for months now. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I guess what you can do is this.

State in your listings that you will not be shipping to any forwarding centers. Whenever a listing ends, check the buyer's address with Google or Google map. It takes a little bit more time, but it's worth it.
Old 06-20-2011
Threadstarter  

well, they use normal residential addresses. they fwd it on to the mail centers after the tracking show confirmed delivered at the primary address. it a very sneaky and deceptive scam. most people wouldnt never catch on unless your a stealth seller and can see them run the scam on multiple of your accounts.

I actually found this out after I called USPS customer service/ the woman said that someone with a foreign accent called and have the package forwarded to and certain address and when i looked it up. it was a mail forwarding center.

Last edited by coolcat80; 06-20-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-20-2011

Longevity: 75%

Can't you write on the package "Do not forward" I had a paypal debit card returned because the mailed to my old address and would not forward it despite me putting in change of address.

Maybe they only do it for envelopes though.

Probably best to investigate your buyers. Check out the shipping location and then email with them to confirm. If they try to ship to unconfirmed address, simply refund and inform they paypal will not let you ship and they should call paypal to change their address. You should be covered shipping to confirmed address and with signature, but if paypal is hacked and they can not recover any funds, they will not pay you.

Investigate the buyers address and call them using the contact info if you suspect fraud. That will eliminate 80% of them at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to besttimedeals For This Useful Post:
coolcat80 (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011

If you see them coming "a mile away", can't you just dump their bids, and block them as bidders?
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

"whole process takes about two-three weeks and once they receive it . they open a case claiming its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and eBay tells them to return it . but they never do. they just input a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number which shows it was delivered to my address . so i end up with no item and no money .. and it happens repeatedly.. "

How are they entering ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers that show the item was delivered back to you? Did you get any deliveries? Is the tracking number always the same? Something strange here...
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

agreeed ^^^coolcat, I dont get how the return tracking shows as returned to your address....

plus my parcels as buyer or sender, have never been allowed to be redirected like this..what service are you using? I tried couple of times for legit reasons, and they were like with all due respect, you could be anybody, we have to deliver to the sender address only...
Old 06-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
"whole process takes about two-three weeks and once they receive it . they open a case claiming its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and eBay tells them to return it . but they never do. they just input a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking number which shows it was delivered to my address . so i end up with no item and no money .. and it happens repeatedly.. "

How are they entering ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers that show the item was delivered back to you? Did you get any deliveries? Is the tracking number always the same? Something strange here...
I have no idea. they always use ups tracking, that's for sure .. but in every case the tracking shows delivered back to my address. but in actuality there will be nothing delivered.

I started to think that they are shipping something to an address close to mine. but not the actual address. usually the tracking only shows the (City,State and Zip) the items I sell aren't even 1 pound in weight. and sometimes on the tracking page the weight will say 6lbs. I actually called the buyer out on this, they didnt respond . I also caught them with a created shipment dated January 2010. reported to eBay but they did nothing.
Old 06-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

Old 06-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
agreeed ^^^coolcat, I dont get how the return tracking shows as returned to your address....

plus my parcels as buyer or sender, have never been allowed to be redirected like this..what service are you using? I tried couple of times for legit reasons, and they were like with all due respect, you could be anybody, we have to deliver to the sender address only...
I use USPS and sometimes Fed ex. fedex were the ones who actually admitted they fwded the packages. so I doubt I will be using them again.

Last edited by coolcat80; 06-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

block their user names from buying/bidding

dont ship outside usa
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

sounds like your next investigative lead is going ot be the carrier. ask them how an item can show delivered when it didnt get delivered. start there and see what they say. Maybe they have a problem that they arent aware of as well that maybe this will bring it to light. you never know.
coolcat80 (06-20-2011), Melissa1971 (06-21-2011)
Old 06-20-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
They don't have to do a false tracking number. They just have to send an empty box or even a flat envelope to show in the system that the item was supposedly returned to the seller. Then, they win the case.
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruehl View Post
They don't have to do a false tracking number. They just have to send an empty box or even a flat envelope to show in the system that the item was supposedly returned to the seller. Then, they win the case.
Yes you are correct but he is saying he isnt even getting that. That is why he needs to contact the carrier. There may be something they are not aware of yet.
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
I have no idea. they always use ups tracking, that's for sure .. but in every case the tracking shows delivered back to my address. but in actuality there will be nothing delivered.

I started to think that they are shipping something to an address close to mine. but not the actual address. usually the tracking only shows the (City,State and Zip) the items I sell aren't even 1 pound in weight. and sometimes on the tracking page the weight will say 6lbs. I actually called the buyer out on this, they didnt respond . I also caught them with a created shipment dated January 2010. reported to eBay but they did nothing.
this is way more sophisticated than the brick in a box scam, but they can still be caught.

so paypal are accepting tracking to your town or zip? next time challenge it via customer support, tell them what happens and ask buyer to produce a hard copy of your signature available from carrier and the docket with your address on it. They can forge the address maybe, but you take that to ups and ask them is that a real docket for that address cos it cant be, as its my address, they can then tie the fact that your address and the delivered address are different. the bottom line is paypal cannot accept tracking if it is challenged, and you tell them you are involving law enforcement, it does not show the address and signature.

I personally would also take this up with ups and law enforcement, as they obviously have access to the address the package IS delivered to.

These scammers need to move on to someone else you have to be proactive.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-21-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 78%

I wish this worked for Fed Ex

I read this thread and talked to Fed Ex already. They did give his real name

But Ebay is going to credit back the money on the case I lost
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
I use USPS and sometimes Fed ex. fedex were the ones who actually admitted they fwded the packages. so I doubt I will be using them again.
Sorry this happened to you, that's an elaborate scheme

I spoke to Fed Ex a few times in the last few hours. Got his first and last name and reported him already for using different name

They are so loyal to their customers that they won't provide me with any proof of delivery or anything documenting his real name. My buyer has his own Fed Ex account he used to send the product back so I can see why
Old 06-21-2011

Fedex and UPS will reroute or forward package if they are having trouble finding the address. AS far as I know USPS will not forward package.

As for the return address they only have to ship a empty enevelope to place or po box in your town with delivery confirmation for them to get their money back.
Old 06-21-2011

@OP, what are you trying to accomplish?

You said you can smell them from a mile away, yet you completed the transactions anyways. Are you hoping to dump the counterfeit items and keep the money?

And, why would someone using hacked PP accounts want refunds? If they paid with a CC, the refund just goes back to that. If they're hoping to cash out of the bank account there are faster and safer ways.

Nothing short of not sending the product will help you in this situation. USPS forward instructions are good for 1 year. The other carriers will forward the package once an initial delivery has been attempted. If you want to get back at them, send a professional looking receipt for $2475 and make them deal with their customs.

If this is a case of scammer vs. scammer, you've been outscammed.

And, before you get your panties in a bunch, I said "IF".

Last edited by stillselling; 06-21-2011 at 09:41 AM.