ebay boycott theory - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-11-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default ebay boycott theory

I was talking to a couple of people on MSN earlier today about the new ebay boycott that is planned for may.

I was suprised at the approach they have chosen to deal with ebay at that time.

Here is what they have told me what they will do and have done last time.

They get as many people they know and then they all go and open new ebay buyer accounts and then over the next 2-3 days they start buying mad on ebay with their accounts. After they have bought a lot of items and they are talking about a large amount of items then they simply email the seller with a email saying they won't be paying for the items and that the seller should visit their website to read about their actions on ebay boycott.

I was told by one of them that ove the 3 days he was purchasing on ebay he purhcase with his 4 accounts over $700 000 USD worth of items that he isn't paying for.

All of their accounts are made with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info.

On one side I think this is not the way to go as you just stuff around the sellers that are trying to make a living and they ahve to go thru all of the disputes on their accounts.

On the other hand it looks intresting that they took this approach to make sellers realise to stand up against ebay and take action.

What do you think about what they are doing.

I was asked to join them for the may boycott which made me think.

What would you do.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2008

so their theory is that by screwing over innocent sellers that these sellers are going happily join them for another waste of time boycott? if i was one of those sellers i would be furious.

it's not about just simply getting the fees back from ebay. it's about that seller loosing that sale for the week, then having to relist and wait another week to be paid.

whoever is heading up that boycott is a bunch of idiots.
Old 03-11-2008

Why do they have to buy and not pay? why not go through feedback and contact people that way? I total agree people have to stand up to ebay in some way shape or form but stooping to ebay's level is not going to get anyones attention.
I totally believe in Karma, if they do things the right way they may achieve thier goal..
Old 03-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

I just can not understand WHY a group of investors who have studied eBay much like we here have, don't create an alternative auction site? Instead of hurting people and their incomes made off eBay to get eBays attention, Create a New place with all kinds of incentives to get people to go there? Getting people to shop and buy from another location is the ONLY way I can see how you can affect eBay. Not by screwing the current eBay sellers.

It is much like people with the cost of fuel. No one forces them to drive a Gas Guzzler. It is all about choice. People sell on eBay because things have a larger chance of selling than other places but none of these other places are capitalizing on eBay's Greed.

If other auction sites invested some money in advertizing or had special deals to attract attention away from eBay they could really do some damage.

But alas, like fuel. There are other ways to get around but we have become so comfortable with the way things are we will pay no matter what the price for fuel or eBay fee to keep from having to change. I truely believe this is why no other site has successfully challenged eBay. Why should there be? eBay works. Just cover your losses in a different way.

We are much like sheep to the shepard. We will continue to Bahhh Bahhh until it is time to be sheared...
Old 03-11-2008

Shrk2thgrl, it's an easy thing to say, but an incredibly hard process to impliment. First of all, you need a worthwhile platform. An example of this is ioffer. They have a great auction script, maybe a little slow, but a bit of tweaking and it would be great. But, why are ioffer not successful? Because they don't have a vast budget to blow on advertising.

Starting an auction site from scratch is a near impossible task if you want to create an ebay alternative, unless you have an awesome script, and some vast marketing budget.
Old 03-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

Well, I am sure that has something to do with it but I still think if enough people who really wanted to go up against ebay, they could have a plan for a site in as little a 90 days. The publicity for that site could be advertised in all the free venues across the internet. It might take a few years but look at how some of the other sites gain attention when ebay drops a bombshell about every February. I am sure it would take some dedication, some long nights with little profit but it seems like a missed opportunity is happening here?

What people want is a place that they can earn a good income from but that business doesn't get greedy and talk to their users as if they were mentally challenged. So, why no other site has seen this writting on the wall and capitalized on it I just don't understand.

Maybe it is that all those sites have share holders too and they can not be convinced to lose money now to gain money later? Who knows but I still think if enough people got together they could create a competitive auction style site.
Old 03-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

FYI.. I dont see how theyre bidding on so much so quickly?? Maybe its just me??
I opened new acct, bid on coins, for real..acct got suspended like in 6 hrs..
all items were under $300, bid on like 15 of them..
PLUS..they want cc info now..
Old 03-12-2008

In the UK they want a bank account as well.
Old 03-20-2008

So we all open up a new bank account in order to make no impact at all? Na, I'm good