eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Where Did I go Wrong... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/3455-where-did-i-go-wrong.html)

TotallyDisgusted 03-15-2008 08:20 PM

Where Did I go Wrong...

Just opened 3 new Ebay accounts, 1 account I haven't touched yet and the other 2 accounts have a few listings.

Well...I just got zapped on 1 of the accounts. I was adding a few more listings and got thrown to sign-in page w/RED saying I was blocked with the follow-up email of how I was linked to a suspended user.

Used my son's first name & last name to register (same last name as mine), ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone & used my savings account for registration. Now that savings account is linked to my checking account which is NG w/Ebay. Mistake there? Maybe?

For that account, pp matched names first & last (sons first name my last name) w/real address and again used savings account to verify.

Never bought/sold on this account so I don't know if it is a paypal thing or an Ebay thing.

What do you think?....don't want to make the same mistake.

thelizardking 03-15-2008 08:38 PM

What about IP and cookies?

TotallyDisgusted 03-15-2008 08:42 PM

Have been using something called "hide my ip" as a trial. Can definitely see my ip has changed.

What else could it have been?

thelizardking 03-15-2008 09:07 PM

my understanding the "hide my ip" thing doesn't work...ebay still sees through the proxy, thats probably why..

TotallyDisgusted 03-15-2008 09:11 PM

You don't think it is because I used a savings account to register & verifify PP with that is linked to a checking account that is no good on Ebay -- suspended w/that checking account?

I keep checking myself on What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, IP Address Info, Speed Test, and more and it is definitely not my real IP.

Rosanna 03-15-2008 09:22 PM

proxy's don't work, try dialup.

thelizardking 03-15-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotallyDisgusted (Post 31517)
Used my son's first name & last name to register (same last name as mine), ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone & used my savings account for registration.

For that account, pp matched names first & last (sons first name my last name) w/real address

So the address are different (one ⊗⊗⊗⊗, one real) for eb and pp?, and is the one w/real address an address you have used before for an account? -If so this could also be a reason..along with the IP..

I don't think its the bank cause they can't see your bank details, the routing number would be the same and thats not enough..

Concerning your IP, check out some posts about IP's and proxies..and you can find answers about your IP there..

GreenBean 03-15-2008 09:46 PM

Alternatives

Please consider using firefox again. It deletes cookies, so one less problem for
you. Have you use IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address!.
If that old account is still up, maybe wait a few weeks B4 working more accounts. Get right up to speed with the outs & ins of the forum.

TotallyDisgusted 03-16-2008 05:39 AM

Am considering trying firefox again.

Was thinking about it all night. The account that just got suspended had about 8 items listed. I added 3 more last night...a different item. Waited about 1/2 hour an added 3 more items and then "POOF" I was gone.

Pics & description were different...no copy/paste but the picture locations (on my hd) are where they have always been. No way for them to see path of uploading a pic?

TotallyDisgusted 03-16-2008 06:26 AM

So the address are different (one ⊗⊗⊗⊗, one real) for eb and pp?, and is the one w/real address an address you have used before for an account? -If so this could also be a reason..along with the IP..

This is exactly what I did to set-up the account that just got zapped:
1- created gmail all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. username ex - marys shop
2 - created PP account w/same username ex - marys shop using real last name, real address & added my savings account which is linked to my checking account - verified & all good.
3 - created ebay account w/same username but had to add a few numbers because it was already taken ex: marys shop 123. Used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ first name, real last name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address & seller's fees were directed to my savings account (same as I used for PP).

I admit to not clearing cookies but have logged into ebay using ip hide program which seems to work fine.

Early this morning - not being compulsive or anything :) - I did re-install firefox & intend to hide ip by purchasing a program -- too much work w/router involved here.

What do you think?...I find it very strange that all was well w/this account until I started adding more listings. I didn't have that much up there...close to 16 listings or so.

vrb747 03-16-2008 06:29 AM

Using proxies like "hide my ip" is whats killing you. Have you wondered how many people have used the same proxies, and have an ebay account ?

Besides, I have a sneaking suspicion that ebay "sees through" the proxies anyways.

TotallyDisgusted 03-16-2008 07:01 AM

Using proxies like "hide my ip" is whats killing you. Have you wondered how many people have used the same proxies, and have an ebay account ?

Never thought of that. Are you suggesting that I just log-in w/my real IP but now using firefox (cookies deleted upon exit) rather than IE?

vrb747 03-16-2008 07:38 AM

Use a NEW IP address, one that you have never used before. That would be the safest way. Of course, its tedious to keep a track of all the IP addresses you have used. I dont mind keeping track. Dialup ISPs are good apparently, Ive used them with moderate success. Dialup does have the same problem as proxies but it seems ebay is more forgiving of Dialups than using proxies, at least for me.

thelizardking 03-16-2008 02:04 PM

I would say because the addresses were different (they need to be the same) and the hide my IP thing...together thats what got you...

Goto whatismyipaddress.com and check your IP and if it says, in red at the top, proxy server detected...you will be linked again I suggest learning how to change your IP w/o a program or use dial-up..

Also d/l Ccleaner (free) and run it before you log into ebay..

ebayhateluv 03-16-2008 02:36 PM

FYI:
People Pc has a new dial up software pkg--free cd at circuit city-- its cheap, and it is faster than aol dial up..