eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Ebay Account Suspended then Restricted SNP (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/355-ebay-account-suspended-then-restricted-snp.html)

bees2 04-28-2007 02:30 PM

Ebay Account Suspended then Restricted SNP

Hey there guys, I am having some problems with ebay, and I am hoping you guys can help me out.

In februrary I was shut down on both selling, and buying due to seller non performance. I could still access emails, reply to them, leave feedback etc.

I was suspended for a period of 30 days, and then they would rereview my account. I took care of the couple of buyer disputes, and took care of some negative feedback.

Well, the 30 days went up, and it said I was indefinitely suspended, then I get an email saying I was restricted due to seller non performance.

I could do anything on my account, buying, etc. Just not sell. I resolved every negative feedack I could, and took care of every single issue that the buyers would do.

I even sent in appeals letters to ebay. April 30th they will rereview, and I believe reinstate my account.

What is the difference between a account suspension (but not being narued) and a restriction.

And based on the info I have given you, will I get my account reinstated? I am assuming I will, as I receieved an email stating that progress had been made on my account

Please let me know, I am preety nervous as this is my last weekend, before I believe I can sell again.

Sincerely
bees

aspkin 04-28-2007 02:33 PM

It sounds like you'll get your account back. I've seen it happen all the time.

bees2 04-28-2007 02:40 PM

O great, thank you so much, is it normal for the process to go 2 months? I was able to get some negatives withdrawn, and not others.

Will that affect me getting back.

And am I correct in understanding, that an account suspension, is totally different than an account restriction.

And does it appear that after having a restriction they will lift it?

Is there anything I have to watch out for in the future in reguards to this crap?

ebay100 04-28-2007 03:40 PM

Dont Plan on it!!!!

Your case is a carbon copy of mine and many others I am sure!!!

Did nothing wrong ..I was suspended for 30days for a 98% rating due to 4 negatives and with over 700 positives.. and to think one of the negatives was from a guy WHO NEVER PAID!!.
I then received a email I was suspended indefinitly??

my second account was then suspended and it had a 100% feedback
I have sent appeals ,emails and nothing but a boiler plate response,
then was also told by live help months ago it was under review.. BS!!!!!!!!!

Nothing ! Nada! Zilch..! still waiting!!!

So next step and only hope is what you see here!

I hate ebay!!

EB100:cool:

bees2 04-29-2007 01:39 AM

I understand that, but if they told you you were suspended indefintely, and made no progress, your case is different than mine.

I had negatives removed, and resolved my complaints, and I showed improvement to be bumped from a suspension to a restriction, so I believe my case was a carbon copy, but I believe I will be getting my account back when it goes into review.

If for some odd reason beyond anything it does not go through, then I will use the guide to create a new account, although I really would prefer not to.

Btw, how many 30 day suspensions did you get, I am on my second one, and instead of a suspension it is now a restriction

whome 04-29-2007 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bees2 (Post 2610)
I understand that, but if they told you you were suspended indefintely, and made no progress, your case is different than mine.

I had negatives removed, and resolved my complaints, and I showed improvement to be bumped from a suspension to a restriction, so I believe my case was a carbon copy, but I believe I will be getting my account back when it goes into review.

If for some odd reason beyond anything it does not go through, then I will use the guide to create a new account, although I really would prefer not to.

Btw, how many 30 day suspensions did you get, I am on my second one, and instead of a suspension it is now a restriction

Like ebay100, mine was very similar to yours and sure enough...gone after about 45 days after having my account restricted. The problem is you never get any real feedback from ebay...just meaningless form letters 2 weeks after you request information. Bottom line is they could care less about you. Get familiar with the guide.

ebay100 04-30-2007 10:47 AM

Bees I recieved one.. that was it..

I have given up on them reinstating..and planning my new Account...

EB100:cool:

feelin snarky 04-30-2007 12:46 PM

Hi Bees, I was narued for 2 weeks, reinstated w/full priviledges, then restricted for 30 days, my 30 days was up last week. That account is still restricted. I reccomend you work on another account. I fully expect that when I get my main account restored that it will be restricted in the number of listings I can have up at a time. I'm just glad that its a slow time of year for my sales. Also ebay is now suspending bidders with 5 retractions in 6 months. so its being obnoxios to buyers also, not just sellers.

bees2 04-30-2007 10:11 PM

I understand, I am just waiting to here there verdict. If I can get these worked out, what I will proberly do is shut down the account, and start a new one, or should I leave it active?

I am going to start up a business account on ebay, under my business name, and a new paypal account under my business name, but I have a question, "Should I use my real name for the person in charge of the account, or should I change my name up on it?

My intention is to link my business paypal, to my business ebay account, and start over again on a clean slate.

Let me know

aspkin 04-30-2007 11:40 PM

I've noticed eBay accounts that are linked to Paypal accounts that are verified and confirmed have a better chance to stay on eBay with little to no problems initially. If you start with a clean plate, brand new Paypal account and a brand new eBay account that are linked, you should do okay as long as you follow the guide to keep your self from being linked. And it doesn't matter what name you're using for the accounts, if you're trying to start over and go legit, you should use as much valid information as you can without giving your self away. EBay likes to know you're a legit seller.

I can hear people objecting already. :)

CPUGEEK 04-30-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bees2 (Post 2706)
I understand, I am just waiting to here there verdict. If I can get these worked out, what I will proberly do is shut down the account, and start a new one, or should I leave it active?

I am going to start up a business account on ebay, under my business name, and a new paypal account under my business name, but I have a question, "Should I use my real name for the person in charge of the account, or should I change my name up on it?

My intention is to link my business paypal, to my business ebay account, and start over again on a clean slate.

Let me know

Thats cool with what your doing, but keep in mind that even though your reinstated doesn't mean you can't be suspended 2 days later!

CPUGEEK 04-30-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 2711)
I've noticed eBay accounts that are linked to Paypal accounts that are verified and confirmed have a better chance to stay on eBay with little to no problems initially. If you start with a clean plate, brand new Paypal account and a brand new eBay account that are linked, you should do okay as long as you follow the guide to keep your self from being linked. And it doesn't matter what name you're using for the accounts, if you're trying to start over and go legit, you should use as much valid information as you can without giving your self away. EBay likes to know you're a legit seller.

I can hear people objecting already. :)

I OBJECT!!...lol:)

feelin snarky 05-02-2007 02:25 PM

Hi Bees, Have you even heard back from t/s? I havent.

bees2 05-03-2007 01:09 PM

My account is in the review line right now. I will be getting it back, an account restriction is not as serious as a suspension, which I Had in the first month, and being I have taken care of my issues I will have no problem getting it back.

I will let you guys know what happens

aspkin 05-05-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 2714)
I OBJECT!!...lol:)

Aye, the world is full of conformist.

cyndbird 11-08-2010 05:34 PM

I'm retristed "indefinitely"...

Sounds like many of us have similar problems. I've done ebay on & off since September 2002, just as a side "hobby" to make a few extra bucks, and had 100% feedback of over 350 "stars", and a year ago went through some personal issues and sort of "checked out" of my ebay responsibilities - had 3 sales that I never responded to, so ebay refunded their money without any issues since I had the funds in my paypal account. I figured that everything was cool since I only received 1 neg feedback and the 3 customers got their full refund. I decided to give it a try again at the beginning of October this year, and the last month has gone pretty well, sold around 20 items (about a third of what I listed), and suddenly last week, I get the dreaded email from ebay saying that due to my DSR that my account is restricted indefinitely and all my listed items have been removed! (I had 43 items listed total, 4 with bids!)

I understand that I messed up last year and regret not dealing with it better, but after 8 successful years of ebay'ing and over 350 positive feedbacks, (it even still shows at 100% positive) and them letting me sell for the past month, why suddenly did they NOW decided to restrict my account? Why didn't they do that a year ago when the problems were happening?

They make it seem that I can get back in good standing if I get more positive feedback, however the only way I can do this, since they won't let me sell, is to BUY from them and get feedback that way! I'm wondering, after reading all of these forum threads here and on other similar forums, if this isn't sort of a blackmail way to get us "little people" to spend more money on ebay! After all, most of us are probably selling on ebay for the extra income to help make ends meet and are more desperate to get things resolved than those who strictly buyers, so we are the perfect target for such a scheme. Just a thought...