eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Safe Number of Listings ? - IS THERE A SAFE FORMULA (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/365-safe-number-listings-there-safe-formula.html)

hallowed 04-30-2007 11:07 AM

Safe Number of Listings ? - IS THERE A SAFE FORMULA

Hi. I need some advice. What would a safe number of listings per day on a fresh ebay account with 10-15 ish feedback be?

I had an account suspended yesterday, I pre-schelduled 6 items and it was popped 9 1/2 hours later for abusing ebay (the listings never hit the market). I also listed one item for $12.99 that was not pre-schelduled. In the email explaining which auctions were canceled, the non-schelduled listing was the only one stated.

Btw, the feedback on the account was from tangible items, not $.01 wallpapers etc.

CPUGEEK 04-30-2007 01:41 PM

I co-sign that Modee. you couldn't had put it any better

temps425 05-01-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

when the dollar amounts swing within too short a time from the cheap feedback to the more expensive sales.
This is the issue I ran into...I think you are right on. Less of a numbers issue, more of a dollar amount issue. When we talk about limiting the number of items, it really has more to do with keeping relative dollar values through durations of listings over time. I am finding the key here is consistency...don't throw in a days listings totalling $2000 when you have been averaging $400. Keep it smooth and low key....NICE posting Modee- quite enlightening...

temps425 05-01-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

What would a safe number of listings per day on a fresh ebay account with 10-15 ish feedback be?
Here is what I found: As soon as my AVG sales price went up and inherently the total listing values, I got limited. No suspensions and now as long as I list slowly all day I can get about 30-35 a day up.

HOPE THIS HELPS

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WEEKLY
60 60 60 100 110 115 140 90
LIMIT APPLIED AT WEEK 6
AVG SALES AVG SALES
$35 $32 $34 $36 $37 $37 $49 $48

CPUGEEK 05-01-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temps425 (Post 2745)
This is the issue I ran into...I think you are right on. Less of a numbers issue, more of a dollar amount issue. When we talk about limiting the number of items, it really has more to do with keeping relative dollar values through durations of listings over time. I am finding the key here is consistency...don't throw in a days listings totalling $2000 when you have been averaging $400. Keep it smooth and low key....NICE posting Modee- quite enlightening...

That is true. I was good until I jumped from 50 auctions to 100 auctions at one time. Ebay quickly gave me the boot

hallowed 05-02-2007 12:13 PM

I have had 3 accounts suspended. They were all fine until I pre-schelduled a listing. >_< For some reason they always pop my account when I do so.

From what you guys have commented, it sounds like as long as I don't pre-scheldule a listing, I could easily list 10 auctions a day without any problems?

Something very odd to me is: On one of my accounts that was suspended for abusing ebay (It was suspended after pre-schelduling 6 auctions), I decided to make a secondary eBay account and register the same credit card info onto it. After the original eBay account was suspended, I thought, hell if this brother account of the original account has the same credit card information on it as the suspended account and it is going to be suspended as well, I might as well go out with a bang.

I listed an item for $299.99, it hit ebay (took about 9 hours for it to hit ebay) and within 15 hours it sold. I have had no problems listing on this account. I have listed 3 more auctions @ $19.99 and still no problems, I even got an email from eBay expressing how well I'm doing lol.

Any thoughts?

JackNoMore 09-02-2007 02:06 PM

Would it be safe to list a few textbooks, now with school starting back up, for a short like 3 days duration on a relatively new account? Or could that possibly be a red flag? Probably wouldn't have mattered a few months ago, but with the increased paranoia of t&s lately I thought better to check before trying. I would just list them for the full duration but have a small window to work with here.

kissdemon 10-16-2007 09:23 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had any updated information on a safe number of listings per week, per day etc.

My inventory is about 180 items per week, and i am wondering what is the safest method to keep under ebays radar.

Would it be best to list thirty every day for three days using a three day auction format so I have 30 items ending everyday?. Or would it be best to list 90 all in one day and relist every three days using a 3 day auction format?.

Thanks

Chris Hanson 10-16-2007 12:50 PM

There is no certain safe limit. it all depends on what your selling.

If i was selling Ebooks for $1 heck i can lest 100 of them on my first day of opening a account.

you have to determine how much risk you products have and go from there.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-16-2007 03:57 PM

I am opening a new store on an account that is 60 days old. I built it up to a 50 feedback with real auction sales of junk around the house. My average # of listings per week was 20, because I wanted to keep the fees low.

I want to load up the store with about 900 items I have saved in auctiva. What is a good "under the radar" strategy to populate my store, given my seller history?

Does the aforementioned 30 items a day work? I couldn't find a post confirming or denying this?

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-16-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Would it be best to list thirty every day for three days using a three day auction format so I have 30 items ending everyday?. Or would it be best to list 90 all in one day and relist every three days using a 3 day auction format?.
I am opening a new store on an account that is 60 days old. I built it up to a 50 feedback with real auction sales of junk around the house. My average # of listings per week was 20, because I wanted to keep the fees low.

I want to load up the store with about 900 items I have saved in auctiva. What is a good "under the radar" strategy to populate my store, given my seller history?

Does the aforementioned 30 items a day work? I couldn't find a post confirming or denying this?

morningwood 06-24-2011 04:24 PM

Its best to start off with 7 day auction at a low price and no buy it now. From my experience I never have any trouble starting out that way. Age of the account does not matter, you always have to start slow with a low price. =}

yellow0102 06-24-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningwood (Post 243051)
Its best to start off with 7 day auction at a low price and no buy it now. From my experience I never have any trouble starting out that way. Age of the account does not matter, you always have to start slow with a low price. =}

I was just going to ask this and you answered perfect! Thanks! :clap:

expiredpeanutbutter 06-24-2011 07:00 PM

I was going to say sell 1 item per month until you sell 10 items

Shadowmoe7 06-24-2011 09:47 PM

thats really long lol

morningwood 06-25-2011 12:50 AM

1 item per month is a little to slow. I would say 1 low price item per week or every few days. Then just slowly add new items weekly. Just keep your backup accounts actively selling while you sell on your main account. Dont start the auction for a penny cause that gets ebays attention as well in their hunt for feedback manipulators. =}

unkown5454 06-25-2011 10:42 PM

You all move way too slow. I could never survive like that. There are much better ways.

babypowder 06-26-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 243543)
You all move way too slow. I could never survive like that. There are much better ways.

enlighten us? I tried too fast, and got the last two of my accounts suspended. i guess going straight to 100/day probably isn't the best idea ;)

unkown5454 06-26-2011 04:02 PM

No, 100/day is overboard. It's all about what you sell. Cheap, no risk, and fast shipping items is all you have to do. Gives me 5.0 DSRs and feedback skyrockets.

jjjia 06-27-2011 11:11 PM

^^ of course not 100 per days 1 per month is really too slow, a few low price per week would do great to your feedback and keep you well under radar.

unkown5454 06-28-2011 03:04 AM

There are also low priced items that don't register with your selling limits. I can't give away too much, but you need to do some field testing. Stuff under $5.

jjjia 06-29-2011 02:26 AM

is under $20 considered low price? around $17 including shipping. plan to sell 15-20 a month.

unkown5454 06-29-2011 02:35 AM

Should be fine. What category do they fall under?

EGYfromhell 06-29-2011 03:07 AM

This is SPECIALLY for users who get ABUSE EBAY EMAIL:

With all my respect for all the opinions:
Ebay will suspended your account REGARDLESS for the following reasons:

1- If you have a suspended account and you reformatted your hard drive as NTFS, your new partition Volume ID will be the old one before the formatting and the new one, If you want to check this go to run...regedit...Hkey_local_machine...system...ENUM ...stoage...Volume..
*Normally you should have 1 line if you have only C drive or 2 if you have C and D drive and so on, but you will find extra one or 2 depends on your previous hard drive partitions.
Bottom line, you should do the following...with hirin's CD you should delete all the partitions that you have and make your hard drive unallocated, then restart your PC and use windows boot disk, if you will install win XP you should use format FAT32.

PS. Partitions volume is the FIRST thing that Ebay check.

2- DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT, use any device that connected to previous account like USB memory stick or CD, DVD drive, and if you must do, please erase them traces from your registry from ENUM and the Device classes, otherwise Ebay will get you in 1 SEC.

3- Changing your mac addresses is a FUNNY joke, please understand that network card got 2 things,,, first Mac address and ID number, if you will change your mac address and keep your ID as the same, so you basically done nothing, if you are using PC replace your network card, if your previous network card installed on your mother board, disable it from the Bios and install a real new network card. if you are using laptop, disable your original network card from the bios and use USB network card, but there is a catch here ( if you will use USB network card you should NOT connect directly to usb port but use a usb HUB).

Now Listing:
1- start to list any item but do it as auction for 7 days.
2- wait for 12 hours, then list what ever you want ( but still not more than 3 items/a day)

finally guide lines:
1- if you are doing you first item and your phone verification failed for any reason:
A- the phone ring but you hear nothing.
B- the auto lady ask you to press what ever number to get the verification number and you do that and get nothing.

then you should know that they got you already,

What ever you do please do not follow the graet advice that I noticed it here that you can use multi accounts on different users on the same windows this is extremely CRAP, coz all the accounts will share the same register to name and computer name and the volume ID and you will be kicked out in no time ( I am talking about hours not even days)

I hope you will find usefull

My last line will be a MSG for all the users that give false information ( Do not do this..I spent weeks and months tying to figure out ebay and paypal, I lost a lot money, my family and my business, this crap ebay and paypal I depend on them to make my earning, when my accounts stopped everything stopped, so plaese understand who ever cant go back to ebay and paypal they can not afford to use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ advice, the easiest way is to say I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU DO NOT KNOW.)

motorpsychoz 06-29-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGYfromhell (Post 244676)

1- If you have a suspended account and you reformatted your hard drive as NTFS, your new partition Volume ID will be the old one before the formatting and the new one, If you want to check this go to run...regedit...Hkey_local_machine...system...ENUM ...stoage...Volume..
*Normally you should have 1 line if you have only C drive or 2 if you have C and D drive and so on, but you will find extra one or 2 depends on your previous hard drive partitions.
Bottom line, you should do the following...with hirin's CD you should delete all the partitions that you have and make your hard drive unallocated, then restart your PC and use windows boot disk, if you will install win XP you should use format FAT32.

2- DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT, use any device that connected to previous account like USB memory stick or CD, DVD drive, and if you must do, please erase them traces from your registry from ENUM and the Device classes, otherwise Ebay will get you in 1 SEC.

3- Changing your mac addresses is a FUNNY joke, please understand that network card got 2 things,,, first Mac address and ID number, if you will change your mac address and keep your ID as the same, so you basically done nothing, if you are using PC replace your network card, if your previous network card installed on your mother board, disable it from the Bios and install a real new network card. if you are using laptop, disable your original network card from the bios and use USB network card, but there is a catch here ( if you will use USB network card you should NOT connect directly to usb port but use a usb HUB).

Now Listing:
2- wait for 12 hours, then list what ever you want ( but still not more than 3 items/a day)

finally guide lines:
1- if you are doing you first item and your phone verification failed for any reason:
B- the auto lady ask you to press what ever number to get the verification number and you do that and get nothing.

What ever you do please do not follow the graet advice that I noticed it here that you can use multi accounts on different users on the same windows this is extremely CRAP, coz all the accounts will share the same register to name and computer name and the volume ID and you will be kicked out in no time ( I am talking about hours not even days)

My last line will be a MSG for all the users that give false information ( Do not do this..I spent weeks and months tying to figure out ebay and paypal, I lost a lot money, my family and my business, this crap ebay and paypal I depend on them to make my earning, when my accounts stopped everything stopped, so plaese understand who ever cant go back to ebay and paypal they can not afford to use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ advice, the easiest way is to say I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU DO NOT KNOW.)

:suspicious::eek::juggle::doh:

LongMan 06-29-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 244243)
There are also low priced items that don't register with your selling limits. I can't give away too much, but you need to do some field testing. Stuff under $5.

So if you are limited to 10 items a month you can get round this by listing fairly cheap physical items and this doesn't go towards the limit? Seems like a really good and quick way to build up lots of feedback for that account.

unkown5454 06-29-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongMan (Post 244772)
So if you are limited to 10 items a month you can get round this by listing fairly cheap physical items and this doesn't go towards the limit? Seems like a really good and quick way to build up lots of feedback for that account.

It is. Like I said, some testing needs to be done. But, you technically end up with no limits and you can get the account over 100 feedback and start getting it ready for Top Rated Seller status eventually.

Not impossible, but also not easy. But, when you end up with tons of positive selling feedback after only 30 or 60 days, that account is going to be solid.

KingRay 06-30-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsychoz (Post 244721)
:suspicious::eek::juggle::doh:

Almost every bit of that is complete opposite of what everyone on here does daily and get along just find.

Did I read it wrong or something? I guess I can go back and read that monstrosity again. lol

unkown5454 06-30-2011 02:08 AM

No, he is spamming that crap all over the forum hoping someone might believe his nonsense.

jjjia 06-30-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Now Listing:

finally guide lines:

Your opinions are based on assumption, but countless people here have done that and they are doing great. action speaks louder than words. one more thing, if you dont use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, you will get kick out very fast, trust me.

EGYfromhell 06-30-2011 07:45 AM

Dear God, That is World War III, :) you think my opinion is crap..fine...Do not use it

LongMan 06-30-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 245079)
It is. Like I said, some testing needs to be done. But, you technically end up with no limits and you can get the account over 100 feedback and start getting it ready for Top Rated Seller status eventually.

Not impossible, but also not easy. But, when you end up with tons of positive selling feedback after only 30 or 60 days, that account is going to be solid.

Yeah that's great to hear, I'm only recently coming back to eBay but with my last '08 stealth account within the 1st month I was able to accumilate over 100 +ve feedback/sales & over 300 listings by just selling reasonably cheap items. Hopefully the same catergories work again & this 'workaround' also applies to eBay UK.

It's unbelievable how lots of selling feedback helps with your sales and gives your customers confidence. I couldn't imagine only increasing my feedback by only 10 a month.

macbook 06-30-2011 10:21 AM

How in the world could all this vital computer information be obtained through a Web browser. Even the MAC should not be available on internet level traffic.

We need more techies!

Quote:

Now Listing:

finally guide lines:

bmwsouthside 06-30-2011 10:32 AM

wow. I dont know where to start but thats not right

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 245101)
Almost every bit of that is complete opposite of what everyone on here does daily and get along just find.

Did I read it wrong or something? I guess I can go back and read that monstrosity again. lol

I will second that most of us know that statement is not true.
We do this every day. this is not a hobby.
Please do not believe those opinions. we find many ways to get around ebay and paypal and it works. we have big pay days every week to prove it. wow, just because you dont know what you are doing does not mean we dont know what we are doing to sell safely. stealth and not stealth. many of us stay under the radar and continue to operate successfully. do your own research. it pays.

bmwsouthside 06-30-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallowed (Post 2671)
Hi. I need some advice. What would a safe number of listings per day on a fresh ebay account with 10-15 ish feedback be?

I had an account suspended yesterday, I pre-schelduled 6 items and it was popped 9 1/2 hours later for abusing ebay (the listings never hit the market). I also listed one item for $12.99 that was not pre-schelduled. In the email explaining which auctions were canceled, the non-schelduled listing was the only one stated.

Btw, the feedback on the account was from tangible items, not $.01 wallpapers etc.

again, nobody here is going to give away all their secrets. thats a joke.
You can succeed if you use your head.
think logically and reasonably. sell record albums, key chains, posters, baseball caps of 1st place teams, tennis balls, tennis raquets, baseball gloves, shoe strings, anything relevant to the times. people will automatically be drawn to your items when its in demand. think small, popular, easy to ship. you will stay under ebay radar. stay away from name brand clothing if you can. I dont list more than 2 or 3 items per day on new stealth accounts. I dont have over 6 or 7 items listed at a time on new stealth accounts. Do use 7 day listings. do start low prices.