eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   got MC999 -- what's the safe waiting time before list the first item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/38220-got-mc999-whats-safe-waiting-time-before-list-first-item.html)

pandasthumb9 10-20-2011 01:51 PM

got MC999 -- what's the safe waiting time before list the first item

got MC999 on 2 of my stealth accounts .. both set up seller account like 2 weeks ago. listed a TEST LISTING and then got listing removed immediately and was asked to call them..

1 of them got suspended immediately during the call
the other got request to send doc..

has been following the stealth book all the way.. (using VPN though) ..

what's the safe waiting period from set up seller account and list the first item?

or the problem is in the VPN I use.

many thanks.

rsot 10-20-2011 01:55 PM

VPN is a big problem.

shoot2kill 10-20-2011 07:44 PM

get a usb modem (verizon is my choice) and start a again!

Bunneh 10-20-2011 09:34 PM

:doh: i wouldnt call ebay with regards to anything on my stealth account , its just asking for trouble :juggle:

RedShootingStar 10-20-2011 10:35 PM

Look at your violations and it will tell you when they will be removed. Clearly you created a stealth, because you got in trouble for selling stuff you shouldnt have sold, so you did it again, and once again, you didnt learn your lesson.

FandangoKango 10-20-2011 10:41 PM

You either sold something high risk or you got banned for using vpn which uses ip from other people using ebay!

yotano211 10-20-2011 10:53 PM

Its not what you sell, I list some simple laptop hard drives and got hit with mc999 on 4 stealth account. My theory is the prepaid gift cards I used to verify my credit card. I have 11 other stealth account but dont want to risk listing anything. Yes all account are for 30 days.

RedShootingStar 10-20-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 280089)
Its not what you sell, I list some simple laptop hard drives and got hit with mc999 on 4 stealth account. My theory is the prepaid gift cards I used to verify my credit card. I have 11 other stealth account but dont want to risk listing anything. Yes all account are for 30 days.

Wrong. It is what you sell, and just as important HOW you list and sell it.

ESDave 10-20-2011 11:40 PM

I did Buy It Now with a simple ordinary T-Shirt. Got MC999

What I do know is Auction until I get 5 feedback (:

pandasthumb9 10-21-2011 12:17 AM

I said in the first place that for both of the IDs got MC999.. I listed nothing but a "test do not bid" auction at 99cent 7 days.

beside the issue of item and VPN, what I really want to know here is whether other people (who do not use VPN) can list safety within the first month of stealth seller account. Of course we all know better than list a VERO item to start with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedShootingStar (Post 280091)
Wrong. It is what you sell, and just as important HOW you list and sell it.

RedShootingStar 10-21-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandasthumb9 (Post 280101)
I said in the first place that for both of the IDs got MC999.. I listed nothing but a "test do not bid" auction at 99cent 7 days.

beside the issue of item and VPN, what I really want to know here is whether other people (who do not use VPN) can list safety within the first month of stealth seller account. Of course we all know better than list a VERO item to start with.

Read wrong at the beginning, but there is your problem right there in bold. Do not bid auctions are not allowed, along with several other auction styles similar to this. eBay bans any and all auctions that seek feedback boosting such as:

- Wallpaper
- Penny auctions for nothing
- Penny auctions for "virtual items"
- Coupons

Your auction falls under the list of items that ebay tries to exclude so buyer cant boost their feedback.

pearldoreee 10-23-2011 07:20 PM

Does anyone got MC999 and then fax stealth docs to ebay on their stealth a/c? Who has tried?

UnderBites08 10-23-2011 08:46 PM

using a VPN should be removed from the stealth book. VPN is the best way for a limitation to happen. It will not work!

FandangoKango 10-24-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearldoreee (Post 280928)
Does anyone got MC999 and then fax stealth docs to ebay on their stealth a/c? Who has tried?

I really agree using a vpn should be removed from the stealth book.

You can fax the docs and you might get re-instated

exxomscp 10-24-2011 05:58 PM

VPNs are a definate nono.. However limitations come up even for other reasons than VPN (such as registered address not matching your IP, or not within' public records).

Stealth docs are known to work for me (because I can modify them myself at will), however you HAVE to get it right the first time. Same thing goes for selling limits if you want to raise them early, but unless you have documentation supporting such.

However it really all depends on if an eBay rep is having a bad day or whatever.. they can restrict you indefinitely even after faxing in docs and it'd be a waste of time. They vary factors of "risk" based on your account and if your over a certain number, you can say goodbye to that account no matter what.

For me, it's wait half to 1 month before selling small items.. And then wait out the time of 3 months for the serious stuff, and I think that is actually the best method just to slip under the radar.. so I would not recommend anything other than that.

FandangoKango 10-24-2011 06:05 PM

How does the registered address have to match your ip?

jbluntz 10-24-2011 06:15 PM

Most of my personal accounts are all over the US, ip distance has never been a problem, account activity is what they look at most, browsing history, what you sell, how you sell etc.

exxomscp 10-24-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 281213)
How does the registered address have to match your ip?

Quite simply, it's still counted as a flag; albeit a minor one. I've had to switch around some info just to get things working again after I encountered this problem. I see some people around this forum have been experiencing the same problem lately as well, sometimes it's in the form of a MC999 requesting "more information" or "verifying your identity" OR it could be just a automatic form or information incorrect / expired under the account to get you to re-enter it. It's the same process you'll go through when your also raising your selling limits.. It's the whole "more information" thing. Customer reps don't normally check things like that behind the scenes, but the separate department account review team does and can add up if the IP doesn't match correctly.

One I made entirely myself is working perfectly and doesn't seem to have any limitations at all (100% new account / new address for me). Call me lucky.

It can happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbluntz (Post 281216)
Most of my personal accounts are all over the US, ip distance has never been a problem, account activity is what they look at most, browsing history, what you sell, how you sell etc.

Maybe account activity, true.. But trust me, it was mostly an antsy verification process to verify I "was who I was" in a phrase. I found it funny they never attracted attention to my sales, it was just straight ID verify. The way they worded it sounded exactly like they were concerned some unauthorized person was using my account.