eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Performance Reinstatement (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/38847-performance-reinstatement.html)

decp85 11-04-2011 05:54 PM

Performance Reinstatement

Hello,

I was restricted from selling (I can still bid) over a year ago for selling DSR performance. Since then my DSR has obviously reset, and I am wondering if I can be reinstated. Back in 2006 I was suspended for feedback % and was reinstated a year later (this was a totally different name, etc) and was wondering if it's similar. My paypal is still in good performance and I have sold stuff away from eBay and I dont even have holds when I sell something.

bakedbeansnsausages 11-16-2011 05:01 AM

I would be interested in the answer to this too..

sarentack 11-17-2011 09:10 PM

I had several ebay and paypal accounts closed out due to them find out I was linked to previous banned user or closed account, it would ban me in no time on ebay, but then I created account earlier this year and as I type this now, not been banned on ebay or had my paypal account locked out.

I am of the opinion something reset everything in their systems possibly or a lawsuit or government intervention forced a clean wipe of the systems.

RimmingTon 11-19-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarentack (Post 287688)
I had several ebay and paypal accounts closed out due to them find out I was linked to previous banned user or closed account, it would ban me in no time on ebay, but then I created account earlier this year and as I type this now, not been banned on ebay or had my paypal account locked out.

I am of the opinion something reset everything in their systems possibly or a lawsuit or government intervention forced a clean wipe of the systems.

Don't give up your dayjob.

FandangoKango 11-19-2011 02:12 AM

When did this reset take place? Was this for every user?

sarentack 11-20-2011 02:14 AM

I am not sure if their really was a reset where the suspended/ban list was wiped clean.

I suspect it happened at some point prior to about January, perhaps it got wiped clean at the start of 2011 if it really did get wiped clean.

I mean its just..........rather amusing I been on ebay with another account since Jan-31-11, and not been banned yet. Even setup a seller account and everything about a month ago and gotten about 24 positives since then with no backlash.

Prior to start of 2011 though I be lucky to keep an account for more than 2-3 days.

The real kicker is I used the same name, address, IP, everything as those previous accounts I had prior to 2011.

newjerseymax 11-20-2011 04:00 AM

No reset...ever....lol

decp85 11-22-2011 09:04 AM

How did you open up the account? I tried to open an account in the summer and listed a couple items, and BOOM within 2 hours I was hit with the "suspected fraud blah blah call us" message. I am thinking if I open one up with a debit card attached to it I might be alright, but I would really just prefer to have my selling reinstated.

Ive had situations where I was good selling for a few months, then got linked to an old account, etc. so that's why I'm preferring to try to be reinstated before I try any of that.

With this account, my paypal is in good standing and has been for about 2 years. I don't owe eBay any money, but I was restricted from selling and can only bid due to having a low star rating on shipping time. It has sense reset, so that's why I am wondering if anyone has been reinstated this way. Thanks

sarentack 11-23-2011 01:54 AM

It was just the normal way, I didnt open up the selling part of it until about 2 months ago or less but had the account since January.

One key difference though is the email I used, perhaps this particular type of email service (which I wont name due to ebay and paypal spies) is not very common, lets just say you can choose a few options on it when you open up the email account. This might be why I never been traced or linked back to previous accounts, look like they would link the address and name though.

I really dont know. But if you were banned after January then I suppose it would be hard to get back on.

As I was thinking about it, if I am not mistaken, a ban on ebay is not permanent, it seems like I read somewhere at some point in time that bans on ebay last 5 years, the main account I had was old and I believe it was banned about 5 years ago to.

That could be it, I need someone to look into that though, I made accounts afterward that kept getting banned though, but those probably never counted since it was all link backs.

So far I am keeping my fingers crossed in it all, I havent even really had issues with my paypal account and they screwed me on another account about 2 years ago where I owed $100 and something on it due to a craigslist scam.

I get scared having any balance in it though because its all pending balances with their 21 day (really about 10 day) policy where they hold funds. I dont trust paypal enough to keep money in it ever.

rsot 11-23-2011 10:06 AM

The only way of knowing for sure if you are eligible for reinstatement is to either call eb ay or speak to a rep online.