Ebay can trace your account through Paypal - heres how... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-06-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Ebay can trace your account through Paypal - heres how...

Ok, so over maybe 6 years, I have probably had 10 different ebay account and 4 different Paypal accounts (Yes thats means I have had to open 4 different bank accounts, and being in the UK that is alot of hassle and time!)

Anyway, my point is, recently I have noticed Ebay can link your accounts on Ebay by paypal.

I recently had an ebay account suspended as it was linked to a previous aco**** that was suspended (In 2004 no less)

So I opened up another Ebay account, and guess what a week later same thing, suspended.

They have linked the accounts via the Paypal accounts. Every account on Ebay had different details and ip etc, the only thing was paypal, I think they must of linked it, as I must of set up Paypal to link to the original paypal account in 2004

The thing I need to know now, is how can I UNLINK the old ebay account from 2004 to the current paypal account? Is it possible? That way I could open up another Ebay account and use this paypal account, saving me to have to open another Paypal account!

If not, I was thinking I could just close the paypal account, and then reregister with the same details and bank account, then it wouldnt be linked to the original paypal account. Does anyone know if this works?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2007
Threadstarter  

Anyone able to help with this?
Old 05-07-2007

I have dicovered that if you goto your paypal profile, there is a link called Auctions. I found my ebay id and some paypal preferences there. Does this mean my ebay and paypal were linked?? I removed it imeadiately when I saw it. This may be how they are linked. No one has confirmed this but it is very suspicious. I suggest you check you paypal account for this, and see if their are any suspended accounts are listed.
Old 05-07-2007
Threadstarter  

No my paypal accounts has nothing under auctions section
Old 05-10-2007

You can now get prepaid cards in the UK from Natwest so once youve opened a bank account you dont have to keep opening new accounts. The obvious way paypal links to ebay is by the email address. If the primary sign in paypal address is the same as used by an ebay account suspended then any new ebay accounts will be suspended. When you open a new paypal account only receive payments on secondary email addresses so if the ebay account is suspended then the paypal account isnt compromised. I am going to say more about this in a new thread
Old 05-10-2007

Ive noticed in the past when I have wanted to request a paypal payment and I go to type the buyers email address to send, paypal provides a history of email addresses of recent buyers for sending requests to. But they may just relate to previous paypal payments so not necessarily linked to Ebay or its members who have won auctions with you. I cant remember which is the case, but there maybe a possible link here
Old 05-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollock2ebay View Post
You can now get prepaid cards in the UK from Natwest so once youve opened a bank account you dont have to keep opening new accounts. The obvious way paypal links to ebay is by the email address. If the primary sign in paypal address is the same as used by an ebay account suspended then any new ebay accounts will be suspended. When you open a new paypal account only receive payments on secondary email addresses so if the ebay account is suspended then the paypal account isnt compromised. I am going to say more about this in a new thread

Whats a prepaid card mate? I have a natwest account so that would be great if I can get one easierly to open up an Ebay account. Let us know please how I get one
Old 05-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

How much money will paypal let you have come in before they freeze the account?

If I get verified before accepting payments, will that help?
Old 05-23-2007

To Mattcafce: Go into your local Natwest bank and there is a bar stand where you write cheques and deposit slips where you queue to see a teller. On the bar stand are application forms for prepaid gift cards. Each card has its own card number. You have to have a Natwest account and you buy them from your bank account. They are in multiples of £5-£250. They are intended to be given as gifts. The receiver can go into a shop and use the card to buy goods and services. As they have a card number I presume you can open an Ebay seller account like the American gift cards. Dont waste your time with the Post Office gift cards as they require user ID