MC999 for 4 movie posters. Freaking out! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Unhappy MC999 for 4 movie posters. Freaking out!

I work at a movie theater and I decided to put some Movie Posters on ebay when I found out we wouldn't be showing the film. They all sold on Monday and today I received this:

Dear ----

You recently listed the following listing:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your listing has been removed.

Your item was removed because of a request we received from VeRO participant, Fox (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation), asking us to remove the item for:

- Item(s) infringes copyrights (for example, a bootleg recording of a live performance, a pirated copy of media such as software or movies, or an unlawful copy of copyrighted works such as text, paintings, or sculptures).

For more information on why your item was removed, you should:
- Contact the VeRO participant directly at foxip@fox.com with your questions or concerns.
- Wait 7 days for the VeRO participant to reply to you. Although most VeRO participants are willing to respond to polite email, please know that they aren’t obligated to reply.
- If after 7 days you haven’t received a response from the VeRO participant, please contact eBay by simply replying to this email.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Fox (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation), notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Only copyright owners can copy, distribute, perform, or publicly display their work. Unauthorized copies include (but aren't limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.

Because the item in your listing was reported by the rights owner as being an unauthorized copy, you're not allowed to relist, advertise, or offer it for sale on any eBay site or service around the world.

Here's more information on our policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

And you can learn more about copyrights here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/copyrights.html

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

We encourage you to contact Fox (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: foxip@fox.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...s-vero-ov.html

The items completely disappeared from my page even though they had ended and been paid for but I was able to refund them through paypal. One other item that ended Monday for the film was paid for and shipped but I did not receive a notice for that one.

This is my first vero problem I have had though I have sold other movie posters in the past and even some other movie title ones. I'm freaking out a little bit. Is Fox going to sue me or something? I took the vero tutorial ebay recommended and it didn't help at all. I'm not just worried about losing my ebay account but my job as well. Any info on what to do would me much appreciated.

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-16-2012 at 03:00 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. First step is to e-mail the Fox Corporation and clarify the issue. Are the posters legal? You are saying the movie was not shown but did it hit the market?
Old 01-19-2012
Threadstarter  

After I posted last night I did some google searching and eventually found Fox's about me page on ebay. They had a faq and it did address movie posters. There are a lot of the same poster listed so I just assumed, like an idiot apparently, that it was fine to list them. The faq told me otherwise. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Should I just wait and see if they contact me? Or should I email Fox and let them know I had no idea I wasn't allowed to sell these when I was done with them and it won't happen again? The movie that they were for releases this Friday but we are not getting it at my theater so we stopped advertising it.
Old 01-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Ah that`s why - you tried to pre-empt the movie release. I doubt there will be any legal action - wait for movie to be released - make sure you e-mail them and advise them that you work at the movie theatre and are licensed rep, etc.
Old 01-19-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Can't beleive unreleased movie posters get removed also. Vero sucks!!!
Old 01-19-2012
Threadstarter  

One of the things they address in the faq is theaters.

Q: Can I sell promotional movie posters once the movie has been released in theaters?
A: No. These are promotional materials that were never authorized for sale, and theaters are prohibited from selling or further distributing them.

That's the first I had heard of this. We routinely give them away and I have sold other stuff in the past when we have extras. Indy theaters live in fear of studios and that's why I'm scared for my job. If it came down to it I'm sure I would be fired despite no policy being in place regarding this.

I wish ebay would post these things when you list so their customers can cya like they do.

Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated.
Old 01-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Are theater cards not considered distributor property and can not be sold? You may want to look into it, but I was sure they can not be "legally" sold. I could be wrong too. You may need to move them on craigslist or something
Old 01-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Ugg thats pretty weak...
You can try to file a counter claim. I have won this a couple of times and lost a couple of times. Once with Beachbody and once with the snuggie makers. I have lost to Sony and skullcandy.

Once I won they left me alone.
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

@noproblempablo, just out of curiosity which movie posters were they?
Old 01-20-2012
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
@noproblempablo, just out of curiosity which movie posters were they?
@marysman78:

He did post what movie the posters went to, but to keep the OP anonymous from eBay, I edited the title out and made other changes to the thread.
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Ah I see said the blind man to the deaf woman...makes sense.
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Practise here on this forum for ALL users to have their privacy to deter problems.

Sense with a capital 'Do It' :bat:
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Let's see what pablo comes back with.