eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   just to clarify, I cant use old pics on my new ebay acct? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/42905-just-clarify-i-cant-use-old-pics-my-new-ebay-acct.html)

billygoat 02-20-2012 08:25 AM

just to clarify, I cant use old pics on my new ebay acct?

I have been doing so much research on the whole picture linking. I have spent so much time on my pictures, and i want to use them on my new acct so i am wondering if i use the exif tag remover, then possibly they cant link me? sorry if i am not technically inclined. i had no idea that ebay would link you by so many things, its really rediculous considering i have made them thousands and thousands of dollars over the past 13 years. anyways, i want to use my old pics. but I guess if its risky then i will have to retake them (alot of work)! let me know, thanks

SUVE 02-20-2012 02:41 PM

You CAN be linked with the reuse of pictures attached for use on another EB A/C.Using the exif removal software will mean you can re-use them.

If possible, I'd just start of with a new set of pictures.

:thumb:

MM78 02-24-2012 02:20 AM

What yo can do is take several pictures of the same item in different backgrounds or whatever you prefer and then make several folders on your PC (according to how many stealth accounts you have) with the names of your stealth accounts. So now you have different images for each stealth account.

Also as SUVE suggested using exif removal software will strip all data from the pictures. I also suggest not using your phone for these pictures, just a suggestion.

elitepowersales 02-25-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billygoat (Post 313783)
I have been doing so much research on the whole picture linking. I have spent so much time on my pictures, and i want to use them on my new acct so i am wondering if i use the exif tag remover, then possibly they cant link me? sorry if i am not technically inclined. i had no idea that ebay would link you by so many things, its really rediculous considering i have made them thousands and thousands of dollars over the past 13 years. anyways, i want to use my old pics. but I guess if its risky then i will have to retake them (alot of work)! let me know, thanks

You can just rename/resize them and make sure there is no exif data.

Sandy D 02-26-2012 12:21 AM

Well worth it to re take the pictures.

Or change them up a bit and clean them.

joesshooze 03-09-2013 05:38 PM

why not to use phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 314891)
What yo can do is take several pictures of the same item in different backgrounds or whatever you prefer and then make several folders on your PC (according to how many stealth accounts you have) with the names of your stealth accounts. So now you have different images for each stealth account.

Also as SUVE suggested using exif removal software will strip all data from the pictures. I also suggest not using your phone for these pictures, just a suggestion.

After doing lots and I mean lots of reading here the past few days I checked the geo tags on my cell phone pics and there is none. I am going to take new pics because I want to change up a few things but I am curious why it was recommended not to. One could also turn off the GPS if that was the concern, no?

MM78 03-09-2013 05:53 PM

Crazy question:
Why not just use a digital camera?
Their pretty cheap, faster to edit, decent quality.
Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 429928)
After doing lots and I mean lots of reading here the past few days I checked the geo tags on my cell phone pics and there is none. I am going to take new pics because I want to change up a few things but I am curious why it was recommended not to. One could also turn off the GPS if that was the concern, no?

mrkurei 03-09-2013 06:16 PM

Dont worry ! .
pictures doesn't affect to your account .

slim jim 03-09-2013 06:53 PM

Re: just to clarify, I cant use old pics on my new ebay acct?

Of course they do. It is suggested to use different pictures and clean those pictures of the exit data

GreenBean 03-09-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkurei (Post 429942)
Dont worry ! .
pictures doesn't affect to your account .

I disagree.

We make these suggestions to allow users to make stealth accounts that are going to have a good chance of surviving.

Worst thing for any account is for it to be checked by a person & not a bot.
Links are found often when that happens.

Since we advise everything new for successful stealth, new photos is part of the deal.

:peace:

Roscoe 03-10-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 429928)

Ebay uses a technology to screen photos. Using the same camera for different accounts won't cut it for long.

I'll see if I can find that article I just read about the techology they use, pretty amazing what they can track.

eColi 03-10-2013 02:18 AM

There are millions of identical cameras. You can use the same camera. I use the same photo for all my accounts as the stock photo, and they don't seem to care, but I'm not violating any policies yet.

rsot 03-10-2013 07:30 AM

Using the same photo is not the best idea because it can be a remote link. At least slight alteration is good

vogeltron 03-11-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 430060)
Using the same photo is not the best idea because it can be a remote link. At least slight alteration is good

I would suggest to be safe, try to use different backgrounds. Different hosting sites if possible. Also different descriptions and anything possible to make it look like different people are running the accounts. Old saying goes it is better to be safe than sorry.

Sandy D 03-11-2013 07:32 AM

I have a small photo like studio set up with different color back drops made of different cloth type materials.

Since I sell on tons of different accounts I have my trusty folders for each account I am going to list on this week and what color, type of backdrop I use for each and take pictures on that particular back drop.

Never use the same backdrop, position, angle etc on multiple accounts.

Why? ebay might catch it but most important the competition who is looking anyway will notice it and report it and down multiple accounts go.

I know I can spot my competitors and have by their same pictures shots and angles and of course they are stupid enough to use the same description, font, return policies etc. so if I spot it so can others.

Cutting corners will cost you in time.

Roscoe 03-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscoe (Post 430004)
Ebay uses a technology to screen photos. Using the same camera for different accounts won't cut it for long.

I'll see if I can find that article I just read about the techology they use, pretty amazing what they can track.

Here's my follow up:

Ignite Realtime: XIFF API <<<<<<<<<<

Ebay can get your camera’s model and photo information from every photo you upload. This information is refereed to as the “Xiff” information of your camera. Ebay can link accounts using photo data is they believe an account suspect.

Photos uploaded from Amazon will not be subject to those tools because they allow drop shipping.

Once a camera’s photo data such as model number has been placed into the abuse nexis filter data base, it will then be compared to previously suspended seller accounts.

pichetpipit 03-11-2013 03:49 PM

Try delete all the details in the picture like location taken, date taken by using some program.

vogeltron 03-19-2013 05:37 AM

You are correct about the Camera model and what not. But in general if you want to sell on eBay do the stealth guide. Sell products that aren't easily flagged by Vero etc and you should be good. I know as much as people have had problems with eBay. If you get even a Stealth Account in good standing for several years eBay sees it as an asset. They want to get paid they just want to make sure the customers don't bitch. eBay has it flaws I definitely know it. But they will let things slide if you have build up good reputation with them and they view you as an asset.

I will say it again and again. With eBay/PayPal everything they do is a formula. Based on the type of item sold, how much you have in the account, your history of selling etc. Anyone to dumb to realize this deserves what they get. Keep failing it is on you. We have all preached stealth and it works. Learn the other ins and outs from the forums. I am so sick of people talking like they are entitled to sell on eBay. Even with all the Flaws. Get humble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscoe (Post 430362)
Here's my follow up:

Ignite Realtime: XIFF API <<<<<<<<<<

Ebay can get your camera’s model and photo information from every photo you upload. This information is refereed to as the “Xiff” information of your camera. Ebay can link accounts using photo data is they believe an account suspect.

Photos uploaded from Amazon will not be subject to those tools because they allow drop shipping.

Once a camera’s photo data such as model number has been placed into the abuse nexis filter data base, it will then be compared to previously suspended seller accounts.

zapbolt 03-19-2013 07:37 AM

So from what I am understanding when you take a picture of an item with your mobile phone it puts a tracking beacon in the photo or someway where the right person ie. eBay can know it is the same person?

If this is the case how much information can a person attain from a photograph?

Thanks,
Zapbolt

vogeltron 03-20-2013 03:47 AM

No from what I understand if you just click on the JPEG or whatever kind of file your Picture is you look at the specs or Properties on windows it will show the camera model etc. I think even if you click around on a hosting site like photo-bucket you can still get that info. I would be worried less about getting linked by the camera as I would using the same listing text, picture background, etc on multiple accounts.

qamarabbas1 06-05-2013 02:27 AM

If I have take pictures on my ipad and I transfer those pictures onto my other ipad can I use it then?

GreenBean 06-05-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qamarabbas1 (Post 455394)
If I have take pictures on my ipad and I transfer those pictures onto my other ipad can I use it then?

Using your ipad is another issue enitrely.

Is the ebay appl loaded on the ipad?

If so that is not recommended for stealth purposes.

:ranger: